Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Someone put a Christmas anagram quiz up in the kitchen at work. That would piss me off enough, but one of the clues.

"Be The Helm"

Really?

I got stuck on "Satan Claus"

57 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Reddit.

I mean, the stuff on there is great.

But the format of the commenting underneath is absolute garbage.

Horses for courses I guess, i much, much prefer it to single-threaded forums.

Any post can have dozens of seperate little conversations all going on, all related to the topic, but isolated from each other so they can all be easily followed. On a forum like this, after a couple of pages a post is pretty much gone, and more than one conversation going on in a thread turns things in to a right mess.

55 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Ha! Random.

I wish I'd been present at whatever caused that. 

I always go for the cheap option and buy a big roll of tape without a dispenser, then when it comes to wrapping Christmas presents go batshit when I lose the end for the fifteenth time.

24 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I get round that by just not buying people presents. 

It's why God invented Amazon gift vouchers I suppose.

Also, it pisses me off when my favourite brand of deodorant starts a new flavour but has almost the exact same colour scheme as the one I normally buy.  I now smell different to normal as I picked up the wrong one in the shop.

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Exactly. People really believe you can earn less by working more.

I knew a guy at work who got stuffed out of a £3k bonus, he was like "at least I ain't paying more tax". 

Some people are THAT stupid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Horses for courses I guess, i much, much prefer it to single-threaded forums.

Any post can have dozens of seperate little conversations all going on, all related to the topic, but isolated from each other so they can all be easily followed. On a forum like this, after a couple of pages a post is pretty much gone, and more than one conversation going on in a thread turns things in to a right mess.

See I can't follow it. At all. 

I get lost in the Reddit comments. Absolutely hate it.

6 hours ago, choffer said:

My mate's a bit like that. To be fair though, his stories are never made up, just borrowed. He has a multitude of stories of things that happened to him. All are very funny but all he is doing is appropriating stories he's been told and inserting himself as the protagonist. He told me a great one about being caught speeding in Mozambique a few weeks ago. I waited until he'd completed the (embellished) story before pointing out that it was actually me that was done for speeding in Africa but that I very much appreciated the extra touches he'd added to the story.

The thing with this bloke I work with, i now think about everything he says, cus I just think bullshit everytime he talks to me, it's not like he isn't a nice bloke, he's sound and the lies aren't malicious, it's just I feel like saying that's clearly bollocks to him. 

6 hours ago, choffer said:

My mate's a bit like that. To be fair though, his stories are never made up, just borrowed. He has a multitude of stories of things that happened to him. All are very funny but all he is doing is appropriating stories he's been told and inserting himself as the protagonist. He told me a great one about being caught speeding in Mozambique a few weeks ago. I waited until he'd completed the (embellished) story before pointing out that it was actually me that was done for speeding in Africa but that I very much appreciated the extra touches he'd added to the story.

The thing with this bloke I work with, i now think about everything he says, cus I just think bullshit everytime he talks to me, it's not like he isn't a nice bloke, he's sound and the lies aren't malicious, it's just I feel like saying that's clearly bollocks to him. 

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

See I can't follow it. At all. 

I get lost in the Reddit comments. Absolutely hate it.

Same. I know Reddit it immensely popular, but I pretty much just use it to find streams for stuff, because reading through is a complete chore.

• Like 3

On 22/12/2016 at 12:16, choffer said:

You missed out his response! Was it embarrassed mumbling or did he try to BS his way out of it?

9 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Commented once to correct someone on a retail epos system, thought what the hell have I become and never commented again.

We've all hit rock bottom at some point. 

I was once a mod on a Nokia ringtone forum. 

• Like 3

Â