Nicklas Helenius

bickster

Hmmm, sort of wish we'd gone in for Cornelius and maybe this shows us that the big money really isn't there, if he was as easily gettable as he obviously is then why would we go for Helenius ahead of him?

Hmmm, sort of wish we'd gone in for Cornelius and maybe this shows us that the big money really isn't there, if he was as easily gettable as he obviously is then why would we go for Helenius ahead of him?

Maybe lambert prefers Helenius, maybe he didn't want to spend that much on one player who may not be starter ahead of Benteke, maybe he thought other areas of the squad need more development.

I know some of the defending was shocking in that video but I can definitely see why we've taken a punt on him, Some really really good goals there. He definitely looks like a "footballer" so if he can get up to speed with the physicality of the league then we could have landed ourselves a bargain

Apparently Helenius is a tad more versatile. He'll most likely be able to play in the positions Weimann & Gabby played last season as well as either playing up front alongside Benteke or in place of him. He's also got more experience, Cornelius only has one season under his belt (granted a great one but still.)

There's also as you stated the price. £8million for Cornelius or £1.7million or whatever was the quoted price of Helenius.

• More versatile
  • More experienced
  • Less that a quarter of the price of Cornelius

Apparently Helenius is a tad more versatile. He'll most likely be able to play in the positions Weimann & Gabby played last season as well as either playing up front alongside Benteke or in place of him. He's also got more experience, Cornelius only has one season under his belt (granted a great one but still.)

There's also as you stated the price. £8million for Cornelius or £1.7million or whatever was the quoted price of Helenius.

• More versatile
  • More experienced
  • Less that a quarter of the price of Cornelius

i'd also add that the stories in the rags about helenius being benteke's replacement, gathering momentum as they try and push him towards a move to spurs, never really materialised, helenius rather slipped under the radar, I think an £8m striker wouldn't have a similar low interest

it also increases the pressure on the kid himself, helenius should benefit from being cheap, not being expected to be 1st choice etc should be given a chance to settle, Cornelius as an expensive signing and the utd links will have the weight of expectation on him

• Like 1

I'd rather have Helenius..... Lets save the money for Dennis Praet :3 Or Kiyotake.... Helenius will be a bigger hit than Cornelius anyway, smaller fee.. not going into a promoted side, not first team for us yet anyway too!

I am really looking forward to seeing what this kid can do for us. He is like a 6'5 Denis Bergkamp with pace ;)

Cmon. He's much better than that.

(But seriously, there are some very very well-taken goals in that season compilation. I'm probably most excited about this signing so far, but then I haven't seen the famous Okore v Chelsea clip yet :))

but then I haven't seen the famous Okore v Chelsea clip yet :))

What's your excuse? Go and watch it noooooowwwww

Excuse is low bandwidth for the last few weeks. Watched it now. Yeah Okore looks excellent, but not 6'5-Bergkamp-with-pace excellent :)

Think we've got a good player on our hands but would of gone ape if we signed Cornelius...

Be warned -  Don't become an astronaut BromStopdogs, because believe me, that comment might come back & bite you on the bum & make a monkey out of you if you crash land from a space capsule in 3085, :)

but then I haven't seen the famous Okore v Chelsea clip yet :))

What's your excuse? Go and watch it noooooowwwww

Excuse is low bandwidth for the last few weeks. Watched it now. Yeah Okore looks excellent, but not 6'5-Bergkamp-with-pace excellent :)

Hah. Just as well we got both then eh?

• Like 1

could imagine the uproar on here if we paid 7.5 million for a guy in Danish league. He had 1 season and only got a couple of goals more than Helenius who cost 6 million less

Â