Nicklas Helenius

bickster

Really hope we haven't seen the last of Helenius at Villa, as the Telegraph seem to be suggesting.

Haven't even got to see him properly and when we have he's looked good, pissed me off royally.

Is that even a reputable news outlet? Serious question. I would be extremely pissed if he wasn't given a legit chance at proving himself. As for the rest in that article...they can move along. <_<

They're reporting that Sylla, Tonev, Luna and Helenius will all be sold this summer with Lambert scrapping the cheap/young policy. Indicates potentially better funds I guess but I think Helenius could come good.

That's why I question the reputation of the Telegraph. Nothing Lerner has done in the past few years indicates to me a nice sum of money is coming PL's way. And it would look pretty bad on PL if he moved Helenius along. I think it's fair to acknowledge that Luna, Tonev, and Bowery aren't and may never be ready for Premiership quality opposition. However, I still have faith PL is going to give Helenius a fair chance at proving himself.

I very much doubt we'll get rid seeing that he's looked good when he's come on and this was a long-term signing.

Which begs the question as to why we haven't seen more of him

2nd part I suppose - Lambert seems to be keen to get players fully ready before they feature, to the point that he's a little too protectionist.

He's looked good and also a little bit rough around the edges. He nicked a goal, but his ball control hasn't been amazing.

Lambert probably believes he's not entirely ready yet, so we're giving him time to develop (unless we get so many injuries that he needs to play!)

So on the one hand he wasn't supposed to play much this season as he was a "long term signing", and if you believe that Telegraph article he's being shipped out in the summer?

I believe the Telegraph article, I just don't believe that they know which players are being shipped out.

Agree with that. I can see that Bowery, Sylla and maybe Luna would probably be major candidates for t' chop, but Helenius and Tonev deserve a fairer crack of the whip IMO. I'd add Steer to the list too, much rather have Given as back up whilst we're paying him a fortune, at least until Siegrist breaks through.

• Like 1

I believe the Telegraph article, I just don't believe that they know which players are being shipped out.

Agree with that. I can see that Bowery, Sylla and maybe Luna would probably be major candidates for t' chop, but Helenius and Tonev deserve a fairer crack of the whip IMO. I'd add Steer to the list too, much rather have Given as back up whilst we're paying him a fortune, at least until Siegrist breaks through.

Yes. As Helenius and Tonev are international players I think they should be ahead of Bowery in the pecking order.

Aston Villa striker Nicklas Helenius could be on his way back to his old club AaB Aalborg, his agent tells B.T. #avfc

"If we're to realise he's not getting first team football, AaB Aalborg is an interesting choice", Helenius' agent tells B.T. #avfc

Edited by Pembers

It's been frustrating he hasn't had a proper go this season as whenever he has the chance he has played well. Should definitly be getting some minutes towards the end of the season with Robinson as the rest of our fit strikers are pretty shite.

It's been frustrating he hasn't had a proper go this season as whenever he has the chance he has played well. Should definitly be getting some minutes towards the end of the season with Robinson as the rest of our fit strikers are pretty shite.

We can't really afford to do this given that we are in the middle of a relegation battle. If "Danish Football News" is to be believed then I expect he'll be shipped back to AaB on loan next season and then never be seen in a Villa shirt again. The signing of Holt was probably an indication that Lambert had decided Helenius wasn't good enough.

Edited by villa89

We can't really afford to do this given that we are in the middle of a relegation battle. If "Danish Football News" is to be believed then I expect he'll be shipped back to AaB on loan next season and then never be seen in a Villa shirt again. The signing of Holt was probably an indication that Lambert had decided Helenius wasn't good enough.

So who would you rather we play up front? Weimann, Agbonlahor and Holt?? The strikers who have got 7 league goals between them. 

He is not coming back to Aalborg. Can't see that happening. He is not ready to quit Villa, it is only if PL says that he should go. And he would not go back to Aalborg.

He want's to fight for a spot in the Villa XI. It makes no sense, that he should not be given a chance when fit. Unfortunately he has been injured for a while, but i still feel that he could be an asset for Villa. He must have developed and matured during this year - and hopefuelly PL will either give him a chance now or in the beginning of next season. From what Helenius said when he was signed, about his talks with PL, they knew he should use some time to add a level. So it seems stupid that they should ship him off, unless they are really unhappy with his progress.

Was he injured after he came on and scored in the cup? Or just not picked?

Not picked, was on the bench for every game after the Sheffield United game until the Newcastle game and didn't off the bench in any of them.

Â