Christian Benteke

Kwan

Bent will still leave, he won't be doing with another season of bench warming and the odd start in the cup.

Hopefully Benteke will stay, I reckon he will and will leave after the world cup but as we've seen recently with our star attacking players there is no guarantee.

We'd have Gabby, Weimann (I reckon that new contract will be signed shortly) and I can see Lambert going for a lower league punt like Dwight Gayle to replace Bent and he'd sign a more established striker to replace Benteke if the worst happens.

Every day I check this thread hoping to see we signed him on higher wages and he will stay. 

You'll have plenty of checking to do then. Not only is he away with Belgium he will off on his hols after that.

Let's face it, he and his agent are simply going to wait and see what happens. They will not be rushing in a new contract until they know who is or isn't interested.

If he signs a new contract it will be July at the earliest and if someone bigger is sniffing around longer. I still expect this to get messy with some crappy offer from someone like Arsenal coming in that we reject but Benteke wants to push through. Hope I am wrong.......

£20k a week gets you kids and players who aren't good enough for the Premier league - and if those kids are any good then it gets you them for about a year before they want more money. The days of Premier league starters on £20k a week are gone.

Interesting to see how far Lambert is willing to follow the Dortmund model then. Pretty sure I heard that Lewandowski was among their highest earners as he is on €20k per week.

£20k a week gets you kids and players who aren't good enough for the Premier league - and if those kids are any good then it gets you them for about a year before they want more money. The days of Premier league starters on £20k a week are gone.

Interesting to see how far Lambert is willing to follow the Dortmund model then. Pretty sure I heard that Lewandowski was among their highest earners as he is on €20k per week.

The wages in our league are ridiculous compared to many other leagues, primarily because of the 40% tax on luxury wages.

The wages in our league are ridiculous compared to many other leagues, primarily because of the 40% tax on luxury wages.

Isn't France 75% tax or something stupid like that? Outside of psg and Monaco wages are still lower than here

Yes was 50p, at least it means  football is generating a lot of taxes for this Country, so not all bad. 

I'd imagine the number of top footballers actually paying the going rate to be very low.

Hummels is highest paid dortmund player on €53k a week basic.

i think its 50:50 whether he stays another season, and beyond next year, no chance.... if he has a stormer next season, we'll get proper money for him.... at the moment, i don't think we will - i can see offers coming in around 12 - 15m....

if they come from a club that he wants to go to, then we potentially have a real problem on our hands, as we could see a genk-style strike happening.... my concern is that suitor clubs structure a package with emphasis on paying him and his agent, and not paying the villa....

that would test the true extent of player power...

would love him to stay, by the way, i think he's great for the club and would love to have him terrorising defences for us for years to come...

• Like 1

Every day I check this thread hoping to see we signed him on higher wages and he will stay. 

You'd probably be able to tell that before opening the thread because the amount of pages on the thread would have gone through the roof.

i think its 50:50 whether he stays another season, and beyond next year, no chance.... if he has a stormer next season, we'll get proper money for him.... at the moment, i don't think we will - i can see offers coming in around 12 - 15m....

if they come from a club that he wants to go to, then we potentially have a real problem on our hands, as we could see a genk-style strike happening.... my concern is that suitor clubs structure a package with emphasis on paying him and his agent, and not paying the villa....

that would test the true extent of player power...

would love him to stay, by the way, i think he's great for the club and would love to have him terrorising defences for us for years to come...

There's no suggestion he would strike after 1 year, but if I was manager, I'd let him strike, for a whole year if necessary. We don't have to sell.

World Cup year, all he'd do is lose his place to Lukaku. We are in the strong position, we need the strong leadership from Lambert and Faulkner.

• Like 1

I'm guessing he thinks Benteke will strike again, or do something similar.

If the article was translated properly, and is to be believe, that probably won't happen.

Â