Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

I don't expect to see a new proposal coming and yes as clubs like Villa and Newcastle get bought my mega wealthy owners willing to invest in the club the current top 4/5 will lose out in some way. But there are also opportunities for them as clubs like Villa and Toon improve. We can improve the overall quality of the PL and make it more attractive and able to command more broadcasting fees.

Agree. The prem has never been more powerful - we are well positioned in a league that in the next few years will make mental TV money. I see the NUFC deal as good all round (well apart from the murdering regime). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

The only positive in this for us is that it's not the mobs either side of Birmingham. Kick in the teeth for Villa.. well the whole premier league really... Liverpool winning the title and now these b******s becoming mega rich and more than likely on their way to greatness all within 2 or 3 years of each other 🤦🏻‍♂️

That's nonsense

My favourite reaction to this is the Spurs fanbase.

#Levyout is currently trending

Apparently ENIC are the leeches at their club that they need to remove, just like Newcastle have with Ashley.

Is it worth mentioning to them that this is as successful as they've ever been?

Very simplistic view.

Man City have a squad worth 1 billion pounds. 

Which is 1/20th of the Citeh owners wealth. 

If Newcastle spent 1/20th of their wealth that squad could be 16 billion....

We were hoping to crash the party but I could put good money on them being higher than us in the league within 5 years. 2-3 years if they stay up in the league. 

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I am not sure why people are so concerned about PIF having a value of 300Bn. It can't all be used for the Toon and there is effectively **** all difference between having 10 Bn and 300 Bn.  

Totally get that Peter but the assumption that they can use it in the medias eyes will concentrate attention on them and therefore the wider football world. There is also the issue of sponsorship. If they decide to sponsor the shirt with Visit Saudi Ariabia then that would be worth what exactly ?  Probably a bit more than Cazoo i guess.  

1 minute ago, Lord Willard said:

Also if you think FFP will "stop them", give your head a wobble, these people can literally do what they want. 

Spot on… In fact, this COULD be the stepping off point to scrap FFP altogether allowing a free-for-all of clubs just going apeshit spending money they can’t afford and going out of business when their rich benefactors get bored…

Â