Christian Benteke

Kwan

All boils down to how much money he wants to sign a one year extension to his contract, if it's to much or he won't sign then it will be upto him, his agent and the buying club to meet our valuation.

He's been a great villa player but that's not to say he will grow as a player either at villa or another club. He's good but he's not irreplaceable and I have a feeling PL will have made moves to cover him leaving.

Keep the faith UTV

Edited by tinker

This guy looks awesome!!! 20 years old, 18 in 34 in his first season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxBhbE_1330

Cornelius looks a prospect, cracking name as well. Spartan warrior.

Never heard of him before today but looks good, 2 footed, good in the air, decent with the ball and pretty quick too

spurs are interested in this guy

If I was him I would take another year at least. I would see that as the smarter choice for my own career considering this is the year he got noticed. If he wants to stay on top he needs to be focused. Sure, he could join dortmund and start a fantastic career there but personally I would be a little hesitant about it. This was his breakout season, it takes much more to continue on a high note. Whatever, as long as he goes abroad then its fine by me. And we get properly paid of course. 

I have a lot of faith in Lambert now and the players he picks out, so I think we are gonna be fine either way. Just don`t expect him to sign another striker who can put in 20+goals next season.

1sec im in school atm having exams need to study i will respond later.

How old are you, BG? (genuine question!)

17 :) and you?

20. Will be 21 in a few months. A little surprised, always pictured you as a fairly old guy (and by old I really mean about 30)!

I'm resigned to loosing him.  He might be saying that he is happy to stay, but he is not saying that he won't go.  All this means is that if the right bid from the right club comes in then he will go.  There are not that many really good strikers in the Prem at the moment, certainly not in the Benteke mold.  There is going to be plenty of money splashed in the summer and I feel the chances are pretty high that there will be a big enough chunk of it aimed at the Villa for us to agree to a sale.  It hardly even matters which club it is as he will almost certainly x4 his wages and move to one of Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City, Man U, or similar from abroad all of whom can very justifiably be described as a step up.  I don't see him being that picky (he didn't even seem to know what city we were in when he joined us after all).

I will be sad when he goes, as I have really enjoyed watching him here (especially watching Smalling bounce off him on the way to goal at VP), but I will remember him as the main reason we staved off relegation this year and the sale that allows us a chance to add enough quality across the squad to stay up again next year (maybe even progress a little)

1sec im in school atm having exams need to study i will respond later.

How old are you, BG? (genuine question!)

17 :) and you?

20. Will be 21 in a few months. A little surprised, always pictured you as a fairly old guy (and by old I really mean about 30)!

haha how is that so?

We're not a nothing club? I think every neutral fan and most of the media would disagree.

I couldn't give a flying **** what every neutral fan or the media think of Aston Villa. Do you believe you are following a nothing club? Your posts suggest you do. Maybe take a look at yourself.

Well you don't have to care. Your opinion doesn't decide what kind of club we are.

And yes I think it's clear I do think I'm following a nothing club. It's what we're fast becoming under Randy Lerner. What do I need to look at? Am I better fan if I ignore what I see and post how great we are on the Internet?

This basically says what i have been thinking over the past few days. Noted a growing trend particularly from moderators jumping on posts that are not falling in line with the idea everything is ok now as we're safe.

I resigned myself to him leaving about half way through the season TBH. He's a truly top player, will almost certainly be world class before long, if he isn't already, and is destined to play at a level above what we can offer him in the next few years. I won't begrudge him if he goes, though I'd obviously much rather get another season out of him. If he does go, I'd hope Lerner is smart enough to get at least £30 million for him so Lambo can put it to good use.

don't forget he has a long term contract so if he goes he will leave a shitload of cash 

£3.9m if we're right in thinking he gets £25k a week. £29m minimum is what we'd be looking from a transfer I believe, which would basically be £25m + wiping out his contract with us.

£29m is a lot for a team to spend on a player with one top flight season under his belt.

I think we could keep Benteke this summer, however, if we don't Lambert could do a lot with £30m.

Add to that £8m for Bent and maybe £3m for the likes of Ireland, Given and Hutton and we suddenly have £40m. I wouldnt expect us to spend all of that but we could maybe see us spend £30m over the summer and January. It could certainly see us take a step up in our recruitments, where we may have signed say a Bennett we could instead sign a Cresswell. Im against selling Benteke but for circa £30m we could hugely improve the squad (depending on his replacement)

I've calmed down a bit from when I first read those comments earlier.

I feel that if we were to get 30 million AND Lerner gave it all to Lambert to spend plus the money he was originally going to give him then it wouldn't be the biggest disaster in the world if Benteke was to go.

My only preference would be if he is to leave I really would prefer he went out of the Premier League.

• Like 1

Unless he leaves England, I can't see him leaving you. I think you'll be surprised at the lack of interest. It's not that he isn't a good player, but at the price that would be required, which clubs would be interested that could afford him? I really don't think we (Spurs) could drop £20 million+ on one striker, as we need to buy a few quality players. I can't believe Wenger would be interested in a player like Benteke and think links to the likes of Jovetic seem much more in keeping with the type of player he'd go for. I see Liverpool in the exact same position as us, as they too need to buy a few players. Chelsea already have Lukaku and the Manchester clubs will only be looking at the worlds best. I can't see anyone else in the Prem being in a position to buy him. The new TV deal is often mentioned but that isn't going to make that much of a difference, as most clubs are still looking to lower their spending. 

But were trying to build something special here

Become the next dortmund

Oh wait.....

Dortmund have lost their best players over last few summers and again this summer

Oh well. Bring on next seasons struggle then. I thought he'd stay but don't look that way now does it really. The longer this rambles on the worse it will get.

Cheers christian for helping us stay up.

Â