Nicklas Helenius

bickster

however silly Bendtner is.. I would gladly have my team pay 2mill to sign him ;)

As far as I remember his goals per. minute rate for arsenal is ridciously good..

And as a dane you never give up on Bendtner.. cause he did stuff like this on the national team

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyB9fDAKBbI

He was a big reason we ended no. 1 in the euro qualifications ahead of Portugal, and why we had some great games

in 'the Group of death' where we won 1-0 against fan favourites Holland

Edited by P3nnyw1se

- I've been told I get chances if I perform as I have shown, I can. And then I put some things on, and it gives me time. You know, I still need to grow. There is no one expects me to enter and play from the start, and I do not even. It is a development, so it felt like the right club, he says.

- Tempo-wise, I get used to the Premier League and learn how to play one or two touches when you can as the attacker. Physical must also be built, although I think I have shown that I am able to keep defenders away. But there must kilos on the body, says Helenius.

Google translate makes me laugh. He needs to put some things on? He still needs to grow? He needs to put on some kilos? This makes it sound as if we have just signed an unclothed, undernourished person of restricted growth.

• Like 2

- I've been told I get chances if I perform as I have shown, I can. And then I put some things on, and it gives me time. You know, I still need to grow. There is no one expects me to enter and play from the start, and I do not even. It is a development, so it felt like the right club, he says.

- Tempo-wise, I get used to the Premier League and learn how to play one or two touches when you can as the attacker. Physical must also be built, although I think I have shown that I am able to keep defenders away. But there must kilos on the body, says Helenius.

Google translate makes me laugh. He needs to put some things on? He still needs to grow? He needs to put on some kilos? This makes it sound as if we have just signed an unclothed, undernourished person of restricted growth.

Maybe he means Kilos of this infamous cocaine that we have to sing about?

Bendtner is by no means a top striker but he managed to play for and score for Arsenal a good number of times which not many players can say. If Wenger kept believing in him and playing him their must have been something, he just seems to have not realised that potential. If Helenius is better than Bendtner and is happy not to play every game, but wants to work hard, i am very happy to have him on board

SSN interview -

Aston Villa new boy Nicklas Helenius believes his best role is in behind a striker but insists he is prepared to be flexible.

The 22-year-old joined Villa on a three-year deal this week and has been touted as a possible replacement for in-demand striker Christian Benteke given his 6'5" stature.

But the giant Dane claims he is far more than just a centre forward and has already discussed a more expansive role with manager Paul Lambert.

"They see me playing different positions rather than just as a striker as the experts say," Helenius told Danish newspaper Bold.

"They think I'm fast enough to play on the wing and I agree. I'm also able to play in the hole behind the striker.

"Personally I've always seen myself as a player in the hole behind the striker because of my finishing ability outside the area and Villa sees me the same way, as a flexible striker.

"But my main aim is first team football and I enjoy playing any position."

im getting more and more excited about him, think we could have an absolute bargain on our hands

Good show from Lambert telling him that he needs to be able to play a couple of positions.

Though I do worry that he'll deploy him in a Bowery style when it's obvious his most effective position is elsewhere.

SSN interview -

Aston Villa new boy Nicklas Helenius believes his best role is in behind a striker but insists he is prepared to be flexible.

The 22-year-old joined Villa on a three-year deal this week and has been touted as a possible replacement for in-demand striker Christian Benteke given his 6'5" stature.

But the giant Dane claims he is far more than just a centre forward and has already discussed a more expansive role with manager Paul Lambert.

"They see me playing different positions rather than just as a striker as the experts say," Helenius told Danish newspaper Bold.

"They think I'm fast enough to play on the wing and I agree. I'm also able to play in the hole behind the striker.

"Personally I've always seen myself as a player in the hole behind the striker because of my finishing ability outside the area and Villa sees me the same way, as a flexible striker.

"But my main aim is first team football and I enjoy playing any position."

im getting more and more excited about him, think we could have an absolute bargain on our hands

If he comes in to play in the hole I wonder how we'll line up. Possibly...

-----------------------Guzan---------------------------

Lowton-------Okore-----Vlaar------Luna/Bennett

-----------Westwood-----Sylla-----------------------

Agbonlahor-------Helenius-------Weimann/Tonev

----------------------Benteke---------------------------

Subs: Siegrest, Clark, Baker, Delph, Bacuna, Luna/Bennett, Wiemann/Tonev

• Like 2

I think in some games we'll play with delph, Westwood and Sylla and other games helenius will replace one of them.

Good option to have for teams who will sit back against us and good option off the bench to change the game.

just looked and seen that last year FC Nords had a great defensive record, 3rd best in the league and finished 2nd, and AaB had a great scoring record in the league, 3rd again. Helenius being the second highest scorer in the league behind Cornelius, who isn't a bad striker himself and is also player in a team with much better players. all looks very promising

EDIT: apologies if these stats have been posted countless times before

Edited by skarroki

just looked and seen that last year FC Nords had a great defensive record, 3rd best in the league and finished 2nd, and AaB had a great scoring record in the league, 3rd again. Helenius being the second highest scorer in the league behind Cornelius, who isn't a bad striker himself and is also player in a team with much better players. all looks very promising

EDIT: apologies if these stats have been posted countless times before

Sounds stupid in theory as he is only 20, but I reckon Okore will come in and automatically be our best center back.

A little article from Tipsbladet.dk - google translate again :)

Many clubs swarmed about Nicklas Helenius, but in the end was the only Aston Villa, who commanded it, AaB would have for him. It fits the now former AaB'er excellent.

Monday 1 July starts Nicklas Helenius' adventures at Aston Villa. He comes to Birmingham with many uncertainties in the luggage. Where should I stay? Where do I play? What number should I play?

These are just some of the questions Helenius must ask himself when he goes to England for the first week to stay at a hotel before, the week after taking a training camp with his new teammates.

- It's starting to sink in now, but it's still huge that I have to play in the Premier League. Now I am looking forward to start up on Monday. I know that I need to get used to the pace and the league to start with, but by Aston Villa also good. I'll get my chance, says Nicklas Helenius to tipsbladet.dk.

For some time Dutch and German clubs raved about Nicklas Helenius. Augsburg and Eintracht Braunschweig was heat on the Dane, but in the end there was nothing to choose from for Aston Villa was the only one who saw the price AaB would have. An award is meant to reach two million pounds - some 18 million - when Helenius has played a number of matches.

- There were others in the picture, but they did not have the money AaB would have. So in that way the choice was easy. But when Aston Villa came forward on the pitch, I quickly realized that this was what I would like most. My agent and I looked at the total package and we think it looked good. There was not much to think about, says Nicklas Helenius, who therefore do not take Morten Olsen or his coach Kent Nielsen, who previously played for Aston Villa, for advice.

The 22-year-old Dane comes over to a brand new football life where competition for the front three seats primarily called Christian Benteke, Andreas Weimann and Gabriel Agbonlahor. Deep down Helenius could maybe go and hope that the big clubs get serious about the beating claws in Benteke, but if it does, he hides it well.

- I hope he gets the club. He could be a great player to play with. Aston Villa sees me also play at the site, and they know I'm the type that likes to go down and out in the field. Such a type is Benteke indeed, and it is the kind of types, they are going for. There I fit.

- We have many young players and the manager know that we need a little extra help. He is accustomed to having with young players to do and he knows what it takes. I've had some good talks with him. First, over the phone, and then we talked for an hour when I was over there. He's a **** nice guy and say things straight out, and he knows that I need some time to get used to it all. But I believe in this, and if I sometimes can get into in the beginning, I am happy, says Helenius.

Nicklas Helenius managed to play 102 matches and scoring 40 goals for AaB.

I would play him in all the cup games in the first half of the season, then loan him out for the second half of the season.

Why?

He's going to play a part this season.

So you believe he'll start games ahead of Benteke?

I think they will play together. Based on what our VT Danes have said, he doesn't play like a typical target man, and is actually pretty weak in the air despite his height. I think we might see him play in the no 10 role.

Yep. Lambert has said further up that he wants to be able to use Helanius in the Gabby and Wieman positions as well as just behind Benteke.

I think he will get games with us this season. If he performs he will stay in the side and get a run of games.

I would play him in all the cup games in the first half of the season, then loan him out for the second half of the season.

Why?

He's going to play a part this season.

So you believe he'll start games ahead of Benteke? 

doesnt mean to loan him out. that case we would have a squad of just 11 players

I just ran a season in FM13 with our squad updated, Helenius scored 20 goals and we won the FA Cup. Make of that what you will.  :o

(Also Lambert got sacked half-way through the season and Villa sold their player of the year & £11m-rated wonderkid Okore for £4m to PSG so whatever FM)

Â