Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

Totally get that Peter but the assumption that they can use it in the medias eyes will concentrate attention on them and therefore the wider football world. There is also the issue of sponsorship. If they decide to sponsor the shirt with Visit Saudi Ariabia then that would be worth what exactly ?  Probably a bit more than Cazoo i guess.  

The sponsorship loophole has been closed. You are not allowed to sponsor the club for sponsorship rates above market value. This was not the case when Etihad sponsored the Commonwealth Games stadium for 400m

• Like 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

It's not just football chap. They own half of London for a start.

I meant the whole “I don’t care who it is that owns Villa as long as they’re filthy rich” part. 

• Like 4

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

The sponsorship loophole has been closed. You are not allowed to sponsor the club for sponsorship rates above market value. This was not the case when Etihad sponsored the Commonwealth Games stadium for 400m

Thats good news. However whats market value for a country ? Is it as much as the biggest shirt sponsorship that is currently in play ? 

8 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

All thats missing now is Kim Jong-un putting in a bid for Sunderland

If there's one thing I've learned today, it's that a certain subset of fans would cheer on their club being taken over by the Taliban as long as they promised loads of money.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Thats good news. However whats market value for a country ? Is it as much as the biggest shirt sponsorship that is currently in play ? 

The value of the sponsorship must be comparable to what other clubs of similar size / success / marketability could command. Yeah, they can probably squeeze this to the limit but they can't take the piss with some silly deal to pump money into the club. 

Another good thing is that the loophole to sell the stadium to yourself has been closed. We were the last club to exploit this I believe 😀. I am sure The SportsDirect Arena would command a very large sale price. City centre and huge stadium. They could probably sell that to themselves for 100m. Taking into account amortisation, a 100m profit would let u spend about 400m on players

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

They are going to have to find new ways to pump the money into the club ala Citeh but I'm sure they will find plenty of ways to do that.... 

A bit like Villa. Very handy having Purslow as CEO. When we breached FFP in the Championship he used the loophole to sell Villa Park to an NSWE company to save us. Most other clubs in the Championship call that cheating as we breached FFP to get promoted but the good old claret & blue tinted glasses see it otherwise and its only other clubs that bend the rules.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I'd be quite the twist if they got relegated this season.

It would only mean a delay of a few years before they are competing in the PL for top half. Amanda S was very clear today saying they are patient. They won't want relegation but it will not be the end of the world for them. Saying that, I can't see them going down

• Like 1

At least it’ll be someone different getting in on the “big six”. Man Utd, Arsenal, Tottenham, may go into complete panic mode if Newcastle start poaching some of their top players and take over their position in the league. Quite amusing actually if they slap £100m on the table for Kane in January without blinking. They love a number 9 up there!

As long as they don’t try and poach some of our best first team players, Martinez, Konsa, Bailey etc or they try and nab some of our top youngsters? Then it won’t be amusing anymore.

Edited by ferguson1

Just now, ferguson1 said:

At least it’ll be someone different getting in on the “big six”. Man Utd, Arsenal, Tottenham, may go into complete panic mode if Newcastle start poaching some of their top players and take over their position in the league. Quite amusing actually if they slap £100m on the table for Kane in January without blinking. They love a number 9 up there!

As long as they don’t try and poach some of best first team players, Martinez, Konsa, Bailey etc or they try and nab some of our top youngsters? Then it be amusing anymore.

Let them come and poach Martinez, Konsa, Bailey and whoever else they want. We would command absolute top dollar for them and we can reinvest and get more great players as we will have more funds for spending. The more players we sell at a huge profit the better for Villa. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Newcastle are a pawn in ME politics with the World Cup next year. Don’t overestimate how their interest will wane if a new shinier PR tool is available. 

Guarantee you a world cup will be in Saudi Arabia within 16 years. 

7 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

A bit like Villa. Very handy having Purslow as CEO. When we breached FFP in the Championship he used the loophole to sell Villa Park to an NSWE company to save us. Most other clubs in the Championship call that cheating as we breached FFP to get promoted but the good old claret & blue tinted glasses see it otherwise and its only other clubs that bend the rules.

I agree, weve been at it and probably still in other ways! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

Let them come and poach Martinez, Konsa, Bailey and whoever else they want. We would command absolute top dollar for them and we can reinvest and get more great players as we will have more funds for spending. The more players we sell at a huge profit the better for Villa. 

Let them buy our overinflated players for us to then buy someone else's overinflated player? 

The PL is going to go into hyperinflation now with salaries and transfer fees 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Let them buy our overinflated players for us to then buy someone else's overinflated player? 

The PL is going to go into hyperinflation now with salaries and transfer fees 

Very good point 

A good youth system will be vital now. 

Edited by pas5898

3 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Guarantee you a world cup will be in Saudi Arabia within 16 years. 

No chance. 2022 is Qatar, 2026 is Canada, US & Mexico. It will then be in Europe, Asia and Sth America before it can go to ME again. Also, there is likelihood it will be in Africa in the next 16 to 20 years too. 

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Their fans will be horrendously annoying, but they already are anyway. I get the feeling that Spurs and Arsenal fans will be most butt hurt by this takeover.

Sunderland fans won't be throwing too many parties. That is the end of that rivalry between two very big clubs. They now work in different stratospheres. A bit like us and our poor neighbours 😂 

Â