Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Anyone seen the article on sky sports about Ashley suing Staveley for immediate return of a £10M loan because she breached the condition of not bad mouthing him in public? 

As per usual with sky articles, it’s ambiguous at best and I really don’t get it, so did Ashley loan Staveley money to buy the club, if so, is that not a bit weird? 

32 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Gutted that they snatched a win today. They’re probably gonna stay up aren’t they?

Who knows, Everton next then us, they have a few 6 pointers to play so beating Everton and Norwich is going to be key, hope they don’t of course.

They were pretty bad today, hardly maed any chances of their own, and Leeds were cutting through them at ease, just didn't make the best of their opportunites, and this was a Leeds team that had a midfield of Koch, Klich, and Rodrigo, two of those playing out of position, and Klich probably wouldn't get into any other premier league team's midfield. I'd wait and see if they can go on a run before declaring them any more likely to stay up than any of the other teams struggling.

Next two games at home versus us and Everton will be important, hopefully Everton will get some new manager bounce and stop them winning two in a row and gaining momentum before they play us.

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Can't wait to play them. We're due a win at SJP.

I might be wrong but I think it's been longer since we beat them away than any other team who have been in the Premier League at the same time as us for more than a couple of seasons.

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I might be wrong but I think it's been longer since we beat them away than any other team who have been in the Premier League at the same time as us for more than a couple of seasons.

We have only ever won 7 games at St James Park

On 21/01/2022 at 06:56, M_Afro said:

If Watford and Leeds both win this weekend, Newcastle are in big trouble. I could see both of those results happening. It really will leave Newcastle with a massive job to stay up then. It’s got nothing to do with Newcastle to be honest, or very little at least, but I don’t think I’ve ever wanted a team to got relegated more than this! Come on Watford (sorry Deano) and Leeds!

Well. That post aged well! 

• Haha 1

Can see them taking points from the teams around them, but unless they get a severe injection of quality then they wont get too many from teams in the top 12-14. It's become very obvious that they wont sign a whole new team in this window - they'll still be left with most of their current team starting, and those players have shown they arent up to it. If they do sign 4 or 5 new ones then we're all too aware of how long players can take to settle in - crucial points might be lost.

Those 4 teams are not going to all finish on 30 points (assuming an approximate doubling of their current totals) - someone will struggle into the mid-20s, one will get to 30ish, and two will get to 33-35. I can't see Newcastle getting 20 points from 17 games - that's either 2 wins and 14 draws, 3 wins and 11, 4 wins and 8 draws, 5 wins and 5 draws, or 6 wins and 2 draws. Im not sure thats a realistic set of results looking at their fixtures, and 3 of their final 4 games are against Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal (Burnley away is their final game).

Â