Christian Benteke

Kwan

I will post this again, so you can compare against the British Press.

Christian Benteke put his future parentheses to Serbia
BRUSSELS As lightning, Christian Benteke will not take long to strike. One season in England it will be enough to carve a name and draw the envy of all major gondoliers, "If I went to Aston Villa, is that I was sure to succeed, but it is true that I had no idea it would go so fast. "Remain, will not you? That is now the question that could shake the English summer.

Christian, you feel very serene compared to all these transfer rumors.

"This is normal. I've done my job on the field. Now it's my agent to work (Editor's note: Kismet Eris). I know from my 14 years, I have total confidence in him. But I have asked him not to bother me with it during my period with the Devils. It is for him to handle everything that aspect. I have to work on the ground. "

Exactly one year of the World Cup, another club may appear risky.

"Sure. When the situation arises, I will weigh the pros and cons. I have already told my family that I will do with them choice. I do not have the right to make mistakes. "

Because some Lukaku just around the corner. You could yet play two.

"We must tell the manager (Marc Wilmots) is right there. (Smile) But I still believe we can grow together, but it is necessary to distinguish dreams from reality. Maybe if we find ourselves in the same club, they manage to convince him to join us. "(Smile)

It will again wait until August 31 at midnight to see you transferred?

"Not. (Smile) I hope that if I leave the club, it will be faster this time. I remember very well that night, but I've never been afraid that my transfer to Aston Villa top. "

Why?

"Because I am a very religious, as my agent. From the moment we had done our best, the rest does not belong to us. If I had stayed in Genk, is that God wanted some way. "

You still have contacts with people from Racing?

"Yes, I sent a message of congratulations to Mario Been. He replied in English 'You're welcome Christian'! "

But if Arsenal comes, you are ready to go to war this time?

"Not. It would be pointless to go to showdown. Anyway, I think we do not need. If the opportunity arises, I'm sure we can come to a compromise where everyone one wins. But I have no problem to stay another season at Aston Villa. I feel really good! And then there is a huge trust in me. "

• Like 1

Benteke’s agent Kismet Eris said: “This always happens when he goes away with the national team. I’d prefer he didn’t speak to journalists but the Belgian team insist he does a press conference.

“If he was unhappy at Villa we’d have seen that. But he’s not.”

• Like 1

Footballer in shock "bit of a tit" behaviour. Don't know why he keeps on picking Arsenal though, won't fit into their system terribly well.

He never picked Arsenal, the interviewer did, they asked him a hypothetical question.

Exactly - Benteke has said very little about wanting to leave, in fact he has said he's very happy to stay at Villa. He's responded to leading questions and had his interview published with paraphrasing and assumptions thrown in as filler.

Of course he'll be weighing up his options as the kid will be in demand, we all would in the same situation. That is not the same as wanting out however. The fact that other message boards (such as RAWK) are talking about him coming to their team means that the article has done exactly what it was intended - got people other than Villa fans and Belgians reading a story about a player not connected to their team. It's widened the audience with loose suppositions.

If they had led with "Benteke happy at Villa" it would not reach anywhere near as many folk.

• Like 1

The media want him gone don't they

The media want the best story for their paper/website/tv channel.

Not one of the British press has interviewed him personally, they are using the same story and adding their bits in. We all know how lazy sports journalism is, so they've probably got the same piss poor translation as us, yet everybody laps it up without questioning the credibility of the information source.

Is this just the usual Sky take on it? We all know how 'distorted' even the most obscure aside can get. I think there's huge amounts of bluff going on, so better to wait and see.

But, on the off chance of there being some truth to it, then we can consider it as being unfortunate; just a very lucrative bit of business by us.

New quotes from a reporter on twitter.

CB: "It would be pointless to go to showdown. We do not need to. If the opportunity arises, I'm sure we can come to a compromise.."But I have no problem to stay another season at Aston Villa. I feel really good and then there is a huge trust in me.

Edited by lmarsha_926

I think now the lad will force a move if we reject any offers for him.

Someone will offer £15-20m, we will reject it, he'll throw his toys out of the pram, and then we will accept a higher offer. He did the same with Genk, he'll do the same with us.

Huh ? We got a bargain for Benteke when Genk wanted more... but i agree he will throw his toys out of the pram and he will go for less than we want IF we don't agree to sell him at the start. Didn't he refuse to train and play until he forced a move to us ? Why wouldn't after these reports he not do the same again ?

I do know the press may have twisted and exaggerated these words but the story seems believable due to his past sayings about arsenal + he never got hold hostage at Genk. If he didn't go away on international duty with the likes of Lukaku :@ he'd defo be here next year.

CB: "It would be pointless to go to showdown. We do not need to. If the opportunity arises, I'm sure we can come to a compromise.."But I have no problem to stay another season at Aston Villa. I feel really good and then there is a huge trust in me.

Quotes you can see above :)

I think now the lad will force a move if we reject any offers for him.

Someone will offer £15-20m, we will reject it, he'll throw his toys out of the pram, and then we will accept a higher offer. He did the same with Genk, he'll do the same with us.

Huh ? We got a bargain for Benteke when Genk wanted more... but i agree he will throw his toys out of the pram and he will go for less than we want IF we don't agree to sell him at the start. Didn't he refuse to train and play until he forced a move to us ? Why wouldn't after these reports he not do the same again ?

I do know the press may have twisted and exaggerated these words but the story seems believable due to his past sayings about arsenal + he never got hold hostage at Genk. If he didn't go away on international duty with the likes of Lukaku :@ he'd defo be here next year.

He will not go on strike to force a move, its a World Cup year and it will be disastourous.

I will post this again, so you can compare against the British Press.

Now it's my agent to work (Editor's note: Kismet Eris). I know from my 14 years, I have total confidence in him. But I have asked him not to bother me with it during my period with the Devils..."

Hmm. There's obviously a darker side to Christian than any of us have imagined. Have fun with your devils, Christian!  :suspect:

....thats the same quote.

Theres no chance Benteke will strike. He may throw his toys out of his pram a bit in preseason, at worst he may not turn up to some preseason games but I don't see that happening. He wont strike during the actual season though. No chance. Lukaku will be getting a much more important role at Chelsea next year and Benteke will need another season similar to this one to compete with that and be first choice for the world cup.

Benteke will be going to the world cup pretty much whatever happens next season imo. It's that starting place he needs to compete for.

Â