Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

Trying to check in for my flight on Monday with BA but once again their systems are down. BA - to fly, to serve everyone "¤#"¤ on toast. Don't even get me started on not getting crap food and drinks anymore. I'll start flying KLM or Lufthansa whenever possible I think.

I've used BA loads of times, from Economy to First, and our business - customer relationship is nearly over. Once my next four Avios (air miles) flights are complete, I'll be looking to use pretty much any other airline. All down to a steady decrease in service over the last decade.

Edited by brommy

So open the back door this morning to find blood everywhere, discover the dog cuts himself on the fence, severed a tendon. Emergency vet on a Sunday, $1400 later he is OK (really do love the little bugga) then drive my daughter to see a netball match and get a puncture that's another $250. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

What a shit day. Had to spend three hours in the office, work took longer than expected, £60 fine for being 13 minutes late back to the car, now a splitting migraine. Eurgh. 

You should expense your company for that.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Had a 2.50 acca on the horses today. Three horses returned £650, and the last horse let me down and came second. Gutted, but it's only ££££

Tips for the Derby on Saturday @Rugeley Villa?

• Like 1

Below is an image from Heathrow showing the chaos caused by the computer outage.

My annoyance is the person who thinks they have a right to 3 seats while other people are sitting/sleeping on the floor all over the airport. What arrogance. I'd wake them up and tell them to stop being so selfish. 

_96247837_heathrowsleeping.jpg

• Like 3

On 27/05/2017 at 23:02, krisagg75 said:

tell her she's put weight on since you last saw her.my mate does that all the time,shuts em up

I did this recently...

Bumped into a girl I'd not seen since school 20 years back and (never liked) and one of the first things out her mouth was that I'd less hair. So I told her there was a lot more of her these days, oddly she didn't seem to like it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I did this recently...

Bumped into a girl I'd not seen since school 20 years back and (never liked) and one of the first things out her mouth was that I'd less hair. So I told her there was a lot more of her these days, oddly she didn't seem to like it.

The best barbed compliment for people you're trying to insult without directly insuting is "the bit of weight suits you".

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

The best barbed compliment for people you're trying to insult without directly insuting is "the bit of weight suits you".

I like it but it would have lacked the appropriate proportion of malevolence.

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I like it but it would have lacked the appropriate proportion of malevolence.

Then take out "bit of".  Unless that still wouldn't have worked :D 

12 minutes ago, BOF said:

You, sir, are evil. Have a 'like'. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, blandy said:

Just look them up and down, and then say (sadly) "yes, age gets to us all, doesn't it?"

Or to make it more subtle (by pretending to include yourself), "jayzus we don't be long falling apart eh?"

• Like 1

The foot-long Subway I had earlier. Nice at the time.

Must have passed a foot of shit in the last couple of hours. 

• Like 3

My sister's girlfriend.

Whilst I get on with her fairly well, she's a complete attention whore and she's always a stray sentence away from an embarrassment or an argument. She's come out with some beauties like, when I was discussing leaving my car parked at my mom's house for a week while I was on holiday, "Yeah but do you really want to leave your car in Acocks green?!". This was in front of my mom who's lived there for 30 years.

She's incredibly opinionated, and she seems genuinely offended when every conversation isn't about her.

Almost every conversation gets steered back around to how she's training to be a veterinary nurse. It's amazing how much can be linked back to that! It's a real talent. We were talking about a relative who's dying of cancer the other week and yep, you guessed it, "Oh it's like that time I had to help treat a cat with cancer".
it's not though is it?!

My mom fell and broke both of her wrists last week, so needless to say she's out of action for a while. My two sisters and I agreed we'd go round yesterday and spend the day painting part of the house that needs redecorating.
So we all turn up at midday, my one sister has her gf in tow. nothing wrong with that. I thought she'd pitch in and help decorate but she didn't, she went off and watched TV. bit weird, but nothing wrong with that.

She re-emerges two hours later and proceeds to have an argument with my sister because she's bored and she wants to go home.
What was she expecting? They specifically came to decorate.

It's all very tense and weird. We get on, but none of us like her that much and it always feels awkward and like we're treading on egg shells.
We were planning a big family holiday next year, somewhere like Mexico because my mom has barely ever left the British Isle.

But it's at the stage now where my Mom has said if my sister's gf is invited, then she doesn't think it's a good idea.

Awkward.

Edited by Stevo985

Â