Bafetimbi Gomis (Lyon)

Villan4Life

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5017905/Paul-Lambert-chasing-7mil-Baby-Drogba-to-bolster-attack.html

PAUL LAMBERT is chasing ‘Baby Drogba’ to replace Christian Benteke at Aston Villa.

Lyon strike ace Bafetimbi Gomis, 27, got his nickname due to his awesome power and presence.

And Villa boss Lambert is ready to bid £7million for the striker, who has 50 goals in 142 games for the French club.

Michael Laudrup’s Swansea, Newcastle and Premier League new-boys Cardiff have been tracking him along with Ukrainians Shakhtar Donetsk.

Gomis wants a Champions League club, but Villa will try to tempt him with an offer of around £50,000 a week.

Normally, he would command a fee of around £10m but, as he is entering the final year of his deal, Lyon may cash in now to avoid losing him for nothing next summer.

Very MEH! link for me, don't rate this chap at all and is 27!!

They don't even know that Benteke is leaving, and with Spurs nowhere near our asking price that doesnt look like happening any time soon.

At 27 he pretty much has no resale value, and we wont pay £50k a week for that! Cannot see this happening at all.

I've amended the original article to make it more accurate.

The Sun - Made up speculation to try and fill some column inches

PAUL LAMBERT is probably not chasing 'Baby Drogba’ to replace Christian Benteke at Aston Villa or might be off but isn't quite the done deal to Spurs on the cheap we keep saying it is.

Lyon strike ace Bafetimbi Gomis, 27, got his nickname due to his awesome power and presence many years ago and we've not noticed that at 27 he really isn't all that young any more so the nickname having 'baby' in it is a bit stupid but hey, it pad the speculation out a little.

And Villa boss Lambert might in some parallel universe be ready to bid £7million for the striker, who has 50 goals in 142 games for the French club. Who knows? We certainly don't as we've not called a single one of Lambert's signings since he arrived in B6 but we will keep throwing shit at a wall and hope something sticks.

Michael Laudrup’s Swansea, Newcastle and Premier League new-boys Cardiff have been tracking him along with Ukrainians Shakhtar Donetsk. So we've covered lots of bases so fingers crossed we've got it right one way or another and we can say we told you so.

Gomis wants a Champions League club, which makes this link really quite daft but to try and give it some credibility we are going to claim Villa will try to tempt him with an offer of around £50,000 a week. This despite the fact no players being signed at the club are on anything close to this these days and we've not the first idea what they would offer him, if they were interested in him, which they probably aren't. Lets just ignore the fact that £50k isn't the sort of wage that usually turns peoples heads away from the CL, oh and also please ignore the fact Lambert wants young hungry players because a player who would give up their ambitions for money doesn't sit very well with this.

Normally, he would command a fee of around £10m but, as he is entering the final year of his deal, Lyon may cash in now to avoid losing him for nothing next summer. So really, we've no idea if he is for sale or if he is for sale what price he will actually command but really we've covered everything between £1 and £10m so we should get it right.

• Like 3

Baby and 27?

Oi, stop making me feel old. I've missed the professional football boat haven't I? :(

Mate every time I kick a ball I feel like I could make it for Villa and a little fantasy builds up in my head, then I suddenly realise they stop taking on youngsters when they're dangerously close to thirty.