Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

People who support teams from different ends of the country to where they were born and live pretending that local rivalries mean something to them.

For example, A London born and bred Man Utd fan hating Liverpool and Man Citeh because, you know, its the done thing.

I was once in a pub, watching Liverpool vs Man Utd, and sat pissing myself laughing at a group of fans (a mix of both), talking like they were from Salford and Toxteth. They all had broad North East accents. I could barely hide my contempt.  

It's something i've hated for a long time but I was listening to TalkSport earlier and it infuriated me. Andy Goldstein, in his broad London accent was asked which goal he would liked to have scored. His reply was Eric Cantona's goal in the F.A Cup final because it was against Liverpool.

I'm sure it means a hell of a lot to you pal. 

• Like 1

The fact that Villa Talk itself asks me to correct the spelling of Villan every time i type it.

That's your browser, not VillaTalk. Add it to the dictionary in your browser with a right-click.

People who support teams from different ends of the country to where they were born and live pretending that local rivalries mean something to them.

For example, A London born and bred Man Utd fan hating Liverpool and Man Citeh because, you know, its the done thing.

I was once in a pub, watching Liverpool vs Man Utd, and sat pissing myself laughing at a group of fans (a mix of both), talking like they were from Salford and Toxteth. They all had broad North East accents. I could barely hide my contempt.  

It's something i've hated for a long time but I was listening to TalkSport earlier and it infuriated me. Andy Goldstein, in his broad London accent was asked which goal he would liked to have scored. His reply was Eric Cantona's goal in the F.A Cup final because it was against Liverpool.

Being a Villa fan is terrible right now but I wouldn't swap places with any of these types.

Being a Villa fan is terrible right now but I wouldn't swap places with any of these types.

• Like 1

Fireworks should not be on sale to the general public.

Agree, not because people are idiots and don't know what to do with them but because the shite "cheap" fireworks that you can purchase over the counter are criminally bad

I'm sure the majority of us here have a mate who can get hold of a £100 set of fireworks for £25, **** doing that again, I wouldn't pay £5 for that shite

Unless you can get proper display fireworks that require a license to purchase (which may or may not have been sold in the pub on my estate a few years back...) they are utterly pointless

I love firework displays, never been anything but disappointed when doing it round someone's house

People pronouncing the word 'idyllic' as 'eye-dillick'.

It's 'ID-illick'!

That is understandable though because people think it is another form of ideal rather than referring to a style of poetry/painting etc.

Not everyone went to a good school like what you did. [emoji4]

(Reply starts here, damn this new quoting system)

No, they didn't, but people in broadcast media always used to, so at least there was an example that people could learn from.

Not any more. Some BBC newsreaders and presenters seem to be functionally illiterate these days.

People pronouncing the word 'idyllic' as 'eye-dillick'.

It's 'ID-illick'!

That is understandable though because people think it is another form of ideal rather than referring to a style of poetry/painting etc.

Not everyone went to a good school like what you did. emoji4.png

(Reply starts here, damn this new quoting system)

No, they didn't, but people in broadcast media always used to, so at least there was an example that people could learn from.

Not any more. Some BBC newsreaders and presenters seem to be functionally illiterate these days.

I have to admit that the BBC has definitely gone to the bow-wows since they became obsessed with the demotic.

These days you have to listen to Radio 3 to be reminded of how it used to be. :)

• Like 1

*Sigh* First Iggy Pop, then Al Pacino, Harvey Keitel, and now Willem Dafoe. I used to like and respect them all, and enjoyed their work. Now they're selling me car insurance, satellite TV, more car insurance, and broadband.

"Here's the deal, folks: You do a commercial, you're off the artistic roll call, forever. End of story. Okay? You're a corporate ******* shill, you're another whore at the capitalist gang-bang, and if you do a commercial, there's a price on your head, everything you say is suspect, and every word that comes out of your mouth is now like a turd falling into my drink." 

And Lenny Henry

• Like 2

Re my previous post about pokerstars:
Holy shit it appears to be much worse than i thought, theyve implemented something which means the best players will be moving down in stakes which makes all the games much much harder everywhere (as there will be a topple down effect). So the 3/4k£ loss will just be a minimum :( My skill level is pretty close/near to the high stakes tables and people around my skill level are seriously thinking about getting a job due to how unbeatable the games will become. I will literally have to go into the 9 to 5 job grind .:( 

I knew the day would come where something like this will happen where the games come close to unbeatable,  but thought that would be at least 2 years down the line and not because of a quick money grab.

I best learn how to make an empty CV. sigh
Goodbye freedom :(

Edited by gharperr

*Sigh* First Iggy Pop, then Al Pacino, Harvey Keitel, and now Willem Dafoe. I used to like and respect them all, and enjoyed their work. Now they're selling me car insurance, satellite TV, more car insurance, and broadband.

"Here's the deal, folks: You do a commercial, you're off the artistic roll call, forever. End of story. Okay? You're a corporate ******* shill, you're another whore at the capitalist gang-bang, and if you do a commercial, there's a price on your head, everything you say is suspect, and every word that comes out of your mouth is now like a turd falling into my drink." 

And Lenny Henry

Yeah, I was gutted to see the great Lenny Henry selling out. The greatest artist of his generation.

• Like 2

Can't you just join a different poker site?

kind of. The number of players when it gets to midstakes or higher on different sites are incredibly low so wont be able to get enough volume in. They often also charge more to play there (through rake) which makes it even harder to win at and they dont provide the level of security against bots etc and $ security (multiple sites have gone under and just kept all the player funds or cant guarantee cashouts). 

Pokerstars hold such a monopoly over the poker industry that such a radical change is going to affect every other site negatively aswell (unless them sites invest heavily in software/advertisement which isnt the most sensible thing in a industry thats declining) 

It certainly isnt as simple as move sites and everything will be semi-ok :(
Pokerstars changed hands last year and ever since its just been bad news and money grab due to them being a publicly traded company now

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

Appropriate for this thread. Phone chargers with so little power in them that using the phone while it's connected to the charger still uses up the battery.

• Like 1

Quotas for the amount of women in passports, bank notes and most annoyingly jobs. I've frequently been told at work that I will be favoured for a job as a woman. Doesn't make sense and inevitably means that any woman who makes it into top jobs are seen as getting there because of their gender. It actually has the opposite affect of whAt it intends.

Â