Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Almirón has played in most of their games this season, they will probably sell him in the summer as will get a decent fee, but he will need to be replaced, not sure if there will be scope to replace both him and Murphy who is basically his understudy, in ideal world they would probably replace Murphy and keep Almirón as backup, but Almirón will fetch a bigger fee

I think they will look to sell the likes of Almirón Wilson, Dummett, Targett, Dubravka, Fraser, Lewis, and possibly Longstaff or Joelinton to raise some money

I'd be surprised if they sold either of Isak or Guimarães, surely their owners will want to save face by not losing either of their two big stars, if they do so before they've even achieved anything doesn't say much for the idea that they're planning on being some giant force in the game, when you look at Newcastle squad it doesn't have much star quality other than those names

Just now, bobzy said:

I agree - but I don't think either Newcastle or us are about to sell of two of our respective star players.  One might "need" to go, but surely not more than that.  And given the relative ease in replacing Guimaraes rather than Isak (plus the aforementioned monetary aspect) I'd assume they plan on keeping the latter moreso than the former.

Apparently they may have to. 

I believe we are in a better position currently but we will also make sales. Though not 2 star players I'm sure.

54 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I agree - but I don't think either Newcastle or us are about to sell of two of our respective star players.  One might "need" to go, but surely not more than that.  And given the relative ease in replacing Guimaraes rather than Isak (plus the aforementioned monetary aspect) I'd assume they plan on keeping the latter moreso than the former.

Everything I've read and heard from Newcastle fans and media suggests you're right, and the club want to keep Isak and are open to selling Guimaraes. 

43 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Everything I've read and heard from Newcastle fans and media suggests you're right, and the club want to keep Isak and are open to selling Guimaraes. 

They aren't going to say they are willing to sell Isak as it will effect the value. Guinaraes is different as I am quite sure he is going to a certain club and that that deal is quite far down the line already. 

We shall see, but one thing is certain, PIF didn't expect to be in this position when they bought the club. The one positive of the Man City debacle is that it has shone a huge light on PL finances and Newcastle have to play by the rules. 

That may not have been the case without the Man City situation.

Edited by GlobalVillan

They probably thought the Howe 'vibes' would carry them to the champs league semi or something. Instead they realised the champs league is a different kettle of fish to beating Forest at home using 1D tactics and running your squad into the ground

Edited by VillaJ100

15 hours ago, Django_Zooms said:

Whatever your opinion of them, may they thrash Spurs this Saturday lunchtime.

It feels so dirty… yet so right 😱

• Like 1

23 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Joelinton might well be off in the summer too it seems. They need someone not called Howe to oversee the rebuild. 

Apparently close to agreeing a new four year deal.

Almiron's been there five and a half years now so think they'll just cash in on him like they did with ASM as you'd assume Barnes and Gordon will be their regulars next season in the wide areas.

Think they might offer Willock around a few teams, likes of Fulham, Leeds and Palace would all be interested I'd think, maybe Leicester aswell.

16 hours ago, Django_Zooms said:

Whatever your opinion of them, may they thrash Spurs this Saturday lunchtime.

A draw is o.k really. Keeps us well in touch whatever we do at Arsenal.

Spurs win and it's a big uphill struggle.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Glad that they won today. They have a very easy run, they could be up near us come the end of the season.

Maybe but they can only possibly get another 18 points max, two more wins v palace and Bournemouth and we're completely clear.

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

Maybe but they can only possibly get another 18 points max, two more wins v palace and Bournemouth and we're completely clear.

Wouldn’t that only put us 16 clear? 

I assume there's no release clause in the Isak deal he signed?

He's someone who needs to be playing CL every season given his talent and output.

You put him in the Arsenal team and they win the league. Even more so given he played with Odegaard for a year at Real Sociedad so already have that connection.

That would derail Newcastle losing him as Wilson is constantly injured now and someone they'll look to move on in the summer.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Wouldn’t that only put us 16 clear? 

Yeah but to be honest if Newcastle win all their remaining games and we can't put together enough to be safe they'll deserve it.

Edited by VillaJ100

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Glad that they won today. They have a very easy run, they could be up near us come the end of the season.

They have 14pts from 15 away games this season

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

They have 14pts from 15 away games this season

Bet that was all teams at the bottom as well.

Â