Christian Benteke

Kwan

I reckon we wont get him if Genk being awkward. They be a bit more realistic in their price in Jan if they have a wantaway player on their hands for a few months. We will have to get someone in on loan. Very annoying. Why the hell have we left it until the last week to bid for Bentke?

Ah well - at least we have the first link for the Jan window. Always thought it looked unlikley when they rejected the first bid.

Lets just hope Bowery proves the steal of century....FFS were due a bit of luck !

It doesn't mean he won't come. Carroll to west ham, sinclair to city proves this.

How does it ?

We don't have enough cash to up the bid ?

Neither of us would be interested in a loan

Genk don't want to sell

90% dead IMO

Ah well - at least we have the first link for the Jan window. Always thought it looked unlikley when they rejected the first bid.

Lets just hope Bowery proves the steal of century....FFS were due a bit of luck !

It's not even off though.

It's not even off though.

looks highly unlikely IMO now

Very similar to when liverpool wanted Barry:-

Liverpool wouldn't meet the asking price

Villa didn't want or need to sell

Barry wanted to go

....hopeful that Dempsey is plan B .......!!!!!!

Thing is there comes a time that if we have other targets we have to shelve our interest in Benteke - and pursue those other targets...or else we are out of time......

Macheda from Manu has been a persistent twatter rumour.............not even sure he's still there....

Thing is there comes a time that if we have other targets we have to shelve our interest in Benteke - and pursue those other targets...or else we are out of time......

Macheda from Manu has been a persistent twatter rumour.............not even sure he's still there....

I think Lambert, Culverhouse, Karsa, some of the scouts and even Faulkner all go out and chase after specific players each. I saw an interview with Lambert where he spoke about it.

I can't find a link for it archived anywhere but I'll keep looking.

So they're all out chasing various targets and once things are pretty much bang on they schedule the press conference.

Buraspor were after Macheda for a loan weren't they? Could be an interesting one. Could give us something else to instantly picture when he's mentioned.

Â