Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I honestly agree with the point you are making however i have to admit i have an unnatural hatred of Robbie Savage. Cannot get over it and never will, absolutely detest the bloke. Makes no logical sense but I cannot get my brain to think differently

This. A piss poor journeyman footballer who probably can't believe his luck landing a media career, when many have studied for the same thing and can't get a break in the industry. 

He's not the only one....micky quinn, lescott, clinton morrison and most of all ian holloway.

Dicks,  all of them !

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I balance this out by shoving them up my arse.

Just tried this on your advice and now I’ve cut my ring piece open on the sharp corner of the wrapper. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Chindie said:

More overtly on topic, my body's sudden ability to get niggling pains is pissing me off

Over Christmas my wrist suddenly started hurting for no reason and hasn't gone away.

I get the same mate. I limit my xhamster visits to twice a day now. 

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I work with an offshore team and a lot of our communication is done by messenger, good people who don't irritate me at all...apart from me asking them to do something and the response is "fine". Which to them it's nothing but everyone I read it it's like a teenager stropping because they have been told to tidy their room. 

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

But the one that gets me (doesn't annoy me, just amuses me) is they use a phrase "Please do the needful"

5 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

'Please revert' instead of 'please do it'

Exactly the same with the offshore team in India that does my paperwork /legal documents for me. I regularly communicate with 10 or 15 different people over there and they all say the above. Another one is when I ask for something they respond with "Sure". It sounds sarcastic, like "Fine" but it really isn't. 

To be honest, since we outsourced the admin jobs to India, the speed and standard of work has improved dramatically. Still a few minor niggles but overall a far higher standard than the old UK team and far more professional. 

2 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Just tried this on your advice and now I’ve cut my ring piece open on the sharp corner of the wrapper. 

Top tip: Don't put it up there sideways. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

There have been some mandatory 'wellbeing workshops' going on at work all week, mine is this afternoon.

Apparently, you get put in to pairs at random and get given a topic regarding wellbeing and mental health (exercise, financial security, nutrition etc.) You then have to go away and research your topic together, come back do a little presentation to the rest of the group.

It sounds like my worst nightmare, I'm dreading it. Is it ironic that it's about wellbeing? There's a woman with anxiety shitting herself here.

How ironic that a mental health wellbeing exercise is actually giving all the people with anxiety a bigger problem.

21 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Feeling sick with a sore throat without actually getting sick enough to call in sick. 

Women in the office would call that “man flu”. They just don’t understand our pain do they! 

On 23/01/2020 at 13:39, Paddywhack said:

There have been some mandatory 'wellbeing workshops' going on at work all week, mine is this afternoon.

Apparently, you get put in to pairs at random and get given a topic regarding wellbeing and mental health (exercise, financial security, nutrition etc.) You then have to go away and research your topic together, come back do a little presentation to the rest of the group.

It sounds like my worst nightmare, I'm dreading it. Is it ironic that it's about wellbeing? There's a woman with anxiety shitting herself here.

Mandatory?  I'd be having words.  Four of which would be "How about **** off?".  That's soul destroying shit, which is ironic.

• Like 4

On 24/01/2020 at 07:49, KenjiOgiwara said:

Feeling sick with a sore throat without actually getting sick enough to call in sick. 

My last place had the option to work from home and an unwritten rule of don't be a **** martyr and make everyone else sick 

My new place doesn't 

The look on my face when I'm dying for 3 days straight but going in to work every day cos I'm busy then the guy in my office coughing twice and having a day off and claiming he caught it from me, that's bullshit 

38 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

My last place had the option to work from home and an unwritten rule of don't be a **** martyr and make everyone else sick 

My new place doesn't 

The look on my face when I'm dying for 3 days straight but going in to work every day cos I'm busy then the guy in my office coughing twice and having a day off and claiming he caught it from me, that's bullshit 

My employer is actually okey about that stuff, but my clients are not. I simply can't take time off being sick cause everything stops up and it affects a lot more people than me. 

42 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

My employer is actually okey about that stuff, but my clients are not. I simply can't take time off being sick cause everything stops up and it affects a lot more people than me. 

That's what they call a 'single point of failure'. Not good.

• Like 1

Â