Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

2 hours ago, a m ole said:

advertising hashtags.

”Kellog’s Cornflakes, when’s your perfect bowl? #myperfectbowl”

can’t wait to join that conversation.

Mine is never, because I haven't been tricked in to eating shite for breakfast #mynutrionallyworthlessbowl

P.S. **** cereal.

Edited by Davkaus

When a taxi driver has their sat nav on but they still ask you at every turning whether it's the right way or not.

YES! It's the right way. Your sat nav works. Just **** drive me there and stop talking to me.

13 hours ago, a m ole said:

advertising hashtags.

”Kellog’s Cornflakes, when’s your perfect bowl? #myperfectbowl”

can’t wait to join that conversation.

People are on tidy salaries to come up with crap like that.

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

When a taxi driver has their sat nav on but they still ask you at every turning whether it's the right way or not.

YES! It's the right way. Your sat nav works. Just **** drive me there and stop talking to me.

Its quite rare to find a taxi driver that wants to engage in a conversation in my experience.

After are you busy and what time do you finish that's where it normally ends.

24 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Its quite rare to find a taxi driver that wants to engage in a conversation in my experience.

Good. I’d pay extra for them to say literally nothing. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Good. I’d pay extra for them to say literally nothing. 

On the late night journeys home I normally ask about Uber v Normal Taxi Rank, what are the positives/negatives, that normally sparks up a lengthy conversation.

If I still need something extra I ask about their religion, normally quite interesting and stops the long silence if you don't want it.

5 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

On the late night journeys home I normally ask about Uber v Normal Taxi Rank, what are the positives/negatives, that normally sparks up a lengthy conversation.

If I still need something extra I ask about their religion, normally quite interesting and stops the long silence if you don't want it.

If you're ever in Rotherham... 

I always engage in conversation with taxi drivers , why wouldn’t you ? You aren’t Lord Moneybags and he Jeeves so I don’t see any reason not to ask how his day is and so on ... bonus is that you’ll usually find on the pub run that the guy will go offline and take you all home at 2 am for £30 instead of £50 that the official rate comes in at  

• Like 2

Plane delayed due to a failure with air traffic control in Brussels... people in the row next to me take the opportunity to crack out a bag of fruit and sit there peeling apples and oranges and making far too much noise as they stink the plane out .... best i could come up with for retaliation was to slip my trainers off and counter with stinky feet 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

I always engage in conversation with taxi drivers , why wouldn’t you ? You aren’t Lord Moneybags and he Jeeves so I don’t see any reason not to ask how his day is and so on ... bonus is that you’ll usually find on the pub run that the guy will go offline and take you all home at 2 am for £30 instead of £50 that the official rate comes in at  

I don’t like making small talk with people I know, let alone someone I’ll never speak to again. 

I’m not paying for conversation. 

Same applies at a barber. Shut the **** up and cut my hair. I don’t care about your holiday to Benidorm. 

• Like 3

I only ever used to talk about football with my barbers, before I started shaving my own hair. Liverpool fans, nice guys, but they would have been insufferable this season.

I can still remember the look on my barber’s face once I asked him to give me a grade 2, resigned to the fact he was losing a customer and a regular 10% tip.

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Small talk is horrible. If a driver pipes up about football, or something vaguely interesting I’ll chat as far as that conversation lasts, but asking about their day?

I don’t care and he probably isn’t the interested in telling me if he’s ‘having a busy night mate?’

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

You sir would be first to test my ejector seat, obviously as I was in the process of running Peter Kay over

Most Taxi drivers lie to these questions and find them f***ing irritating because the answers to these questions would often give the customer a clue as to how much money the driver had on him and if he was worth mugging

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I imagine with an airport security OKd blade it would be very difficult, but ‘why’ peel an apple is the question for me?

Would you peel a grape?

Well speaking as a fruit-phobic (not as bad as Tone, but still), all that skin/stalks/pips shit is one of the things I can't be doing with. So on the rare occasions I eat an apple, yes, I would peel, core and slice it first. 

Went to the toilet later in the flight and found fruit man doing yoga like stretches by the toilets 

it’s a 2 1/2 hour flight from Budapest , not 15 ...

dont think I’ve ever disliked one person so much :) 

• Like 1

Â