Christian Benteke

Kwan

Isn't Bowery completely separate signing from Benteke, and that Villa have third striker as Plan B if Benteke transfer doesn't go through?

That's what it looks like, yes.

This looks like it's off.

Christian Benteke absolutely wants to go to the Premier League. Mario Been, who a few days ago was very angry with his behaviour, is remarkably mild for his player.

"I still hope that Christian will stay with us," said Been. "I do not condone what he has done, but it is also a game of agents. If the transfer does not take place, here is still a coach who will embrace Christian. I hope that everyone will do it."

Genk will not sell below the asking price. So Benteke is not gone yet. "I hope that the desired amount won't come on the table", Been admits.

For Benteke today is the last day to make the transfer happen. The transfer market closes at midnight.

10.6 is alot, but this guy seems to be worth it. Great scoring record, young, talented.. that's what those sorts of players cost these days.

Unproven, yes.. but I think right now we have to take a bit of a gamble, as without him I just can't see us getting the goals to stay up.

Well cant say he looks all that from the YouTube but I've never seen him play so fingers crossed we have ourselves a find that is worth the cash.

Suddenly have loads of options upfront - surely Delfouneso will be off but no rumours so maybe just another spell out on loan for him.

Pushes Weimann down to 4/5th spot - thought this could be a big year for him but seems like PL not too convinced.

Still would love a wide/skillful/creative player - Dempsey or Zarate would have been immense - seems odd that it was Benteke or Dempsey very different players by the looks of it.

5hrs to go - who knows...

Really hope it goes through.

However a note a caution when this deal was muted @ £4-5m - is was for a promising striker - and given his age the risk was a nominal one - ie most of the fee could be recouped if he flops.

@ £10m there is considerably more pressure on him to succeed - but give him a chance - despite the fee, this a 'promising' player with lots of work to do to make the grade.

Â