Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

31 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Context of tonight: geordies at home, for first time with their new signings. Crowd are massively up for it, whole team lifts their game against a woeful everton side. They will crash down to earth by next match. Going down. 

This is wishful thinking. They have bought well and their results since they changed manager have been comfortably better than relegation form. 

7 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

They'll stay up. This will give the whole club a lift. Norwich aren't good enough to send them down 

only need one team to send them down. all hopes on burnley i think...unbeaten in the last 3, 2 of which were utd and arsenal. there's some fight there for sure

i like aspects of watford's squad but it's a shockingly run club

It's looking better for them now, but we get this most seasons, a struggling club suddenly gets a few wins from nowhere and people think they're going to shoot up the table but before long they revert back to their normal form, would also say against Leeds they were incredibly lucky and today Everton were very poor.

Typical of our luck that they get a few wins before we play them, they haven't looked great in either game but will give them a big lift.

15 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

They'll stay up. This will give the whole club a lift. Norwich aren't good enough to send them down 

The hope can only be on Burnley. Watford are done, Norwich will be done soon. But again Everton could get in thr s**t soon as well. 

Hopefully we can win against Newcastle next game. But we have a very hard game against Leeds tomorrow hope we can win it. 

1 minute ago, useless said:

It's looking better for them now, but we get this most seasons, a struggling club suddenly gets a few wins from nowhere and people think they're going to shoot up the table but before long they revert back to their normal form, would also say against Leeds they were incredibly lucky and today Everton were very poor.

Typical of our luck that they get a few wins before we play them, they haven't looked great in either game but will give them a big lift.

Them and Burnley don’t lose a lot. Watford are used to losing. So it’s not as if they’re in a shocking form. Sometimes draws are indication that a team isn’t easy to lose. 

they're not in shocking form, they're actually in quite good form, unbeaten in four now taking eight points from those four games, my point is that you often see struggling teams go on mini runs like this and look like they're going to turn their season around but then revert back to the form that go them into trouble in the first place.

Last season West Brom had a spell where they put five past chelsea then beat Southampton by three goals and got good draws against us and Wolves, Watford did something similar the season before.

• Like 2

Game this weekend against us will show what Newcastle are made of.

Everton was a massive must win. They are in free fall, inexperienced manager, influential players going off injured, years of bad spending. 15/16 vibes.

We are a good team, with a good manager and some very very good players. Let’s see how they get on.

Edited by pas5898

3 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Game this weekend against us will show what Newcastle are made of.

Everton was a massive must win. They are in free fall, inexperienced manager, influential players going off injured, years of bad spending. 15/16 vibes.

We are a good team, with a good manager and some very very good players. Let’s see how they get on.

We never play well at Newcastle tbh in recent memory, last season was a really poor game and IIRC they were without AMS and Wilson and still we couldn't win despite scoring in 87th minute.

Results since 2005:

2005/06- 1-1 draw (Barry missed penalty in last minute)

2006/07- 3-1 defeat (Carew and Young's debut)

2007/08- 0-0 draw

2008/09- 2-0 defeat

2010- can't remember...

11/12- 2-1 defeat

12/13- 1-1 draw

13/14- 1-0 defeat

14/15- 1-0 defeat

15/16- 1-1 draw

16/17 (championship)- 2-0 defeat

And two 1-1 draws since we came back to prem.

Incredible we've won twice at Old Trafford since last winning at Newcastle. Also bizarre we've not scored more than one goal in any game since 2005 when they were down to 8 men of course.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

We never play well at Newcastle tbh in recent memory, last season was a really poor game and IIRC they were without AMS and Wilson and still we couldn't win despite scoring in 87th minute.

Results since 2005:

2005/06- 1-1 draw (Barry missed penalty in last minute)

2006/07- 3-1 defeat (Carew and Young's debut)

2007/08- 0-0 draw

2008/09- 2-0 defeat

2010- can't remember...

11/12- 2-1 defeat

12/13- 1-1 draw

13/14- 1-0 defeat

14/15- 1-0 defeat

15/16- 1-1 draw

16/17 (championship)- 2-0 defeat

And two 1-1 draws since we came back to prem.

Incredible we've won twice at Old Trafford since last winning at Newcastle. Also bizarre we've not scored more than one goal in any game since 2005 when they were down to 8 men of course.

I was going to say something similar. St. James' Park has been a horrible hunting ground for us. Would be fantastic to get 3 points, but it's a long way from being a banker.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

They won, they're probably gonna survive, I feel very miserable about it.

Joelinton can cheer me up though:

Incredible how someone can kick the ball in their own face in that situation.  It's like a football equivalent of that bloke from East 17 running himself over after eating too many potatoes, just the sheer physics of it should make it impossible but it happened.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, useless said:

they're not in shocking form, they're actually in quite good form, unbeaten in four now taking eight points from those four games, my point is that you often see struggling teams go on mini runs like this and look like they're going to turn their season around but then revert back to the form that go them into trouble in the first place.

Last season West Brom had a spell where they put five past chelsea then beat Southampton by three goals and got good draws against us and Wolves, Watford did something similar the season before.

The difference is they have bought a bunch of new players. It's not the same team playing the second half of the season that played the first. They now have a squad capable of staying up and are showing it in their results. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Incredible how someone can kick the ball in their own face in that situation.  It's like a football equivalent of that bloke from East 17 running himself over after eating too many potatoes, just the sheer physics of it should make it impossible but it happened.

That’s one of my favourite stories of all time. Although, to be fair, he didn’t eat too many potatoes - he was carrying a potato and dropped it while getting into his car, then leaned out and under the car to pick it up and ended up falling out and running over his own head.

The physics makes sense, but literally nothing else about the story does!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

They won, they're probably gonna survive, I feel very miserable about it.

Joelinton can cheer me up though:

Saint Maximin just different levels.  If they stay up, he'll be the reason for it.

• Like 2

Â