Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

1 hour ago, Craigy1874 said:

I went to Newcastle v Ipswich recently as my bro is a fan.

It pained me but Ciaran Clark strolled through the game, didn't put a foot wrong.

Was vocal, commanding and very very good.

I think the move has done him wonders.

And why wouldn't it?

He's had the misfortune of being a part of (and yes, contributing to) the worst villa side for a long time spread over a 5-6 year period.

Given the culture and apathy surrounding the club during this period it's testament to how good a player Benteke is/was that he managed to look good.

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

A good player he was, solid he wasn't.

The guy could injure himself on a frickin bouncy castle surrounded by feather pillows ;)

Solid defender.  Liquid knees.

• 2 weeks later...

this is why we never should have signed Gayle no matter how many goals he gets

Newcastle United star Dwight Gayle reportedly lost his front teeth when he was punched unconscious on a night out.

The 26-year-old was with a group celebrating teammate Jam­a­al Lascelles’ 23rd birthday when he was attacked, according to The Sun.

They had reportedly visited several bars and clubs in Liverpool when one of the party took exception to Gayle discussing his £35,000-a-week earnings.

It is alleged the man hit the former Crystal Palace striker twice in the face, causing him to loose four teeth.

A source told The Sun: “The night had started fine, but the champagne was flowing and things got out of hand.

“One lad took exception to Dwight talking about his pay and took a swing at him. It was a real shock.”

Merseyside Police said they were called to a report of two men fighting at 4am on Sunday but arrived to find no one there.

The source added: “Everyone was in shock. Dwight was texting people the next day saying he’d lost four teeth. He was really angry.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-united-striker-dwight-gayle-12200465

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hats off to Newcastle. For me deserved champions if they continue like this. Rafas doing a remarkable job there. I can see a big club coming in for him soon then they may return to mediocrity 

If money is available for him next season he will stay. Newcastle are a big club. If he's expected to run the team on a shoe string then he will be off.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Hats off to Newcastle. For me deserved champions if they continue like this. Rafas doing a remarkable job there. I can see a big club coming in for him soon then they may return to mediocrity 

I wouldn't go as far as remarkable.

With the quality of squad Newcastle are easily the best team in this division.

If he can get them top 10 in the prem next season and also win a cup that will be remarkable.

17 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I wouldn't go as far as remarkable.

With the quality of squad Newcastle are easily the best team in this division.

If he can get them top 10 in the prem next season and also win a cup that will be remarkable.

If anyone ever wins them a cup they will erect a gold statue of that particular person. Class manager is Rafa. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not a good couple of days for newcastle, Losing at home to Blackburn on Saturday to end their 9 game winning run, Colback fined for gambling on games & going out on pens to 10 man Hull tonight with both Shelvey & Gayle missing pens.

Not quite time to get the tissues out yet but hopefully this will knock their confidence a bit and they are away at Forest who have had back to back away wins scoring 7 in the process on Friday night.

16 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Not a good couple of days for newcastle, Losing at home to Blackburn on Saturday to end their 9 game winning run, Colback fined for gambling on games & going out on pens to 10 man Hull tonight with both Shelvey & Gayle missing pens.

Not quite time to get the tissues out yet but hopefully this will knock their confidence a bit and they are away at Forest who have had back to back away wins scoring 7 in the process on Friday night.

We need Newcastle to beat Forest, (and every other team) imo. They will be going up without a shadow of a doubt and any points picked up against them by our rivals can only be a bad thing for us.

There isn't a cat in hells chance that they will finish out of the top 2.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sne said:

Rumors that Wet Spam wan't Benitez to replace Bilic should they sack him.

Only speculation, but that surely would be bad news for Newcastle, and possibly good news for us.

Rafa won't be leaving Newcastle now. If he was going to leave, he would have done so in the summer. Why would he leave when he knows he is going to be back in the Premier League next season? Especially when he will become a club legend for staying with them amd bringing them straight back up. 

I predict a mid table finish for them in the Prem next season. Maybe then he would consider leaving.  But certainly not before. And DEFINITELY not for West Ham.

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 1

Â