Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

10 hours ago, Risso said:
10 hours ago, bickster said:

Or a septic minge

Jesus. :puke:

For Risso's sake i think "septic minge" might need to go into the swear filter ? I think his imagination is too strong for it just to be dropped in to a forum with no warning.

I have 2 suggestions so far:- a) "Deep Cleaning needed in the Woods" b ) "Amber Rudd".  How would that work in practice though ? EG "I can't go to work as I have a steaming and bubbling Amber Rudd going on down there,  like **** fire it is and its boiling the yogurt" as an example in everyday forum conversations and discussions. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

For Risso's sake i think "septic minge" might need to go into the swear filter ? I think his imagination is too strong for it just to be dropped in to a forum with no warning.

I have 2 suggestions so far:- a) "Deep Cleaning needed in the Woods" b ) "Amber Rudd".  How would that work in practice though ? EG "I can't go to work as I have a steaming and bubbling Amber Rudd going on down there,  like **** fire it is and its boiling the yogurt" as an example in everyday forum conversations and discussions. 

Nah it should be the reverse, every time someone types Amber Rudd...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Peoples charitable donations should be a personal and private matter. People accosting me in the street or supermarkets do little to further any cause. I'm less likely to donate by a big margin

There's an oldish gent that's renowned in these parts for collecting money for a local charity, The Jospice (or St Josephs Hospice) by standing outside supermarkets singing (I think that's what he's call it) and jumping about (I think he calls this dancing), we've had words more than once

The only way time I ever gave him money was the time I offered him a pound to stop

Clients of mine who eff and jeff all the time when I'm meeting them or on a call with them. I have a good relationship with most of them and i'm no prude but it makes me a feel a little uneasy as at the end of the day i'm still a professional contact and we are talking business. 

2 minutes ago, MickeyC_UTV said:

There is no respect for those girls on babestation anymore (oldest profession and all that)

All I ask for is a bit of decorum. 

• Like 1

Swearing's a funny one - it's all about appropriateness and context. I NEVER heard my Dad swear at home - until the day I was outside the pub with my half of shandy and packet of crisps, and he was with his mates, effing and blinding. I got it. It's OK in the pub (or the playground), but not in the family circle (or a formal work situation). I first took my daughter onto the Holte End when she was about nine or ten. I simply said to her "Don't repeat the language you hear in front of your Mum". She laughed. And she totally got it. 

Now, looking after the granddaughter, she occasionally comes out with "Oh, for **** 's sake" - we just tell her that it's rude, and she shouldn't say it. Context. 

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Now, looking after the granddaughter, she occasionally comes out with "Oh, for **** 's sake" - we just tell her that it's rude, and she shouldn't say it. Context. 

I'm hoping this isn't the 2 year old!

• Like 1

I only once used the f word in front of my Mum when I was about 10 and got such a bollocking I never swore in front of her again.  I always find it strange when I see parents and their kids freely swearing, even when the kids are adults now.  At work though anything pretty much goes.

On the charity thing the thing that really pisses me off is people asking for money for something they were going to do anyway.

Will you sponsor me to ride 100 miles this Saturday on my 3 grand bike?

Didnt it used to be something hard or not nice? Like the old fashioned leg wax, head shave or bath full of beans?

Â