Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

7 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Same as yours LOL

(for anybody who doesn't know, me and lapalfan know each other and we actually do have the same birthday!! So this is quite humorous, you see)

Weird I always thought Lapal was an AI Bot that Limpid had written

19 hours ago, Midfielder said:

and..... ... Kylie effing Jenner (fitting for the thread title) 

Would

18 hours ago, darrenm said:

Missandei 

Definitely would

14 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

VillaAjax.

The snowboarder?  Would

• Like 1

Birthday shared with:

Alexandre Dumas / Hilaire Belloc / Jean Baudrillard / Shirley Williams / Khieu Samphan / Pina Bausch / Simon Jones (Arthur Dent) / Donnie Yen / Triple H / Jonty Rhodes / Nikolaj Coster-Waldau / Maya Rudolph / Alessandro Pistone / Taylor Schilling / Marek Hamsik / Jordan Spieth

I can't decide if that would make a great dinner party or a dull one. Probably too many athletes for a really interesting party. I'm unsure if I'm happy with that list as a seating plan as well, though I do think it would be amusing to sit Khieu Samphan next to Shirley Williams. I'd probably put myself between Arthur Dent and Donnie Yen. Rudolph can sit opposite. I mean, she's not all that but there's a distinct lack of lookers at this party. The triumvirate of Schilling, Hamsik and Spieth looks all kinds of dull so they can sit at the furthest end of the table. I can imagine them all turning down wine for mocktails. 

My birthday is the anniversary of: 

Execution of Charles I 

Assassination of Mahatma Gandhi 

Assassination of Martin Luther King 

Bloody Sunday in N. Ireland 

On the other hand: 

Beatles' EMI rooftop gig 

• Like 1

On 16/09/2016 at 12:54, BOF said:

When you come to O/T and only the music threads are in bold.

When you come to O/T and only the cricket, boxing and wrestling threads are in bold. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

My birthday is the anniversary of: 

Execution of Charles I 

Assassination of Mahatma Gandhi 

Assassination of Martin Luther King 

Bloody Sunday in N. Ireland 

On the other hand: 

Beatles' EMI rooftop gig 

wasn't it Apple rooftop ?

and weren't Gandhi and MLK killed on different dates ( Jan v April)  , as in the U2 song , " Early morning, April four , Shot rings out in the Memphis sky "

Edited by tonyh29

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

It begs the question: why do you like football then?

Because it's good. Unlike cricket, boxing and wrestling. Oh yeah, and golf, also shite. 

EDIT: Rugby, too. Shite. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I struggle to understand anyone over the age of 9 liking wrestling. It's my failing, not theirs, I have my own dumb and weird hobbies.

I've got friends that are in their 30's and 40's and collect little plastic poseable action figures that are wrestlers or characters from comics. We go to the football (as dumb a past time as any) and they'll start discussing some wrestler's latest youtube rant about another wrestler. They get excited about some up coming patently rehearsed bout between 'characters'. It's beyond me. Utter childish shite.

I recall going to Woking centre halls to See Big Daddy v Giant Haystacks , I guess I'd have been around 9 / 10 and it was the greatest thing  , as was Wrestling on World of Sport on ITV

thing is it was fat blokes wrestling and somehow entertaining and almost real looking  .. I can't equate that to the shit WWF serve up nowadays m even if it were a time machine and 10 year old me was watching .

Have to smile at this old wrestling poster , ah those were the days when you could call a wrestler gay and the world wasn't offended by it and you could leave your doors unlocked and blackjacks were 4 for a penny  :) 

article-2553838-1B42F0AE00000578-897_470x705.jpg

• Like 4

Â