Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I hate equality and diversity to fill quotas in general. To reach true equality questions such as ethnicity etc wouldn't need to be asked.

The problem with quotas is that better qualified candidates who are considered to come from a 'privileged' group (white males) are rejected in favour of less qualified candidates coming from groups who claim to lack privilege (take your pick).

For instance:

These days there is a lot of pressure to get women into STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) because women tend not to choose those subjects, but STEM jobs are better paid, so colleges are choosing worse qualified women over better qualified men to fulfil their quotas.

This cannot be right.

Edited by MakemineVanilla

*Sigh* First Iggy Pop, then Al Pacino, Harvey Keitel, and now Willem Dafoe. I used to like and respect them all, and enjoyed their work. Now they're selling me car insurance, satellite TV, more car insurance, and broadband.

"Here's the deal, folks: You do a commercial, you're off the artistic roll call, forever. End of story. Okay? You're a corporate ******* shill, you're another whore at the capitalist gang-bang, and if you do a commercial, there's a price on your head, everything you say is suspect, and every word that comes out of your mouth is now like a turd falling into my drink." 

I thought that the day I saw Kevin Spacey advertising an airline. Not Kevin Spacey I said to myself, not one of the finest actors of his generation. Reduced to this.

Then I researched and read that his fee was donated to some performances trust...

*Sigh* First Iggy Pop, then Al Pacino, Harvey Keitel, and now Willem Dafoe. I used to like and respect them all, and enjoyed their work. Now they're selling me car insurance, satellite TV, more car insurance, and broadband.

"Here's the deal, folks: You do a commercial, you're off the artistic roll call, forever. End of story. Okay? You're a corporate ******* shill, you're another whore at the capitalist gang-bang, and if you do a commercial, there's a price on your head, everything you say is suspect, and every word that comes out of your mouth is now like a turd falling into my drink." 

Everyone except Willie Nelson. ;)

It's the year 2015 and the global slaughter of elephants continues unabated. 

I went to Elsa's for my honeymoon some years back , the poachers had done such a job there was very little wildlife left .. the new Warden let it be known he was going to adopt a shoot to kill policy on poachers  ..and he was true to his word ... some could argue the poachers are trying to earn money to feed a family and are driven to desperate measures   and thus don't deserve to be shot  ... either way  people got the message and the wildlife has returned to that area

elsewhere on the planet  in Fiji stocks of fish were all but gone but the reef had a great amount of sharks that attracted scuba divers from around the world ... a local tour company pay the fishermen not to fish in that reef  ... the fish are back , the tourism is increasing and they are talking about extending the same policy to other reefs  ... I even got to see a Tiger shark there B)

I guess that works just as well as shooting people

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

People who still don't know how self serve checkouts work.

"It works on weight, you moron! If you stand there with your turkey twizzlers in your hand instead of in the bag it won't work!"

even better now as when they finally do work out how to use the thing  and come to pay it asks them to enter how many bags they used  ... which prompts them to keep putting their credit card in and out the machine , lifting the bags up and looking around for a checkout assistant

I visualise a wall with them up against it and me holding the rifle

Both of those examples would probably be me.

I don't use self service checkouts, so wouldn't have a clue if i had to.

Staff in Tesco have tried to usher me to one before... and i've politely refused. 

People who still don't know how self serve checkouts work.

"It works on weight, you moron! If you stand there with your turkey twizzlers in your hand instead of in the bag it won't work!"

even better now as when they finally do work out how to use the thing  and come to pay it asks them to enter how many bags they used  ... which prompts them to keep putting their credit card in and out the machine , lifting the bags up and looking around for a checkout assistant

I visualise a wall with them up against it and me holding the rifle

Both of those examples would probably be me.

I don't use self service checkouts, so wouldn't have a clue if i had to.

Staff in Tesco have tried to usher me to one before... and i've politely refused. 

I just think it is merely a means of reducing the number of staff they employ, so I refuse on principle. 

The fact that self-serve checkouts are considered a greater priority than ordinary checkouts and staff will leave a queue of people to attend to a problem, can really piss you off, as it should.

• Like 1

I witnessed some very bad racism this weekend, after work there was a black guy standing beside a sausage wagon eating a sausage and some mashed potatos, when a guy walks by him and takes his sausage and throws it on the ground and says that black guys should be eating bananas and not sausages...

I witnessed some very bad racism this weekend, after work there was a black guy standing beside a sausage wagon eating a sausage and some mashed potatos, when a guy walks by him and takes his sausage and throws it on the ground and says that black guys should be eating bananas and not sausages...

I would have loved the end of the story being the racist guy getting his head kicked in. 

Â