Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

To be fair if Rafa did that job here we would want a  statue outside villa park of him! doing a great job 

Narrowly top of the 2nd division with the best squad in the league warrants a statue now?

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Newcastle have the best squad in the league, any half decent manager would get them straight back up IMO.

There is pros and cons to both. Benitez is basically a good at Newcastle. He is completely in charge of transfers, and Ashley has really deep pockets, so when Newcastle get promoted, Benitez will likely be given loads to strengthen. West Ham also have a lot to spend, with a decent squad. West Ham are clearly a club that should be higher than they are, so all Benitez would have to do is get them around top 10 to be considered a success. 

IMO, stay at newcastle. He is getting paid well, knows he is loved by the fans, players, and owner, and the pressure will likely be less at Newcastle. 

14 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

There is pros and cons to both. Benitez is basically a good at Newcastle. He is completely in charge of transfers, and Ashley has really deep pockets, so when Newcastle get promoted, Benitez will likely be given loads to strengthen. West Ham also have a lot to spend, with a decent squad. West Ham are clearly a club that should be higher than they are, so all Benitez would have to do is get them around top 10 to be considered a success. 

IMO, stay at newcastle. He is getting paid well, knows he is loved by the fans, players, and owner, and the pressure will likely be less at Newcastle. 

Ashley won't be putting a penny into Newcastle once they get promoted.

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Ashley won't be putting a penny into Newcastle once they get promoted.

I really doubt that. There is so much money to be made just with staying in the prem. Plus when Benitez took over, he was promised a lot to strengthen his squad. 

24 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I really doubt that. There is so much money to be made just with staying in the prem. Plus when Benitez took over, he was promised a lot to strengthen his squad. 

There is a lot more to be made staying in the Prem without putting your hand in your own pocket. Aside from when Ashley first took over and cleared the debts he has barely put a penny into that club, They didn't make a permanent signing for about 2 years? Even with impending relegation they lived within their means and just spent the money the club had ( aren't Newcastle one of the 20th "richest" clubs in the world?)

Ashley is not in this for the glory, it's a cash cow, a sports direct sponsoring tool.

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Narrowly top of the 2nd division with the best squad in the league warrants a statue now?

Considering finishing with a miserable 17 points and one of the first worst teams in premier league history, I think that would be god like status if we were Newcastle currently are in the table

Anyone would think they are Barcelona. Let me add to this they are 1 point ahead of Brighton so they are not running away with it. It would take a disaster for them to not go up imo but stranger things have happened. It will be back to reality in the prem. Anyone watch them struggle against one of the worst teams in the prem hull city? With that team they have now it would be floating around the bottom 6 in the prem. Stop the hype.

47 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Anyone would think they are Barcelona. Let me add to this they are 1 point ahead of Brighton so they are not running away with it. It would take a disaster for them to not go up imo but stranger things have happened. It will be back to reality in the prem. Anyone watch them struggle against one of the worst teams in the prem hull city? With that team they have now it would be floating around the bottom 6 in the prem. Stop the hype.

If they would be bottom 6 what would we be then?!

i think people just hiving them the credit they deserve. Been very impressive this season.

13 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

To be fair if Rafa did that job here we would want a  statue outside villa park of him! doing a great job 

When are you chiselling the MON one.....

I'd be interested to see how many points SB has picked up compared to Rafa since mid October...don't think they'd be a lot in it.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

They've won a few games though so they're the best team in the World with the best manager in the world. Just like Bilic a few months ago. 

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

There is a lot more to be made staying in the Prem without putting your hand in your own pocket. Aside from when Ashley first took over and cleared the debts he has barely put a penny into that club, They didn't make a permanent signing for about 2 years? Even with impending relegation they lived within their means and just spent the money the club had ( aren't Newcastle one of the 20th "richest" clubs in the world?)

Ashley is not in this for the glory, it's a cash cow, a sports direct sponsoring tool.

Didn't they spend a decent amount over the last year....Ritchie, Wjandulum, Andros Townsend and Shelvey all cost 10m + didn't they? Florent Thuvain cost a decent amount aswell.

20 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Didn't they spend a decent amount over the last year....Ritchie, Wjandulum, Andros Townsend and Shelvey all cost 10m + didn't they? Florent Thuvain cost a decent amount aswell.

They have a huge turnover. The club makes that money.

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

If they would be bottom 6 what would we be then?!

i think people just hiving them the credit they deserve. Been very impressive this season.

We would struggle too. I like Rafa dint get me wrong but let's see how they do in the big boys league.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newcastle striker Dwight Gayle said Saiss held up an imaginary card to the referee relating to the Anita incident which annoyed him.
  • Between them, all three Wolves players said they heard Shelvey make reference to "Arab", "Arabic" and "Moroccan" in comments made to Saiss, as well as using expletives.
  • Shelvey said his comments - which he claimed did not include reference to origin or race but did refer to "smelly breath" - were a reaction to hearing a reference to his bald head, caused by childhood Alopecia.
  • The player, who joined Newcastle from Swansea in January 2016, also admitted in interview that he had referred to defender Iorfa as a "peasant" and made boastful comments relating to salary, described as "cashing off" another player.
  • Shelvey said the above exchange related to abusive comments from Iorfa, who rejected he had made those comments and had confronted Shelvey about what he had said to Saiss.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38420268

I am shocked. I thought he would have been such a stand up guy too.

Edited by rodders0223

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

I am shocked. I thought he would have been such a stand up guy too.

Is it just me that thinks that this has gone under the radar a little bit?

I think back to previous racism case's and the press were all over them for weeks (and rightly so), this seems to have barely got mention. The ban also seems pretty lenient imo.

It's called playing in the championship.

I think Shelvey's a talented player but he dosen't seem the most hinged person. It was these moments that cost him his careers at Liverpool and Swansea, probably a difficult person to work with on the training ground everyday.

15 hours ago, av1 said:

Is it just me that thinks that this has gone under the radar a little bit?

I think back to previous racism case's and the press were all over them for weeks (and rightly so), this seems to have barely got mention. The ban also seems pretty lenient imo.

I think the reaction and ban would have been greater had it happened in the PL and had the other party been black. I think he got off lightly.

• Like 1

Â