Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I have hazy memories of these videos games being on cassette tapes, not sure how that would play out in terms of how much time you get spend on the games, obviously tapes have a time limit. You used have to wait for them to load though that must have left a lot of people pissed, don't know if they had football ones in those days.

Meh

There's only ONE football manager

2z6h1qw.jpg

I played that on my dads Commodore I think, is that the one where you get exactly the same team of players no matter who you manage?
Yikes now your asking but that seems about right

It was just ground breaking with its stick man match highlights :)

Arthur Albiston - First football manager legend!

I have hazy memories of these videos games being on cassette tapes, not sure how that would play out in terms of how much time you get spend on the games, obviously tapes have a time limit. You used have to wait for them to load though that must have left a lot of people pissed, don't know if they had football ones in those days.

I found out that they made a funny noise if you stick them in a stereo.

• Like 1

I found out that they made a funny noise if you stick them in a stereo.

That's what oldies hear when they listen to Radio 1.

• Like 3

You needed patience to play computer games in those days.  Some games (e.g. The Hobbit) took about 6 minutes to load via cassette.  That's if it loaded first time, which it inevitably didn't if your "tone setting" on the cassette player wasn't set exactly right.  Even once loaded, the pages took a minute each to load.

As for football games, you had the aforementioned Football Manager, but if you wanted an actual game of football, there was Match Day, which was brilliant.  What they could do with 48K of memory back then was nothing short of magnificent.

• Like 2

It was called drinking when I were a lad.

I think it's the implication that drinking before you go out is a 'new craze'.

that is so weird.

Another one to file under the "no shit Sherlock" section from the BBC.

They had a story a couple of weeks ago. Headline was:

Regular football training helps reduce obesity in men.

Next week: reports suggest bears regularly defecate in the woods

Â