Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

2 minutes ago, useless said:

The release clause for Wood is apparently £25m, Newcastle fans seem to think that's too much for him and that they're helping Burnley not making them weaker. Can't help think they might be right about that, if we were in Newcastle's position for example I'd be worried if we gave a relegation rival that we were trying to catch, £25m for a striker that had only scored three goals.

I remember all the talk of us weaking a rival by buying Ings off Southampton and how they'd be in a relegation battle without his goals, they're currently above us in the league 🥸

Signing Chris Wood and Kieran Tripper surely means they're resorting to the ol' basic Brucey "flick it onto the clogger's noggin" brand of football that gets shit teams out of the danger zone.

It's not the romantic vision the barcodes have been carping on about since the Saudis rocked up but truthfully, it's probably the smart move for now.

22 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

Signing Chris Wood and Kieran Tripper surely means they're resorting to the ol' basic Brucey "flick it onto the clogger's noggin" brand of football that gets shit teams out of the danger zone.

It's not the romantic vision the barcodes have been carping on about since the Saudis rocked up but truthfully, it's probably the smart move for now.

probably would have been better off keeping Bruce at that stage

ASM and Almiron are probably the 2 best attacking players they have with Wilson injured, cant imagine either punting hopeless crosses into the box

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I suppose it depends on the contract length but yeah sensible signing for the moment like Trippier

Trippier a very good set piece taker too - and we all know what Chris Wood brings to the table. 

Burnley struggling for goals and selling their one prove goal scorer

Newcastle United giving £25m to a relegation rival that they can use to strengthen their team, in exchange for a striker that's only scored three goals all season and hasn't just not been scoring goals but has been playing poorly in general.

Never mind a sensible signing, the whole deal makes no sense.

• Like 1

It's not the signing of Wood in of itself that's a bad idea, it's giving Burnley £25m that they can use to strengthen their team. I'm pretty sure if we were in Newcastle's position I wouldn't want us giving Burnley £25m for a striker that's scored three goals all season. I think it's Newcastle panicking because they're desperate to bring in a striker before the Watford game the weekend, it's not even as if Wood is a striker that suits the way that Howe normally has his teams playing.

41 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Burnley would be good going for someone like el ghazi. I think he would dk good for them starting week in and week out.

He could be the main man there

Maybe ride out the championship with them too but that's a big maybe

That's what wood feels like to me, he'll be there next year regardless of the league

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Burnley would be good going for someone like el ghazi. I think he would dk good for them starting week in and week out.

He could be the main man there

They have already the non Commonwealth spot in the squad taken up by Cornet

• Haha 1

Â