Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

4 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Be very interesting to look at the table again on Friday evening. Yesterday does feel like it was a must win game.

really is. i guess from a newcastle perspective they want a couple of draws this week. effectively sucks a point out of the league when that happens

from an anti-newcastle perspective, a couple of watford wins might be nice. newcastle would be 8 (effectively 9 due to far poorer GD) points from safety going into their game vs leeds

it would also see watford actually climb above leeds which would potentially give leeds a bit of a kick up the arse

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mantis said:

They have won 1 (one) game all season, and that was a home game to Burnley. Gerrard alone has won quadruple the number of games with us in 2 months.

Since Gerrard came in we have won more points than they have 

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Booed off at full time. This isnt the revolution they were expecting 

But it is what every other fan in the country expected. They are the only ones that (eventually) believed that Howe was the right man for the job and that they would be signing superstars. Everyone else could see they are a basket case of a team and are heading towards the Championship. I honestly believe they would have more points if they had stuck with Bruce.. He had done well to keep them in the PL and although the football was dire he would still pick up a few points. And for all Bruce's faults, he is reasonably sharp in the transfer market and I am sure would have brought in a couple of decent loan signings to help their cause

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

But it is what every other fan in the country expected. They are the only ones that (eventually) believed that Howe was the right man for the job and that they would be signing superstars. Everyone else could see they are a basket case of a team and are heading towards the Championship. I honestly believe they would have more points if they had stuck with Bruce.. He had done well to keep them in the PL and although the football was dire he would still pick up a few points. And for all Bruce's faults, he is reasonably sharp in the transfer market and I am sure would have brought in a couple of decent loan signings to help their cause

Isn’t their issue with signings that all the other premier league teams are refusing to do business? The only reason they got wood was because of a release clause.

You really don’t want to be getting a bunch of untested foreign players into a relegation battle in this league - as evidenced by our relegation season. Even when they’re good players, and a lot of those signings clearly were as they’ve gone on to have great careers.

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

really is. i guess from a newcastle perspective they want a couple of draws this week. effectively sucks a point out of the league when that happens

from an anti-newcastle perspective, a couple of watford wins might be nice. newcastle would be 8 (effectively 9 due to far poorer GD) points from safety going into their game vs leeds

it would also see watford actually climb above leeds which would potentially give leeds a bit of a kick up the arse

I think Watford will be o.k in the end as they do pick up points v bottom half teams and Sarr, King, Dennis and Joao Pedro is probably best attacking set of players for bottom end club.

If they get 4 points from their next two they start to close in on likes of Everton.

Think bottom 3 will stay as it is although always potential for Burnley to go on a run at some stage.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Isn’t their issue with signings that all the other premier league teams are refusing to do business? The only reason they got wood was because of a release clause.

You really don’t want to be getting a bunch of untested foreign players into a relegation battle in this league - as evidenced by our relegation season. Even when they’re good players, and a lot of those signings clearly were as they’ve gone on to have great careers.

Personally I do not believe that. If any clubs gets offered a fee for a player and they are happy with the fee, I can't see them not selling. I would be pissed off with Purslow if he didn't accept a 50m+ fee for either Ollie or Ings from Toon.

I agree re the untested foreign players. The problem Toom may have is that if they get any big name signings they are likely to have a relegation release clause which could really cause problems for them in the summer

16 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Personally I do not believe that. If any clubs gets offered a fee for a player and they are happy with the fee, I can't see them not selling. I would be pissed off with Purslow if he didn't accept a 50m+ fee for either Ollie or Ings from Toon.

I agree re the untested foreign players. The problem Toom may have is that if they get any big name signings they are likely to have a relegation release clause which could really cause problems for them in the summer

It would explain the lack of activity though.
We’re 16 days into the transfer window and they’ve signed trippier (admittedly a good signing, albeit not a priority position) and wood. I expected more, much more at this point.

I’d be annoyed if we did dealings with them on any level. To do so would be massively shortsighted. Their intention is to go down the financial doping path and shat all over the rest of the league. If they survive they’ll be ahead of us in 18 months.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

It would explain the lack of activity though.
We’re 16 days into the transfer window and they’ve signed trippier (admittedly a good signing, albeit not a priority position) and wood. I expected more, much more at this point.

I’d be annoyed if we did dealings with them on any level. To do so would be massively shortsighted. Their intention is to go down the financial doping path and shat all over the rest of the league. If they survive they’ll be ahead of us in 18 months.

I think the problem they have with trying to buy players is that the players simply don't want to play for them. Their facilities are tatty, they are at the infancy of a rebuilding project that will takes years, they will likely be relegated in May, they will go through 3 or 4 managers before they get it right and they will not pay 'silly' wages, the still have to comply with FFP. So for any player aged 25+, the next 5 years of football at Toon will be horrible. Compare that to the prospect of joining Villa; world class facilities, a PL team, hugely supportive owners and CEO and a young manager that wants to win stuff. All the players that Toon want can easily get jobs at clubs like Villa or clubs in the Champions League. 

I have an almost irrational dislike of Rafa, mainly due to Liverpool and how they've inflated his status to somehow being in the fergie, Jose, Wenger club, he's a media darling because the media love tickling the bollocks of Liverpool fans and its completely unmerited, I'd have him in contention for most overrated manager in recent memory but also a small part because he turned us down saying he'd only manage us if we chucked money at the team - £30m wasn't it?! In hindsight he should have just outright said hell **** no to us because we were terrible but it still pissed me off that this gods gift of a manager needed to spend money to do anything 

So yeah I hope Saint Rafa goes there, does **** all, gets relegated and maybe just maybe more people get to see him for the absolute fraud that he is 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

If they go down there is no chamce saint max is staying. That alone is a reason for them to go down

He has quite a bit of the “Adama’s” about him. He’s better than Traore but doesn’t deliver enough to tempt in a big club imo.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

He has quite a bit of the “Adama’s” about him. He’s better than Traore but doesn’t deliver enough to tempt in a big club imo.

I can’t believe people actually think this. It’s just a lazy, and wrong, comparison. 

Â