Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

22 minutes ago, Genie said:

Told my boy I’d take him to the semi-final tomorrow. I can only book my ticket with my ID. Created him a fan ID and it won’t let me use it as no history on it. Anyone know a way around it?

Whenever I’ve taken him before I’ve been able to just buy a ticked for him with my ID no problem.

Phone ticket office and they will allocate it. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I **** hate polo shirts.  Anything with buttons really.

I like a polo shirt, they look better on me than T-Shirts. 

My issue is, the collars always go to shite within about 15 mins of wear. 

I don’t like doing the top button up - looks good on some people, but not me. 

Without doing the top one up, you end up with either a gaping neck or the collar curls up all over the show 

Button down collar polo’s are a bit naff, so that’s a no go. 

I’ve gone one decent one that holds up ok, but the rest do my head in. 

Same as shirts, I tend to buy oxford shirts for the same reason. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

Thanks @Davkaus and @ender4 called ticket office and they set me up. Tickets sorted.

Booked upper tier, instantly thought I’d made a mistake if there’s a return to footballs dark days

Or jubilant scenes dependant on the team being talked about. 

• Haha 1

I might have mentioned this before but it still gives me massive consternation. My daughter is a **** monster. She doesnt do the in car wave/thank you. She doesn't believe in it. She doesn't acknowledge the positive actions of other motorists. 

• Sad 2

34 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I might have mentioned this before but it still gives me massive consternation. My daughter is a **** monster. She doesnt do the in car wave/thank you. She doesn't believe in it. She doesn't acknowledge the positive actions of other motorists. 

I apologise in advance for the names I might call her in the event our cars meet on a narrow road and I give way to her

After people that wear beanies in the gym , non wavers are my second most hated people ..... I always mutter some choice words under my breath if I don't get a wave

Edit - was just thinking , I have a mate who is a non waver , if I'm in the car riding shotgun I find myself waving on his behalf   .. boy I can be strange at times

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I apologise in advance for the names I might call her in the event our cars meet on a narrow road and I give way to her

After people that wear beanies in the gym , non wavers are my second most hated people ..... I always mutter some choice words under my breath if I don't get a wave

Edit - was just thinking , I have a mate who is a non waver , if I'm in the car riding shotgun I find myself waving on his behalf   .. boy I can be strange at times

Oh without doubt. Non wavers are the worst people. 

I work in IT. For an IT company, we have network issues far too often. This isn't the thing that pisses me off.

I manage a team that develops and maintains one of the biggest apps used within the company (1 million users, mix of internal and customer users)

Whenever there's a network issue, every **** panics and attacks me via Skype that the application is slow AGAIN!!!! resulting in moaning to the head of the company, who comes to us and asks why we can't manage a system correctly.

tl;dr IT company can't manage their network which people then blame on us which makes us look shit

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Not strange at all. To get into our drive I have to wait in the middle of a main road to turn right across the incoming traffic. At busy times that usually means somebody letting me through. It's quite tricky to wave while swinging the wheel hard right, so if the wife's with me, she does it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Oh without doubt. Non wavers are the worst people. 

I'm a non waver in situations when the other car didn't have a choice. 

Like you know those chicane things where you have to give way to traffic coming the opposite way. You sometimes get people flashing their lights at you to say thanks. Nah, not for me. I don't have a choice. I have to give way. Don't thank me.

My waves are reserved for people who have gone out of their way on the road. It's like a Paul Hollywood handshake. I don't hand them out willy nilly.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I work in IT. For an IT company, we have network issues far too often. This isn't the thing that pisses me off.

I manage a team that develops and maintains one of the biggest apps used within the company (1 million users, mix of internal and customer users)

Whenever there's a network issue, every **** panics and attacks me via Skype that the application is slow AGAIN!!!! resulting in moaning to the head of the company, who comes to us and asks why we can't manage a system correctly.

tl;dr IT company can't manage their network which people then blame on us which makes us look shit

Maybe the manager of the team who maintains the app needs to be extremely clear when explaining why it isn't them and why it is always the other thing (network) AGAIN!!!!  TBH it would piss me off more (in your position) that the head of the I.T. company continually fails to grasp what a network issue is.

7 minutes ago, BOF said:

Maybe the manager of the team who maintains the app needs to be extremely clear when explaining why it isn't them and why it is always the other thing (network) AGAIN!!!!  TBH it would piss me off more (in your position) that the head of the I.T. company continually fails to grasp what a network issue is.

The issue is, I can tell people why it isn't the app if they come to me and tell me it's slow. But lately, people have either started bitching in the quarterly 'coffee mornings with head' meetings, who then sends an email to everyone with the topics on (never tells us what people what people were bitching about before these emails) or they escalate upwards and the info comes from very senior management.

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The issue is, I can tell people why it isn't the app if they come to me and tell me it's slow. But lately, people have either started bitching in the quarterly 'coffee mornings with head' meetings, who then sends an email to everyone with the topics on (never tells us what people what people were bitching about before these emails) or they escalate upwards and the info comes from very senior management.

We have similar, but luckily our senior management catch on very quickly as to where the issue is, and the next time it happens, they know not to make assumptions.  It sounds like your lot don't catch on.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm a non waver in situations when the other car didn't have a choice. 

Like you know those chicane things where you have to give way to traffic coming the opposite way. You sometimes get people flashing their lights at you to say thanks. Nah, not for me. I don't have a choice. I have to give way. Don't thank me.

My waves are reserved for people who have gone out of their way on the road. It's like a Paul Hollywood handshake. I don't hand them out willy nilly.

In those scenarios, I put my hand up not to say thank you but to say in that very British way, "Sorry. Sorry about this".

Edited by Paddywhack

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Everyone think he's a word removed too, so you have that in common :) 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BOF said:

We have similar, but luckily our senior management catch on very quickly as to where the issue is, and the next time it happens, they know not to make assumptions.  It sounds like your lot don't catch on.

It's been a tricky day :D

System with 1 million users and only 10 admins. We're kept busy

I was walking over a pelican crossing this morning, green man flashing, when a young girl on her phone and not looking where she was going, slowly drove forward on to the crossing, so I had to walk behind her car. Then I noticed her green P plates.

I wasn't really in the mood to start shouting at some 20 something new driver, but as I've woken up through day and started thinking about it, I kind of wish I'd rolled over her bonnet instead.

It's the third or fourth time something similar has happened to me on the same crossing. 

• Haha 1

Â