Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

19 hours ago, Baselayers said:

Just keep taking drugs until they are not shit

I'm starting to think that Villa are actually involved in some very large betting scam. I mean, it's harder to be this shit for this long given the investment and 'talent' we have on the books isn't it? 

24 minutes ago, Genie said:

I'm starting to think that Villa are actually involved in some very large betting scam. I mean, it's harder to be this shit for this long given the investment and 'talent' we have on the books isn't it? 

In terms of the amount spent vs results on the pitch, we must be the worst team in England 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Genie said:

You know IF we win, people will start arguing that we can achieve promotion again. I'm not sure what is worse... 

I think even the most rabid fan would concede that now.

Sadly, extremely sadly my only concern now is to finish above little heath. 

Edited by sidcow

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I think even the most rabid fan would concede that now.

Sadly, extremely sadly my only concern now is to finish above little heath. 

I don't care tbh, neither side is going up. It would hurt if they were in danger of the play offs and we weren't. But as it is, nah, I don't care.

4 hours ago, Xela said:

In terms of the amount spent vs results on the pitch, we must be the worst team in England 

Forget relating the results to the amount spent, i mean we'll be one of the worst performing clubs of the last few years irrespective of the £100 million spent on players. None of the other 91 teams will have won just 3 league games last season.

• Like 1

Job Hunting, 

About to apply for a job when I reread the description, They misspelt the job title. How can I work for a company that can't even use a spell checker.

• Like 1

The Wonderful World of Planes and Trains in St. Martins Square has closed because the council re-assigned the building rates which crippled them.

I only went once with my lad but he was amazed by it all and I said we'd go back after Christmas - shame and something that has annoyed me a bit. :( 

It was really fun!

The fact that the government had done their best to persuade us to drive diesel vehicles to cut CO2 emissions and have now changed their minds, and influenced by different Green advice from presumably different experts, want to introduce a scrappage scheme at great cost and personal inconvenience to owners.

Clarkson warned the then Labour government of the consequences of favouring diesels at every opportunity and was condemned for it.

As ever, one year's planet-saving Green solution turns out to be next year's environmental problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MakemineVanilla said:

The fact that the government had done their best to persuade us to drive diesel vehicles to cut CO2 emissions and have now changed their minds, and influenced by different Green advice from presumably different experts, want to introduce a scrappage scheme at great cost and personal inconvenience to owners.

Clarkson warned the then Labour government of the consequences of favouring diesels at every opportunity and was condemned for it.

As ever, one year's planet-saving Green solution turns out to be next year's environmental problem.

I don't see how this is anyone's fault other than the politicians who listened to the lobbyists shouting loudest. It was never a policy built on actual science. The car lobby was manipulating the emissions data of diesel engines. There was no peer review of the results. Getting advice from experts is a fallacy. Always follow the science.

We have catalytic converters in cars because BMW and Mercedes wanted them, not because they were there best way to reduce harmful emissions. The directive is worded that you can use any device as long as your emission profile fits within a range on a graph - and only cats can fit the graph. Lean burn engines were the way to go at that time if the goal was to reduce harmful emissions.

• Like 3

I might have already done this but I can't find it so maybe I forgot.

At work we have these big team meetings where they tell us a load of bullshit, mostly. But if there's a new senior manager joined the company then they do a short presentation about themselves.

For the last one, the manager in question introduced himself normally, and then when he came to the part where he told us about his hobbies, he just said something like.

"My hobby really is work life balance. That's very important to me"

Huh?

he may as well have said "my hobbies are hobbies"

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I might have already done this but I can't find it so maybe I forgot.

At work we have these big team meetings where they tell us a load of bullshit, mostly. But if there's a new senior manager joined the company then they do a short presentation about themselves.

For the last one, the manager in question introduced himself normally, and then when he came to the part where he told us about his hobbies, he just said something like.

"My hobby really is work life balance. That's very important to me"

Huh?

he may as well have said "my hobbies are hobbies"

How strange! 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd understand if someone had put him the spot. but he'd pre-prepared his presentation.

He had slides. Slides that said

"Hobbies: Work-Life Balance"

Maybe he doesn't know what it means?

maybe he was struggling with the question due to a genuine lack of out of work interests.

2 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

The fact that the government had done their best to persuade us to drive diesel vehicles to cut CO2 emissions and have now changed their minds

58 minutes ago, limpid said:

I don't see how this is anyone's fault other than the politicians who listened to the lobbyists shouting loudest. It was never a policy built on actual science. The car lobby was manipulating the emissions data of diesel engines. There was no peer review of the results. Getting advice from experts is a fallacy. Always follow the science.

I have been to a city and I have seen petrol and diesel cars.

In line with recent advice about experts, I was able to think for myself that diesels were noisy, smelly and dirty and not the future.

That people were prepared to ignore their own eyes, ears and noses and be persuaded that diesel was a good thing to promote just shows how well we teach and promote critical thinking in this country.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Yeah the diesel pushers at the time were very wrong. Suddenly the engines had become very powerful, smooth and efficient, yet no-one bothered to check if they actually pump anything nasty out. The carbon figures were pretty good in comparison to petrol so they fixated on that as the planet saving feature.

The NOx that diesels produce give people lung cancer, asthma, other respiratory illnesses. Every mile someone drives in a diesel will be directly linked with someone dying. They're death machines and need to be taken off the roads as soon as possible. The newer ones with adblue are obviously much better but still just masking a problem.

The thing that pisses me off is that these diesels are still being actively pushed in the motoring press, on the TV, in the newspapers, by dealers, everywhere. If you didn't read about the cities which are in the process of banning diesels, the lawsuits against the government for failing to act on previous lawsuits which in turn were for failing to act on clean air regulations, you would think it's still a good option to buy a diesel. In fact, the current prices make them seem very good value when looking at the great MPG they're getting. It's telling that diesel models used to be a good £2-3k more than the petrol models. Now they're about the same amount cheaper.

Â