Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

5 minutes ago, useless said:

I'm a stupid person, but at least I know it.

That's unpossible.  That level of awareness precludes you :P

I can concur with the name thing.

I have a simple but sightly uncommon surname. But nobody ever seems to get it right. I've received bills with a completely different surname before now (and yes they were for me unfortunately!).

I've got to the point I automatically spell it whenever i have to provide my name to someone verbally.

Then if someone does catch it, I hit the other thing that pisses me off. My surname is shared by a couple of people who are reasonably well known. The immediate reaction is 'oh are you related to him?'. No, I'm not. Now can we get on with what I'm actually here for?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, useless said:

I told the woman at the bank to pronounce my name however she wishes. Then she thought I didn't know how to pronounce my own name and that it might not even be my real name.

"Here's your money, Mister Howevershewishes". 

• Like 4

She said 'thanks Mister Howevershewishes' (or my actual surname) when I went, but I think that was because she didn't want to call me useless out loud.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

The nob sat opposite me at work has told me 6 or 7 times that she is driving on the motorway to go to london after work.

I didn't know how to respond the first time. 

She's told me 3 or 4 times that she's booked a holiday in Dubai and how much it cost. I think I was supposed to act jealous and surprised about the cost each time.

16 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

There are two guys in my office that 'do' car park design.

Can you ask them if they have made car parking spaces bigger over the years? I only ask as cars must have got 25%-30% wider and longer over the years, just look at the evolution of the 3 series BMW from the 80's and to a lesser extent, the VW Golf, but the spaces seem to be the same size. I'm like pissin' Stretch Armstrong now when it comes to getting in and out of my car in Sainsburys now!

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Group of women holidaying in Dubai or Marbella. Just shows a huge lack of imagination and is purely an image thing

There is a lady at work who holidays in Dubai multiple times a year and she thinks she's the cats whiskers. I've told her she's wasting her time as she is too old for the rich Sheikhs who are more interested in the 18yo Russian hookers. 

She thinks I'm a word removed. 

I thought I was the only holiday snob around here :)

Amsterdam - meh it's where virgins go as they don't want to stray too far from their mum the first time they get laid

Thailand - meh it's where unimaginative women go because they watched the beach and they think it will be magical , before complaining about the lack of Wi-Fi on their idyllic resort 2 mins after check in

India - Look at me I'm wearing a red dot on my forehead  and I'm finding myself , which you can read all about in my blog that I update hourly

and so on and so on ...

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Xela said:

Group of women holidaying in Dubai or Marbella. Just shows a huge lack of imagination and is purely an image thing

There is a lady at work who holidays in Dubai multiple times a year and she thinks she's the cats whiskers. I've told her she's wasting her time as she is too old for the rich Sheikhs who are more interested in the 18yo Russian hookers. 

She thinks I'm a word removed. 

To add to this, women complaining over womens rights, sharing feminist views, quoting Pankhurst.........and then taking a vacation in Dubai

When I was in the USA in the 90s, it was an era when many Americans were switching from huge gas guzzlers to smaller, European-style cars. The old car park bays seemed correspondingly HUGE. 

12 hours ago, Tegis said:

To add to this, women complaining over womens rights, sharing feminist views, quoting Pankhurst.........and then taking a vacation in Dubai

Women's rights will always come second to a good Instagram photo or a Snapchat story! 

It continues to amaze me how people display such a distinct lack of empathy and think it's okay. 

Context: My missus is in a Whatsapp group with all her old friends from high school. She has another friend who went to a different high school. This friend's (A) family own a greenhouse company that supply greenhouses for 80% of Poland; ergo they're minted. Two days ago, A's dad died in a bike accident. Totally sudden. He was 48. Complete shock to everyone. The girl posted a picture on Instagram of a rainbow over their house with the captain 'this was you'.

The Whatsapp group start 1) making fun of her for posting shit on Instagram and 2) laughing about her. My missus goes mad at them and their response is 'she clearly got over it fast and is attention seeking. If your dad dies you don't make posts on Instagram blah blah blah'.

They also said this is our private group so we're just stating an opinion etc. I was speechless. What is wrong with people? If somebody's dad dies, they can react exactly how they want without any judgement or ridicule. Really angered me and upset my missus. I think she'll lose friends over it which is ridiculous.

Social media is a scourge.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 3

Â