Jump to content

Lets all laugh at Newcastle (again)


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Being a Newcastle fan in the last 10-15 years has probably been worse than supporting us. Look at the names that have rocked up there:

Alan Pardew

Steve McLaren

Joe Kinnear

John Carver

Steve Bruce

Sam Allardyce

Only ones missing now are Pulis and Hughes and they'll complete the prehistoric football prayer circle.

 

 

 

What an indictment of English football.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

See this is the thing, can you lumber Ashley with all the blame when they’re signing the likes of Callum Wilson on five year contracts for money he doesn’t deserve? 

he signs the cheques doesn't he? shite like joelinton was signed before bruce was even appointed too.

managers don't deal with the financial side of transfers, they draw up a list of targets and the owner/execs/sporting directors do the rest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

he signs the cheques doesn't he? shite like joelinton was signed before bruce was even appointed too.

managers don't deal with the financial side of transfers, they draw up a list of targets and the owner/execs/sporting directors do the rest.

True but it sort of goes against the media agenda that he isnt backing the manager

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

Do you think he forgot he was managing Newcastle and thought he was still with us?

He must be absolutely spitting feathers when he looks at what we're doing now. 

Probably embarrassed and bitter about it as well.

Lovely stuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sne said:

Let down by an individual mistake unfortunately :rolleyes: I do enjoy when he brings out the classics.

 "Unfortunately we have gifted them a goal and after that it was difficult. But there were large parts of it I was pleased about"

Just needs a bit of the rub of the green

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
32 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

he signs the cheques doesn't he? shite like joelinton was signed before bruce was even appointed too.

managers don't deal with the financial side of transfers, they draw up a list of targets and the owner/execs/sporting directors do the rest.

Bruce was happy enough to refer to relatively small fee Hourihane was bought for when he scored the free kick against Newcastle last season. He’s done likewise with McGinn on several occasions. 

For me, if a manager takes no blame for the cost of an expensive flop, he doesn’t receive the credit for the cost of a successful bargain. 
 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
13 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, I don't understand what happened to their high press.

After we scored the first they sort of gave up on the effort of doing it. No confidence.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, I don't understand what happened to their high press. They actually won the ball in good positions for the first 15-20 minutes, then as you say they just kind of stopped doing it when we scored. I suspect that's a mental thing as much as anything, once they were behind their shoulders slumped a bit and that was that.

This was one of the trademarks during his time with us. We pressed successfully as a team at the start of a fair few games but we never did it for more than 20 or so minutes, often not even that long.

Quickly reverted to individual pressing or dropping too deep as a team. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

nah, not keen on this. bruce stopped the rot. he was sacked at the right time and i love what deano is doing. but i harbour no ill feeling towards him, and i doubt he does towards us either

Only because Smith worked a miracle. I'd guarantee you'd feel different if we were in the championship and Jack was in a spurs shirt. 

Smith saving the club shouldn't ignore that Bruce failing nearly cost us big time. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Only because Smith worked a miracle. I'd guarantee you'd feel different if we were in the championship and Jack was in a spurs shirt. 

Smith saving the club shouldn't ignore that Bruce failing nearly cost us big time. 

i've had this debate countless times with countless people so not wishing to carry it on again; i accept my views are in the minority. but for me, where i agree to disagree with people, is that you say bruce failed with us. i disagree there. he was 90 mins away from promoting us

and no, if smith hadn't worked his miracle, i still wouldn't blame bruce.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i've had this debate countless times with countless people so not wishing to carry it on again; i accept my views are in the minority. but for me, where i agree to disagree with people, is that you say bruce failed with us. i disagree there. he was 90 mins away from promoting us

and no, if smith hadn't worked his miracle, i still wouldn't blame bruce.

Coming 90 minutes away from promoting us is like constantly hitting the post, the history books wont remember it. Only the people who watched it will. I watched it and it was **** dreadful. We rolled over in that play off final.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, slowandlow said:

Losing in the playoffs with the squad at his disposal was a failure of a season

getting to the playoffs was failure

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â