Christian Benteke

Kwan

In all seriousness, why would he stay at villa ?

Pay Rise ? - At the most £50k PW ? - He can get close to double that elsewhere 

Winning Things ? - Ermmmm Nope ?

He likes the area ?

The only reason he will stay is if the move he wants doesn't materialize - lets say Milan  Dortmund  etc - don't won't to pay big money for him just yet.

its 50/50 for me 

Adoration of the fans?

Respect for Lambert?

Not all footballers are soulless words removed.

LOL - Money Talks

Yes, and if we offer him good money and we don't get a ridiculous offer then he'll stay. Boring, boring negativity in yet another thread. I guess now we're safe, people have to have something to moan about :D

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

If a big offer comes in for him, he'll force a move.

Look past the love for the big man and lets remember him for his goals that kept us up.

100% disagree. If he goes, it won't be because of him.

I obviously want CB to stay but I think if we receive an offer of £30m+ then we would be silly not to accept. That is a massive amount of money and if reinvested properly could go a long way to re-establishing us as a top ten side. Yes in the short term Benteke's goals could help move us up the table, but in my eyes we still have a weak squad so even with his goals we could struggle, whereas with an extra 4/5 players brought for that money we could really improve.

He likes the area ?

The only reason he will stay is if the move he wants doesn't materialize - lets say Milan  Dortmund  etc - don't won't to pay big money for him just yet.

its 50/50 for me 

Adoration of the fans?

Respect for Lambert?

Not all footballers are soulless words removed.

LOL - Money Talks

Yes, and if we offer him good money and we don't get a ridiculous offer then he'll stay. Boring, boring negativity in yet another thread. I guess now we're safe, people have to have something to moan about :D

Yes I agree Stefan

He likes the area ?

The only reason he will stay is if the move he wants doesn't materialize - lets say Milan Dortmund etc - don't won't to pay big money for him just yet.

its 50/50 for me

- He's got three years left on his contract, so if Lambert doesn't want to sell him, he doesn't have to (not for a few years anyway).

- He'll get more games at Villa than he would at a club with other top strikers.

- Maybe he will want to repay the faith shown in him by Lambert, by giving us another year or two.

- Money ISN'T everything to ALL footballers.

• Like 1

Yeah we do have to be realistic. And him staying for one more season before the world cup is realistic. Regular first team football is essential for Benteke now. He doesn't want to be doing what Lukaku is doing and not knowing who he will be playing for or if he's just going to be sat on a bench waiting for Torres to get injured.

He might even actually have a bit of common sense and see the benefits of another year at Villa. I assume there is a Belgian term for benchwarmer, because big money move does not always equate to regular first team football.

Realistically the best we can hope for is that he will stay for another year solely to ensure he is number 1 for Beligum in the world cup! 

After that, if scores more than 15 goals next season and has a good world cup, the world will be his oyster!!

Naive to think he would have any loyalty to us however nice the sentiment may seem. All you have to do to understand his situation is:

1) Pretend you are a young Footballer and Belgium is the best league in the world.

2) You get a transfer to a team over there to a team you have never really focused on before, you are clearly the best player and the team scrape past relegation.

3) You realise the fans love you although this will be the case in most teams if you can keep up the form.

4)  Loads of big clubs come in for you.... what do you do?

Realistically the best we can hope for is that he will stay for another year solely to ensure he is number 1 for Beligum in the world cup! 

After that, if scores more than 15 goals next season and has a good world cup, the world will be his oyster!!

Naive to think he would have any loyalty to us however nice the sentiment may seem. All you have to do to understand his situation is:

1) Pretend you are a young Footballer and Belgium is the best league in the world.

2) You get a transfer to a team over there to a team you have never really focused on before, you are clearly the best player and the team scrape past relegation.

3) You realise the fans love you although this will be the case in most teams if you can keep up the form.

4)  Loads of big clubs come in for you.... what do you do?

You stick around cos you like the manager  :)

I don't understand why everyone thinks as soon as something big comes in for him he'll be gone in a flash. He's loves the fans and has big respect for Lambert, he's even said he wants to repay him.

Â