Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

We've now lost fewer games this season than Newcastle :blink:

Doesn't surprise me. They've lost quite a few this season, they've just also won a shitload. Only reason we're not a lot nearer to them is because of all those draws under RDM which we really should've won.

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

Doesn't surprise me. They've lost quite a few this season, they've just also won a shitload. Only reason we're not a lot nearer to them is because of all those draws under RDM which we really should've won.

If it wasn't for that cretin I think we would be top 4 by now

Newcastle have played a lot of the top half teams at home so at least they have a few tough away games 2nd half of the season at Brighton, Reading, Huddersfield, Sheff Weds and Norwich who will be under new management by then.

Even if they drop another 30 points they'll finish on 88 points so I don't think it's realistic we'll catch them.

29 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Newcastle have played a lot of the top half teams at home so at least they have a few tough away games 2nd half of the season at Brighton, Reading, Huddersfield, Sheff Weds and Norwich who will be under new management by then.

Even if they drop another 30 points they'll finish on 88 points so I don't think it's realistic we'll catch them.

88 points?! 

3 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

88 points?! 

They've dropped 20 points so far this season so they're on course for 118 points if they win every single game left which of course they won't do but yeah even if they drop another 30 points this season they'll still finish on 88 points which will probably be just enough for automatic promotion.

A few on the other thread said if we continue the points per games under Bruce we'd finish on 80 points so just shows you how remote a chance that is.

Championship is a funny league....you can lose 11 games and still get 100 + points if you barely draw a game like Newcastle have. We failed at that in the first 3 months and that continues to be our handicap.

24 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I thought they were outplayed yesterday. Wednesday got their game plan spot on.

Sheff Weds have a really good team back to front. I actually thought they'd challenge for auto promotion but had a really poor run after beating us on the opening weekend.

I fully expect them and Derby to be in the top 6. Hopefully we'll be there and then one of Leeds/Reading/Huddersfield.

2 hours ago, ChrisVillan said:

Yeah, you said. 

Just annoys me that everyone is blowing up Newscastles achievements so far this season, and not Brighton's who are the better team. 

I think Newcastle will struggle to get 88 points, and so will Brighton and come the end of the season Villa will be a lot closer to both Newcastle and Brighton then we think currently. Such a long season and it's going to twist and turn, personally for me, the wheels are going to fall off the Newcastle promotion push and they might even have to be content with a playoff spot. 

Â