Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

The rivalry in the championship was a 2 way street, same with wolves and Leeds, bald men fighting over a comb "big club" pissing contest that we shouldn't have got involved with but that's what social media is 

With what's seemingly happening now it wasn't even that hard to predict, a lot of us on here said Staveley when they chanted her name first game and all that nonsense... Too many people like the idea of dabbling with a football club with no experience, she should have appointed football people week 1 on the job and taken a step backwards, their infrastructure is non existent, even if they do scrape staying up some of these nonsense signings will damage them for the next couple of years, they sign solanke and they're stuck with him for the duration of his contract cos no one will touch him at what they'll pay him, origi has already shown he's happy to be a part time footballer, they stay up he'll be there 4 or 5 years earning a killing 

• Like 1

:)

New Newcastle United Owners Face Legal Action

Former Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley has launched legal action against financier Amanda Staveley, one of the key figures in the recent Saudi-led takeover of the English Premier League club.

A document seen by AFP shows that retail tycoon Ashley’s St James Holdings has lodged a claim at the High Court in London, although no reason for the action, also brought against Staveley’s husband Mehrdad Ghodoussi, was specified.

Reports said relations soured between Ashley and Staveley ahead of the takeover in October — the struggling football club in northeast England was sold to a Saudi-led consortium for £305 million ($414 million).

The consortium comprises the Saudi Public Investment Fund, Staveley’s PCP Capital Partners, and billionaire brothers David and Simon Reuben.

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/01/10/new-newcastle-united-owners-face-legal-action/

tried to find out what it was for but no one seems to know

did like how the DM are now reporting that their owners are worth £700bn...not assets worth or even a realistic number or anything of any relevance to what they will spend on the football club

its a load of bollocks

32 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Genuinely laughing at them right now.  Newcastle supporters hate us with a passion for celebrating one of their relegations a bit too hard and seem to be desperately trying to create a "rivalry" between the two clubs.  I had a conversation with an extremely smug Newcastle fan after the Saudi's took over and he was throwing out names like Coutinho, Haaland, etc as their January signings and that they were going to out spend/bid everyone in the league for players...  Fast forward to today and the best manager they could appoint was Eddie fookin' Howe and are debating which of Origi, Solanke, or Wood to sign as the striker who is going to keep them up this season!  Us signing Coutinho and possibly Digne is rubbing salt in their wound.  I love it.  Keep it coming.  

they absolutely despise us for doing that. spoke to a geordie lad in the pub before the home game earlier this season and he was giving us loads about it. "why do you hate us so much?" i think was the gist of what he wanted to know.

he just didn't get that it was all just bants with the whole sob on the tyne banner. we said we'd have done it for basically any big club that went down but he refused to believe it. we'd do the same for spurs, arsenal, everton etc but they took it really personally.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

they absolutely despise us for doing that. spoke to a geordie lad in the pub before the home game earlier this season and he was giving us loads about it. "why do you hate us so much?" i think was the gist of what he wanted to know.

he just didn't get that it was all just bants with the whole sob on the tyne banner. we said we'd have done it for basically any big club that went down but he refused to believe it. we'd do the same for spurs, arsenal, everton etc but they took it really personally.

Newcastle fans are deluded. Whoever they'd played that day would have mocked them. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

The "Who's your next Messiah? Ant or Dec? banner was bloody funny in my opinion. They should have just laughed it off and it would have all been forgotten. They also haven't got over the party we had when they had their big chance to gain revenge in relegating us a couple of years later, sadly for them we helped them in joining us that year with Eric Black picking up his first and only point as our caretaker manager. 🤣

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NeilS said:

The "Who's your next Messiah? Ant or Dec? banner was bloody funny in my opinion. They should have just laughed it off and it would have all been forgotten. They also haven't got over the party we had when they had their big chance to gain revenge in relegating us a couple of years later, sadly for them we helped them in joining us that year with Eric Black picking up his first and only point as our caretaker manager. 🤣

A lot of that sob on the Tyne stuff was revenge for when they booed Martin Laursen on the day he came out to say goodbye to us due to injury. I've never forgotten or forgiven. 

3 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Thought I’d have a look what the reaction you to the transfer window was on their forum, firs glimpse at the topics on board 🤦🏿 

4949BDF9-C275-404A-9269-1C289485DCB0.thumb.jpeg.28871e659075d44523367ad6a5092fba.jpeg

What's the lowdown on the Shaving your balls thread? Wouldn't get any Off Topic nonsense like that on here...

• Haha 1

On 08/01/2022 at 21:33, tomav84 said:

they will piss the championship. it's the poorest it's been for years especially with all the teams under transfer embargos and points deductions. those that are left don't really have the finances to sign anyone and newcastle could just buy up all the decent championship players if they wanted.

The problem with that is your left with a load of players that are good in the championship but can’t get a kick in the prem (Tom Cairney at Fulham springs to mind with one year on one year off) and you can’t offload them because you over pay on wages to get them in the first place. Not a problem for Newcastle in terms of finding them but in terms of FFP it’s a big problem. I do think them going down even with their owners would be a bit of a disaster and elongate the process of premier league domination.

8 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

The problem with that is your left with a load of players that are good in the championship but can’t get a kick in the prem (Tom Cairney at Fulham springs to mind with one year on one year off) and you can’t offload them because you over pay on wages to get them in the first place. Not a problem for Newcastle in terms of finding them but in terms of FFP it’s a big problem. I do think them going down even with their owners would be a bit of a disaster and elongate the process of premier league domination.

Dwight Gayle is another example - the club will struggle coming back up and keeping a more consistent side. Money can’t buy you everything. 

Watch them go buy Rob Holding or someone similar for £30m 

11 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

What's the lowdown on the Shaving your balls thread? Wouldn't get any Off Topic nonsense like that on here...

Honestly didn’t look,  delusional forum the crap they spout is unbelievable 

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Botman going nowhere shocker 

Youd think theyd just pay £50m if thats what it takes. Lille dont want to sell, so make an offer they cant refuse surely? Money is no object to the PIF, therefore its irrelevant if they pay over the odds to get their targets. FFP is a few years away from catching up with them so spend a few hundred million and act like the powerhouse you supposedly are. 

I think he was shite before he went to Newcastle tbh. Just caught fire for 6 months when everything he hit went in. Brings nothing to the table.

Not really want I'd want in a midfielder tbh. I'd put him alongside Winks Westwood and Tom Davies in the 'you're not actually great or even good at any one thing' category.

Â