Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

12 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We’ve also beaten every team under Newcastle’s recent winning streak at home. I hope Liverpool smash them at the end of the month and that Deano gets a result with Norwich. 

We didnt beat Wolves 

Defo think the title needs to be changed, we won't be laughing at them in a few years when they are where we aspire to be. They will be top 6 eventually and challenging the top 4, while we will be wondering if we can still sign januzaj on loan.... 

2 hours ago, calcifer said:

Defo think the title needs to be changed, we won't be laughing at them in a few years when they are where we aspire to be. They will be top 6 eventually and challenging the top 4, while we will be wondering if we can still sign januzaj on loan.... 

I don’t fully understand the rationale behind this. FFP is in place - the top clubs don’t want to be losing their dolla. Why would Newcastle be any different to other clubs who throw money around like, say, us??

15 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don’t fully understand the rationale behind this. FFP is in place - the top clubs don’t want to be losing their dolla. Why would Newcastle be any different to other clubs who throw money around like, say, us??

They won't be, they're just being bigged up by the media 

Bruno is the only player they've signed so far that could play European football for them, they will need a huge turnover of players to get to where they want to be, it will take them a few years

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

They are owned by the state of Saudi Aribia, they will be getting around FFP just like Man City. Dodgy sponcership deals, naming rights to the stadium etc, premier league won't do jack about it. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

The way they are spoken of in the media, and presumably in the wider football industry as a whole, is completely different to the way we are talked about. They are 'the richest club in the world', it's 'just a matter of time', we already know that every media outlet is going to run multiple breathless articles/segments about their fantasy Newcastle XIs, the ideal Newcastle shopping list, blah blah blah. Meanwhile they can actually afford to spend a lot this summer because of Ashley's frugality. At some point it's a self-fulfilling prophecy, if they're talked up enough eventually players who wouldn't normally consider a club like them (or us) will buy into the hype train.

The last 2 posts are right, the PL and the media will love it, competition is good for business, any idea that the PL had gone a bit stale because of the sky 6 or the idea that its actually as bad as other leagues where only 2 teams can win it each year they can now put that in the bin and spin a Newcastle are coming yarn, it's shit

But bobzy is also right in that it will still take years, my lazy guess would be they don't get CL in 5 years unless Chelsea implode 

The biggest danger Newcastle present to us is that the absolute terror of the big six means that they're desperately trying to change the rules to shut them out forever - if they do that, they'll shut us out too. 

In the meantime, if Newcastle, evil as they are, can smash the cartel, it'll benefit us in the long term, not so much because it'll allow us to compete with the behemoth they'll become, but because they'll do damage to Spurs and Arsenal and Chelsea and help open up opportunities that don't currently exist to get in amongst the top six.

Fly high shitbird, fly high.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The biggest danger Newcastle present to us is that the absolute terror of the big six means that they're desperately trying to change the rules to shut them out forever - if they do that, they'll shut us out too. 

In the meantime, if Newcastle, evil as they are, can smash the cartel, it'll benefit us in the long term, not so much because it'll allow us to compete with the behemoth they'll become, but because they'll do damage to Spurs and Arsenal and Chelsea and help open up opportunities that don't currently exist to get in amongst the top six.

Fly high shitbird, fly high.

I like your angle, can't wait to hear the first sky presenter say the big 7, really hope I'm not watching my best TV at the time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The big 6 will just bring them along to the super league so that league will have even more money to share.

That league wont be about titles anyway. It's about the product and about money.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

I like your angle, can't wait to hear the first sky presenter say the big 7, really hope I'm not watching my best TV at the time.

spacer.png 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

The traditional Big 7 😉

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

For sure, it will be like they've always really been there but just had a few barren years. 

Remember the Keegan years that invented attacking football 😉

• Like 1

Â