Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

12 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I still don't rate Gayle.

I rate their midfield, I rate their manager. Perhaps if we had those things we might score some goals.

Either way I'd still rather the players we signed over Gayle.

Not if he scores the goals that gets them promoted i wouldnt unfortunately, gayles going to score more goals than all i strikers i predict 

13 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I still don't rate Gayle.

I rate their midfield, I rate their manager. Perhaps if we had those things we might score some goals.

Either way I'd still rather the players we signed over Gayle.

End of the day he's scoring the goals and will comfortably get to 20 as long as he stays fit.

Some of our signings have looked good in cameos but I really hope this won't be like last summer when we were proclaiming a great transfer window and it blew up in our faces.

9 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

A good mate of mine is a Newcastle fan, and he texted me last night. He didn't say naff all at first about winning a thrilling game or anything like that. I knew they was playing, but I weren't following how they were getting on. Anyway he text me and said ' 48k at the toon tonight' my reply was ' well done, how you get on' then he went on to tell me they stole 2 goals in injury time. I mean really. 

48k is still 4 thousand empty seats isn't it....

So equivilant of us getting 35k which we more or less got v Rotherham and Huddersfield....

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

So equivilant of us getting 35k which we more or less got v Rotherham and Huddersfield....

Yet they are winning games and we are not. Imagine if the roles were reversed abet they would have smaller crowds then what we have seen

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Yet they are winning games and we are not. Imagine if the roles were reversed abet they would have smaller crowds then what we have seen

thats really not true though is it, they havent been winning last few seasons and still got good crowds

48k for a midweek game in 2nd tier while clashing with Champions League games is very impressive

29 minutes ago, Zatman said:

thats really not true though is it, they havent been winning last few seasons and still got good crowds

48k for a midweek game in 2nd tier while clashing with Champions League games is very impressive

A massive difference of winning two games all season last year and only one win this year, compare that to new castles victories and you will find the records are completely different. 

If Newcastle United had three victories (two at home) for the last two seasons they would not be averaging such high crowds in my opinion

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Only equivalent because we've closed a stand ;) Us getting 35k is actually 7.5k empty seats if we are being honest. Still a very good number for the Championship mind.

Considering football fans in Newcastle have no where else to go I would say "48k so what" anywhere else in the country and it is a big deal yes!

Can see why they love the fact they have a big following though, all of us football fans love to say our club has the best fans...

All it says to me is that for a club with such resources/support one trophy in 60 years make them possibly the worst I can think of to actually follow....How many times have they been let down on the pitch? Imagine the last 5 seasons at Villa then multiply the pain by 12.......

37 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

Considering football fans in Newcastle have no where else to go I would say "48k so what" anywhere else in the country and it is a big deal yes!

Can see why they love the fact they have a big following though, all of us football fans love to say our club has the best fans...

All it says to me is that for a club with such resources/support one trophy in 60 years make them possibly the worst I can think of to actually follow....How many times have they been let down on the pitch? Imagine the last 5 seasons at Villa then multiply the pain by 12.......

...which probably makes it all the more remarkable that they average 50k/game a season?

Edited by bobzy

16 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Newcastle non-Saturday games at home this season:

Reading - Wed 17th August, 48,209 att.

Norwich - Wed 28th September, 48,236 att.

Villa non-Saturday games at home this season:

Huddersfield - Tuesday 16th August, 34,924 att.

Forest - Sunday 11th September, 30,619 att.

Brentford - Wednesday 14th September, 29,752 att.

Not really the same...

24 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Still struggle to comprehend why it is important what attendances they get or why, who cares? They are what they are.

But surely the whole point of the sport of football is to have more people watch your team than watch the other team - that's how you can tell who is the bestest ever? Yeah silverware is all well and good, n'that, but y'know, really, who remembers cup wins and league wins? it's all about seats, surely.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MarkLillis said:

How many times have they been let down on the pitch? Imagine the last 5 seasons at Villa then multiply the pain by 12.......

Nothing is worse than the last 5 years at Villa, apart from clubs that have gone bankrupt.

We must have the lowest win percentage of the 92 over the last 5 years.

• Like 1

Gayle has 7 goals in 8 matches so far. 

Gestede has 3 goals in 8 league appearances

Kodjia has 1 goal in 9 appearances

McCormack has 2 in 7 appearances

Ayew has 1 goal in 10 matches

Our strikers combined cost £37m and only have 7 goals between all of them. Gayle cost £12m and has as many goals as all our strikers. At the moment, it seems like we missed out. I don't care if Gayle misses a lot of chances because all our strikers have missed numerous chances. Ayew's conversation rate this season is about 5%. 

3 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Gayle has 7 goals in 8 matches so far. 

Gestede has 3 goals in 8 league appearances

Kodjia has 1 goal in 9 appearances

McCormack has 2 in 7 appearances

Ayew has 1 goal in 10 matches

Our strikers combined cost £37m and only have 7 goals between all of them. Gayle cost £12m and has as many goals as all our strikers. At the moment, it seems like we missed out. I don't care if Gayle misses a lot of chances because all our strikers have missed numerous chances. Ayew's conversation rate this season is about 5%. 

My point exactly.i knew he would.be good at this level. Hopefully kodjia will.start scoring more goals soon

4 hours ago, blandy said:

But surely the whole point of the sport of football is to have more people watch your team than watch the other team - that's how you can tell who is the bestest ever? Yeah silverware is all well and good, n'that, but y'know, really, who remembers cup wins and league wins? it's all about seats, surely.

its all about using the measuring stick that you know your club will do well with

newcastle fans will bang that drum as loud and as long as possible, the fact that the other 30 odd measuring sticks they could use would make them entirely average and therefore dont is neither here nor there to them

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It's like Leeds with their away support, it's the only thing they have left to shout about.

It's more than we have to shout about. It's getting a bit silly going on about some trophies decades ago.

Edited by Davkaus

8 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Still struggle to comprehend why it is important what attendances they get or why, who cares? They are what they are.

I thought in Championship you get extra points for attendances :o

• Like 2

Â