Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

because he knows 2 songs, one is horse with no name, the other is no woman no cry, and my experience is we dont play along, he strums random "chords" whilst I try to play the agreed tune. Could be worse, he could accompany me on bongos.

Well it's all coming out now, eh Pete?

Just had to say the word, not keep postponing and postponing and messing me about.

For Sale:

Bongo & Conga Technique Book. Hardly **** used. £7.99

30023879031_07dbb96f3c.jpg

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

"If you're going to come to England, you better learn to talk English."

The thing is, I get the reasoning behind that if you're coming to work and live etc. Intregration is important.

So I can sympathise with people who say it. But a bloke talking on the phone to his wife? I'd love to hear the justification from some people.

Especially when, as you say, we don't even attempt to integrate ourselves.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

because he knows 2 songs, one is horse with no name, the other is no woman no cry, and my experience is we dont play along, he strums random "chords" whilst I try to play the agreed tune. Could be worse, he could accompany me on bongos.

Fair enough. I have a mate who's a beginner guitarist, and I encourage him to come round and jam. He's painfully aware of his inability, but it's the best way to improve. They have to want to though. 

2 minutes ago, choffer said:

Get off the bus then.

No, this is the lady that works with me...but seeing as I got a reply., let me get another thing off my chest.

She also commentates on everything she does, to herself, or to her computer. Infact, I am not sure who she is talking to.

*Looks at piece of paper.

"Oh, that's interesting."

*Something happens on her computer.

"Oh really, that's weird."

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

No, this is the lady that works with me...but seeing as I got a reply., let me get another thing off my chest.

She also commentates on everything she does, to herself, or to her computer. Infact, I am not sure who she is talking to.

*Looks at piece of paper.

"Oh, that's interesting."

*Something happens on her computer.

"Oh really, that's weird."

DHUTWU?

• Like 1

Trying to buy a house is driving me crazy. Found a lovely house we liked over a week ago, were the first people to view it, straight after the viewing we offered asking price to take it off the market. The sellers then decide to honour all the current booked viewings and would take final offers the following week (this was yesterday) as there was other bidders. We've put in a final offer which was well over the asking price 'cos we loved the house that much. They rang to ask how flexible we were with moving in times as they were about to have a baby, we said we can be very flexible as we both only need to give 1 months notice in our rented houses. Today, I get another call asking if i'm in a contract for rented (ie, 6months, 12months), to which I replied no, like stated before, we're both in monthly contracts.

Since then.... nothing. WTF is taking so long?!? Surely it can't be this hard to decide who you want to sell your house too!?

There's another property we like which has it's "Best and final offer" day today, if we lose out on the original house we're going to put a bid in for this one. But if they don't get back to me before 3PM we may lose out on that house too. Grrrrr....

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

On 10/3/2016 at 18:40, mjmooney said:

Backwards baseball cap? That's a chav. Hipsters wear flat caps. 

I have a flat cap. Comes with the Boston uniform. I never wear it though, I'm not old enough yet.

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Trying to buy a house is driving me crazy. Found a lovely house we liked over a week ago, were the first people to view it, straight after the viewing we offered asking price to take it off the market. The sellers then decide to honour all the current booked viewings and would take final offers the following week (this was yesterday) as there was other bidders. We've put in a final offer which was well over the asking price 'cos we loved the house that much. They rang to ask how flexible we were with moving in times as they were about to have a baby, we said we can be very flexible as we both only need to give 1 months notice in our rented houses. Today, I get another call asking if i'm in a contract for rented (ie, 6months, 12months), to which I replied no, like stated before, we're both in monthly contracts.

Since then.... nothing. WTF is taking so long?!? Surely it can't be this hard to decide who you want to sell your house too!?

There's another property we like which has it's "Best and final offer" day today, if we lose out on the original house we're going to put a bid in for this one. But if they don't get back to me before 3PM we may lose out on that house too. Grrrrr....

Pieface. I share that. I'm waiting on all the processes to go through on mine. No grand property, small cottage in the sticks. EWhat you have typed out there is consistent with my experience. At work at the mo, but saw this and i hope you come through that. They are shifty gits. I could write a page on this and their tactics. I dont know you, but fingers crossed for you pal, because i have been messed around plenty and echo your concerns. My bid was eventually accepted two weeks ago, but the hassles to get to that point, jesus christ. 

I know their job is to get a place and sell it as quick as they can for as much as they can, but the games they play... it p-sses me off. I'd just stick estate agents in this room 101. No offence to any estate agents on here, as you're clearly less of a c--- than your industry counterparts purely for who you support, i'll let you off.

• Like 1

Â