Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Out of interest, if you had given up football, would you have left VT?

I don't know. I was thinking I'd probably have to, to avoid being sucked back into the pit of suffering.

A full on rant telling  each one of us exactly what you think of us ,  using every expletive known to man just to make sure you don't change your mind and come back  will solve that problem

P.s  .. Start with Bicks:)

• Like 1

I've completely lost interest in footie at the moment. Didn't even know who we signed until ginko told me the other day.

It's completely unexciting.

I'd still come here though, off topic can be brilliant and I use the games forum quite a lot.

• Like 1

i was reading the inferno recently and i'm pretty sure dante was thinking of a future football forum when he described the fifth circle in canto vii

'Here saw I people, more than elsewhere, many,
On one side and the other, with great howls,
Rolling weights forward by main force of chest.
They clashed together, and then at that point
Each one turned backward, rolling retrograde,
Crying, "Why keepest?" and, "Why squanderest thou?"
Thus they returned along the lurid circle
On either hand unto the opposite point,
Shouting their shameful metre evermore.
Then each, when he arrived there, wheeled about
Through his half-circle to another joust;'

• Like 3

Out of interest, if you had given up football, would you have left VT?

Why? I'gave up' on football quite a while ago. Doesn't stop me coming on here in the off tropics.
  • Like 1

So far today I've had my PC inexplicably stop working, one the locks on the door break, the ironing board break, and the lawnmower break halfway through mowing the lawn.

To say the lawnmower was considerably more broken after its first break down, is an understatement. If anything else breaks today it'll be sacrificed to the gods through the medium of fire.

First day of the football season and how many Premier League games at 3pm? 

FOUR! 

First day should be everyone playing at the same time or at least the vast majority. Makes it more special. Obviously never going to go back to those days

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

i was reading the inferno recently and i'm pretty sure dante was thinking of a future football forum when he described the fifth circle in canto vii

'Here saw I people, more than elsewhere, many,

On one side and the other, with great howls,

Rolling weights forward by main force of chest.

They clashed together, and then at that point

Each one turned backward, rolling retrograde,

Crying, "Why do you hoard?" and, "Why do you waste?"

Thus they returned along the lurid circle

On either hand unto the opposite point,

Shouting their shameful metre evermore.

Then each, when he arrived there, wheeled about

Through his half-circle to another joust;'

A slight tweak but I think it makes it clearer.

I am not sure it describes football but Dante seems to have predicted the slogans of the two wings of British politics.

First day of the football season and how many Premier League games at 3pm? 

FOUR! 

First day should be everyone playing at the same time or at least the vast majority. Makes it more special. Obviously never going to go back to those days

They shouldn't have it in the middle of the cricket season neither! :angry:

Edited by snowychap

I've had this small mole on my right ear for as long as I can remember, anyway it's small enough that I forget it's even there. Until I looked in the mirror today and noticed I had about five hairs an inch long growing from it. God knows how long they've been there. People must think I'm some sort of hairy-eared freak, why didn't anyone tell me ffs.

I've had this small mole on my right ear for as long as I can remember, anyway it's small enough that I forget it's even there. Until I looked in the mirror today and noticed I had about five hairs an inch long growing from it. God knows how long they've been there. People must think I'm some sort of hairy-eared freak, why didn't anyone tell me ffs.

Because most people look in the mirror more than 3 times a year so they assumed you knew?

The wholly invented term "cis"

a) Its totally unnecessary.

b ) appears only to be used as a pejorative term of thinly veiled abuse - as if it is a bad thing.

Edited by Eames

Â