Christian Benteke

Kwan

I hold my hands up and say yep, spurs took that extra step above the "almost" group of Everton, Villa, Newcastle and have now consistently battled for the champs league and qualified. We have very much dropped out of that group, and aren't even talked about in the same breath. However I still don't see it as a huge step forward for Bentekkers, I think if he can do the same again for us next season then he can take his pick of the real big boys.

I think if Bale stays at Spurs, and Benteke joins them they would be very credible candidates for 4th spot without shadow of doubt. And with Spurs having shite and lack of strikers, a move to Spurs is logical. As well as, he's  guaranteed to be starting in all the matches considering the lack of strikers there.

It'd be a good move for him, not sure why some say it wouldn't. However I hope we can keep him this season and see how far we can go with him at the centre of our young squad.

I think if he can do the same again for us next season then he can take his pick of the real big boys.

Top clubs: Why spend 30 million on an excellent player when you can wait a year and spend 60 million on a league-conquering unstoppable towering monster of a player?

apparantly he doesnt want to talk for two weeks because of the belgium friendlies. I can just imagine Hazard and a few of the other belgian players just nudging him saying 'What are you doing at such a small club?. Come to Chelsea... ive won trophies'.

Recent history shows that we have been pretty good on the whole for getting good prices for our in demand players, our big problem is when it comes to re-invest the transfer fees we haven't done it very wisely.

In the Christian Benteke thread!

You do irony well ;)

apparantly he doesnt want to talk for two weeks because of the belgium friendlies. I can just imagine Hazard and a few of the other belgian players just nudging him saying 'What are you doing at such a small club?. Come to Chelsea... ive won trophies'.

...and then Lukaku leaning over to interrupt the conversation and saying '......and if you're really lucky they'll keep loaning you to West Brom'

• Like 1

apparantly he doesnt want to talk for two weeks because of the belgium friendlies.

Stonewall leaving. 

Absolutely no reason why the Belgium friendlies should get in the way of him speaking to us. 

How about a cheeky bid for Lakuku?He can play wide-To pitch him with CB would be interesting.

To get permanently you're looking at a similar figure to that we'd want for Benteke.. Least u forget he got 17 goals this season himself, is what 18/19 and cost Chelsea £18m.. Think on loan is also unlikelahead he has already said he wants to play in Europe (competition wise) to develop further

15 of Lukaku appearances have been from the bench too.

I really don't have a clue who is better between the two.

apparantly he doesnt want to talk for two weeks because of the belgium friendlies.

Stonewall leaving. 

Absolutely no reason why the Belgium friendlies should get in the way of him speaking to us. 

Well he probably won't be in the country for a start

Stonewall leaving. 

Well he probably won't be in the country for a start

But it hardly shows a desire to get it done. We have had all this before with Milner on England duty etc. Excuse after excuse that makes us unable to see what is blatantly staring us in the face. If he was keen to get it done, it would have been done. Our survival was guaranteed over a week ago now. Frank Lampard sorted his out. It really should not be this difficult.

Il stick with my guns and say that I will still be amazed if he is here next season. And the longer it drags out, the more I will think the same about Weimann. Be Elated to be wrong mind but yet again there both lacking that moment early doors where either comes out and says - 'yep Im staying'. 

Edited by Woodytom

Yeah if he has said he wants to wait til after the friendlies then that's very worrying. I'm sure we'd match whatever it is he wants, so him signing a new contract really should take very little time at all. 

Where's this been btw? There could be other explanations of for this though, such as if he's staying in belgium and if the national team is soon travelling to the US he probably doesn't want travel back and forth.

wouldnt we just talk to his agent. Im sure Tekkers doesnt need to be there if he does want to stay. It is still early though. Is Lambert on hols as well?

Where's this been btw? There could be other explanations of for this though, such as if he's staying in belgium and if the national team is soon travelling to the US he probably doesn't want travel back and forth.

Its 2013. There are alternate ways of communication.

AVFC should have been keen to get this done before hand, and so should Benteke (provided he wanted to stay of course). 

Put it this way, If you wanted to stay in a job and you knew you were getting a pay rise - Would you leave it a couple of weeks?

AVFC should have been keen to get this done before hand, and so should Benteke (provided he wanted to stay of course). 

Put it this way, If you wanted to stay in a job and you knew you were getting a pay rise - Would you leave it a couple of weeks?

Isn't it possible CB and AW are happy to stay and happy to see what offers, including ours, come their way?

The power is with the player/agent. I don't see how Villa can force the deals - "Look, we've offered double your money. If you don't sign this week, it is clear you want to leave so we will sell you." It won't work!

Just wondering if the Benteke will he or won't he saga cause any friction between manager and chairman? A big offer comes in and Benteke has told the manager he will stay if we match the wages on offer from the other club but the chairman wants to take the money?

I would if I thought rushing the negotiations might deprive me of a bigger payrise

Â