Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't either.

But he DEFINITELY won't come her when we're a Championship club. So if he leaves Newcastle this month he'll be more than likely unavailable by the Summer, when we'll hopefully be a Premier League club and have a small chance of attracting him.

But yeah I agree, I think the chances of him coming here, even if we do make it to the Prem, are incredibly slim.

Yeah that's a valid point. I think if Newcastle start losing games he will quit as he won't want to have two delegations on his cv.

Cant believe Ashley is still there would have thought he would have jumped at the chance to get rid.

I agree with you Stevo, but I also think the chances of him walking away mid-contract are slim too. Its a crazy amount of money to give up (unless his agent has been quietly lining up his next move in the background).

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

This is good news. Hopefully swap leagues then I would get Rafa in as our manager 

He'll have two relegations in the last 3 years on his CV by then.

EDIT - saw that you'd mentioned that in another post.

My business partner is a Newcastle season ticket holder, and he's not happy with the football they've played at all this season.  Even though there hasn't been much to spend, he's signed some absolute crap like Joselu and the full back who failed at Sunderland.

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

I'm still a bit baffled by Rafa to Newcastle, its very much an outlier when you look at his CV. it must be a combination of massive wages and desperation to get back to England & English football.

His family live in Liverpool and are quite settled there by all accounts. I'm sure managing Newcastle suits him and his family life. Also it enhances his reputation as even if he fails nobody will blame him due to the ownership. He's a good defensive coach but isn't anywhere near as good as his reputation/clubs he's managed suggests IMO.

• Like 1

I think it's bartering from Ashley, personally.  He's just looking to get a better deal - he won't risk (IMO) losing £150m or so on the value of the club if they get relegated.

Shame for the fans, though.

Reading that Newcastle want to extend Rafa's contract and he is telling them he will after January. Clever move on Rafa's part.

Another put up or shut up for Ashley to get transfers in.

You have to wonder if Ashley is willing to gamble.

January is an interesting month for this lot in so many ways.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

• 6 months later...

Apparently Jorginho played more passes that the entire Newcastle team, and had only 2% less possession than them :D

But this is how Newcastle play the big teams. I respect it. It means they'll pick up the odd point as a bonus, and when they lose they rarely get hammered, keeping their goal difference decent, which could be important.

It's really clever from Benitez. 

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Apparently Jorginho played more passes that the entire Newcastle team, and had only 2% less possession than them :D

But this is how Newcastle play the big teams. I respect it. It means they'll pick up the odd point as a bonus, and when they lose they rarely get hammered, keeping their goal difference decent, which could be important.

It's really clever from Benitez. 

We could do with a manager with a safety first approach ? 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

We could do with a manager with a safety first approach ? 

I mean you joke, but it does make me laugh when people are desperate to get Benitez in to replace Bruce because the football would be better.

Don't get me wrong, I would 100% have Benitez here (not that I think he would come)

But the people thinking the football would be scintillating if we got promoted must not watch any Newcastle games.

• Like 2

Â