Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

13 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I would say it’s more likely the league table just balancing itself out. They really don’t have the squad to finish top 6. Player for player they aren’t much better than us, if we took Botman and Trippier we would probably be competing for top 6.

Yup mentioned it a few pages back that they were hugely punching above their weight. Their squad really isn't that good on paper even though the media would have you believe differently. 

• Like 3

I see they are having another green & white "Saudi" away shirt again next season, that can't help but add flames to the fire concerning the PL's claim that they had been given "legally binding assurance that the state would not be in charge of the club", when they approved the Saudi takeover. Their sleeve sponsor is Noon (a Middle East online shopping marketplace with its HQ in Riyadh), Saudia is their official airline partner and who will be their new shirt sponsor and for how much, I wonder....:rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, John said:

I see they are having another green & white "Saudi" away shirt again next season, that can't help but add flames to the fire concerning the PL's claim that they had been given "legally binding assurance that the state would not be in charge of the club", when they approved the Saudi takeover. Their sleeve sponsor is Noon (a Middle East online shopping marketplace with its HQ in Riyadh), Saudia is their official airline partner and who will be their new shirt sponsor and for how much, I wonder....:rolleyes:

just look at your avatar and whisper 'one hundred billion dollars'. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

The rhetoric and narrative around this club in the media is really starting to annoy me.

Sky are talking about them at every opportunity and this morning Talksport were discussing potential interest in Bruno Guimarães from Real Madrid. The theory was of course they can fend off interest and so they should. In what planet are Newcastlearabia in the same conversation as Real Madrid. 

This club and Man City are stains on the game, i'm almost certain media has been corrupted, bribed in some fashion to 'whitewash' history and further promote them!

It is a distinct possibility they do not qualify for Europe this season and I hope that happens; their form has dropped off. Brighton have two games this week, if they win them both they knock them out of the top six.

Whilst I agree about Newcastle and Man City, the planet which they are in "the same conversation" as Real Madrid is the one where Real are ALSO a stain on the game and have cheated football pretty much since their inception.

• Like 4

This club and Man City are stains on the game

100% - yet media commentators are happy to think it's all above board and worthy of their focus. I think it's either denial, or just playing to the whistle - treating them as the powerhouses of the game, until they are found guilty of cheating. The only way to change this is for the likes of Villa to make some big strides next season, and for the likes of Arsenal to see it through this season - and I hope/think there is a good chance of that. 

• Like 1

The rhetoric and narrative around this club in the media is really starting to annoy me.

Sky are talking about them at every opportunity and this morning Talksport were discussing potential interest in Bruno Guimarães from Real Madrid. The theory was of course they can fend off interest and so they should. In what planet are Newcastlearabia in the same conversation as Real Madrid. 

This club and Man City are stains on the game, i'm almost certain media has been corrupted, bribed in some fashion to 'whitewash' history and further promote them!

It is a distinct possibility they do not qualify for Europe this season and I hope that happens; their form has dropped off. Brighton have two games this week, if they win them both they knock them out of the top six.

Skid marks is a more apt description

26 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Whilst I agree about Newcastle and Man City, the planet which they are in "the same conversation" as Real Madrid is the one where Real are ALSO a stain on the game and have cheated football pretty much since their inception.

That is true, Galacticos and all that...

However to be fair Real Madrid were European powerhouses before all that too.

That is true, Galacticos and all that...

However to be fair Real Madrid were European powerhouses before all that too.

They were but they have always cheated the rules with the backing of the establishment. Most notably King Juan Carlos. A very dodgy character who helped them get away with all sorts of financial irregularities and was even known to celebrate in the dressing room with the players.

They still benefit from this backing to this day, and, as representatives of the Spanish regime, always will.

• Like 2

If I was that **** ugly I probably wouldn’t throw as much shit around as he is.

No point looking like Iain Dowie’s offspring as well as being a prick. Got to try to have some redeeming features.

To clarify, I’m pretty ugly but not quite as big a word removed as Gordon.

Refused to train, then is surprised when the club don't thank him for his contributions. Not to mention leaving on pretty much the last day of the window leaving them no time to get a replacement. Ignorant as well as toxic.

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

They were but they have always cheated the rules with the backing of the establishment. Most notably King Juan Carlos. A very dodgy character who helped them get away with all sorts of financial irregularities and was even known to celebrate in the dressing room with the players.

They still benefit from this backing to this day, and, as representatives of the Spanish regime, always will.

That is also true, hence the name Royal Madrid.

Newcastle starting their blatant disregard of FFP today...  Issued one new share with a face value of 5p for £57 million.

No idea how Villa are going to compete properly by following the rules when stuff like this happens.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, KMitch said:

Newcastle starting their blatant disregard of FFP today...  Issued one new share with a face value of 5p for £57 million.

No idea how Villa are going to compete properly by following the rules when stuff like this happens.  

What's the impact of this on FFP? Doesn't affect the P&L.

16 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

What's the impact of this on FFP? Doesn't affect the P&L.

Its basically like the annual 30m that our owners inject. 

They're under the same limits our owners are for cash injection. But seemingly instead of spreading it out evenly over the 3 year 90m ffp injection limit. They're doing 57m now, and have 33m left to inject over the 3 year period from this date.

Edit: got my maths wrong before.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

Â