Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

rrujdk.jpg

Said cake! :)

What is it with pointless ornamental lanterns? We own that exact lantern, I dont know why or when it was bought.

We have lots of pointless ornamental candle holders, there was a power cut a year or so ago and my mum decided to light a few for the first time.

2 seconds later I notice there's a plume of smoke coming from the living room.

She had set the bottom of the TV on fire.

Lots of things today:

1) Work - got today off but have still spent about 4 hours doing work today - the joys of remote access! Its getting to the stage where I literally can't have a day off as i'm that busy

4) My arse. Fresh from shitting blood for a week, now it seems I have no notice for when i need to go. I just get a stabbing pain and have to go right away. Nearly shat myself in Costa Coffee earlier

If you are stressed by work you might be showing signs of irritable bowel syndrome.

Check out on Wiki.

On a day off you don't 'have' to do any work, that's ultimately your choice. If you find that you 'have' to work on during your annual leave then you really should talk to your line manager and if necessary, HR about your workload. 

The fact that you have remote access does not mean that you have to have 'access' during time off or on weekends. 

If you're working in an environment where they are unsympathetic to you feeling as though you have to work during leave then you should probably consider a change of environment. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

Lots of things today:

4) My arse. Fresh from shitting blood for a week, now it seems I have no notice for when i need to go. I just get a stabbing pain and have to go right away. Nearly shat myself in Costa Coffee earlier

Go and get yourself checked out by a doctor mate. In the meantime you'll have to refrain from being Stefan Postma-d!

• Like 1

On a day off you don't 'have' to do any work, that's ultimately your choice. If you find that you 'have' to work on during your annual leave then you really should talk to your line manager and if necessary, HR about your workload. 

The fact that you have remote access does not mean that you have to have 'access' during time off or on weekends. 

If you're working in an environment where they are unsympathetic to you feeling as though you have to work during leave then you should probably consider a change of environment. 

You are right. I don't 'have' to work on a day off but doing those few hours has saved me going in on Monday to an absolute shitstorm. It's not internal work, I'm working to deadlines for external clients. If I don't do what I need to do, I let them down and that's something I don't want to do as it has massive consequences to their businesses, both financially and reputationally.

My manager knows the department is overworked. Their manager knows as well. However, there is a freeze on taking on new people and that is decided by HQ in London. It's a big company I work for (approx 50,000 UK employees) and thousands of separate departments and every one wants more staff! 

The woman in my cul-de-sac, who thinks allocated parking doesn't apply to her and sticks her car wherever she wants, which pisses me off even more when she parks in my space, which then forces me to park elsewhere

The woman in my cul-de-sac, who thinks allocated parking doesn't apply to her and sticks her car wherever she wants, which pisses me off even more when she parks in my space, which then forces me to park elsewhere

Can you park behind and block her in. She might get the message 

Al Murray makes me want to smash a chair over his head

The comedy character or the real Al Murray?

The guy who prances around on stage with a pint of lager in his hand telling shit jokes

As with most comedy it's a character. Pretty sure his dad is an Earl or has some sort of aristocratic tie. All of which gives me an excuse to quote Stewart Lee

"That's Al Murray the Pub Landlord's audience, missing the point spectacularly and laughing through bared teeth like the dogs they are."

Al Murray makes me want to smash a chair over his head

The comedy character or the real Al Murray?

The guy who prances around on stage with a pint of lager in his hand telling shit jokes

Just checking, as you're obviously used to British humour being on here, but you understand he's a comedy character, right? No offence meant, I'm just checking, as it may not be clear to a non native. 

Edited by dAVe80

Â