Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

4 hours ago, snowychap said:

When we live in a world where the Polish government is worryingly moving to the (undemocratic) nationalist right and the Danes pass laws to confiscate the property of refugees, it's so important that we imprison bigots or even just people who gob off like those racist shites on a bus.

The Danes afaik take the same from their own people also.  I am not saying it's correct but they did not just pull this action out of the air.

John Lydon did an interview with the BBC in 1978.

He was asked "Who would you  most like to kill ?"

He replied,  along the lines of "I would like it to be made into a film,  I have a list and Jimmy Saville is at the very top of the list.  With all his horrible seediness etc"

Never broadcast.  A recent interview with him confirmed that "Everyone knew what would happen to you if you went to see Top of the Pops or Jim'll fix it" 

At the time if you asked parents "Would you like your kid to stay the night with the Sex Pistols or Jimmy Saville" I reckon 99% would have chosen the Saville.  The power of the media in action I suppose.

The fact that the BBC were told in 1978 is a bit sad also,  we are now in 2016.  He would have been tortured on a daily basis in Prison by the inmates and the guards,  I think I am just pi%%ed off we missed the opportunity decade after decade.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

The Danes afaik take the same from their own people also.  I am not saying it's correct but they did not just pull this action out of the air.

I'm not sure that the jewelry bill that they passed the other day is directed at anyone else other than immigrants/refugees.

If he had ever made it to prison he wouldn't have been near other inmates for 2 reasons.  Firstly, don't paedos have their own area precisely because they'd be targetted by others, and secondly, being a celebrity, rightly or wrongly, there would be extra security for his personal safety.  But it's all epidemic now anyway as Del Boy would say.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BOF said:

If he had ever made it to prison he wouldn't have been near other inmates for 2 reasons.  Firstly, don't paedos have their own area precisely because they'd be targetted by others, and secondly, being a celebrity, rightly or wrongly, there would be extra security for his personal safety.  But it's all epidemic now anyway as Del Boy would say.

In theory, he'd be in a 'VP' wing or even a 'VP' dedicated prison.

He would only be mixing with other old men that had done similar things. This would likely involve lots of gardening or looking after an aviary.

As a VP, he could elect to be in solitary. 

If he was in a VP wing of a 'normal' prison, then it would be the ambition of many of the 'normal' prisoners to get at the VP's somehow and do some damage and become a 'hero'.

But he's dead.

19 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

and that's a cause for celebration is it?

I must admit this notion that heroic inmates dish out vigilante justice isn't really something i buy into either 

On 27 January 2016 at 01:45, snowychap said:

When we live in a world where the Polish government is worryingly moving to the (undemocratic) nationalist right and the Danes pass laws to confiscate the property of refugees, it's so important that we imprison bigots or even just people who gob off like those racist shites on a bus.

The Danes are just following the Swiss , Dutch and Germans with this law aren't they ? Which I have to confess I was unaware these countries had in place ... Is it because Denmark has a right wing govt that it becomes newsworthy and sinister or was it news when the other countries imposed it and I just missed it ? ( general question really im only quoting snowy as he mentioned it )

On 1/25/2016 at 19:31, Xela said:

A man having female friends. What's the point?

I like it.

Watch the madness without being in the firing line.

Nicer to share a bed with after a night out. You don't have to run off the next day, they have quality shower and bathroom products, they sort breakfast and you remember names.

I'm in a long term relationship, used to the no sex bit :P

The guy playing Private Pike in the new Dad's Army film has dropped the C&B Villa scarf, because he's a Milwall fan and hates West Ham. FFS. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

The guy playing Private Pike in the new Dad's Army film has dropped the C&B Villa scarf, because he's a Milwall fan and hates West Ham. FFS. 

That whole movie looks like a waste of some serious talent.

And as much as I love Toby Jones, there really is only one Captain Mainwaring.

10 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

That whole movie looks like a waste of some serious talent.

And as much as I love Toby Jones, there really is only one Captain Mainwaring.

Actually, the recent TV drama about the birth of the series, with John Sessions playing Arthur Lowe playing Captain Mainwaring was surprisingly good. 

• Like 1

OK, so in contradiction to what I just said, new Pike actually seems to be wearing a more distinctive Villa scarf in this poster.

MV5BMTQ0NjczNjgxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjcy

Edited by limpid
fixed embed by pressing RETURN

Â