Christian Benteke

Kwan

I just have this nightmare feeling at the moment that Borussia Dortmund will offer £ 25m for him, we'll most likely accept it after waving around the typical "he's not for sale" bollocks for a couple of days and then he'll be off. His agent just appears far too hawkish for my liking and I wouldnt surprised if we get some serious trouble from this individual at some point in the near future.

He's our most saleable asset, and you know how Randy Lerner likes selling his assets. £25m into his back pocket for the family trust fund, thank you very much.

I hope we can tie him down for another year.

Edited by R.I.C.O.

I just have this nightmare feeling at the moment that Borussia Dortmund will offer £ 25m for him, we'll most likely accept it after waving around the typical "he's not for sale" bollocks for a couple of days and then he'll be off. His agent just appears far too hawkish for my liking and I wouldnt surprised if we get some serious trouble from this individual at some point in the near future.

He's our most saleable asset, and you know how Randy Lerner likes selling his assets. £25m into his back pocket for the family trust fund, thank you very much.

I don't think any of what you have said can be substantiated by looking at history or fact. Like him or not, Randy has spent a good deal more on the club than he's ever got back. Family trust fund? What nonsense. We've sold our players only when they have wanted to leave, and we've got good prices for them. I'll criticise Lerner for poor decision making but he's certainly not skimming off the club and he's not selling our assets on the cheap either.

Edited by PatrickCousens
  • Like 3

I don't think any of what you have said can be substantiated by looking at history or fact. Like him or not, Randy has spent a good deal more on the club than he's ever got back. Family trust fund? What nonsense. We've sold our players only when they have wanted to leave, and we've got good prices for them. I'll criticise Lerner for poor decision making but he's certainly not skimming off the club and he's not selling our assets on the cheap either.

yes I totally agree with you Patrick. He just wanted to cut the wage bill because it was unsustainable. I really don't think he will see Benteke for 25mil

Edited by PaulC

If a sizeable offer comes in, on past experience, do you really think we'll turn it down? Benteke's agent sounds like trouble as well. I wouldnt put it past him to engineer a move this summer. We shall see.....

yes I totally agree with you Patrick. He just wanted to cut the wage bill because it was unsustainable. I really don't think he will see Benteke for 25mil

I believe he gambled & he lost-Is only motive now is to recoup as much of his outlay as possible.The wage bill has been cut to ridiculous proportions in no time whatsoever.We got away with it this season but if we carry on with this policy,it will catch us out eventualy-Just ask Wigan.

I believe he gambled & he lost-Is only motive now is to recoup as much of his outlay as possible.The wage bill has been cut to ridiculous proportions in no time whatsoever.We got away with it this season but if we carry on with this policy,it will catch us out eventualy-Just ask Wigan.

20mil spent last summer would suggest you are wrong! We shall see.

If a sizeable offer comes in, on past experience, do you really think we'll turn it down? Benteke's agent sounds like trouble as well. I wouldnt put it past him to engineer a move this summer. We shall see.....

If we get an offer for £30m then I think we'd be nuts not to take it.  I think that's exactly the way the football club should be run, buy a player, get £23m profit in one season, buy another 5 players.  Lambert could finish building a team on that much and it's clear that is the way he wants to do things.

Edited by sharkyvilla

If we get an offer for £30m then I think we'd be nuts not to take it.  I think that's exactly the way the football club should be run, buy a player, get £23m profit in one season, buy another 5 players.  Lambert could finish building a team on that much and it's clear that is the way he wants to do things.

If we keep selling our best players we will never make progress. We might be nuts to sell him for 30mil because if he ends up leading scorer in the world cup, and I think Belgium will do very well, 30 mil will be nothing compared to what we'll get after that.

If we keep selling our best players we will never make progress. We might be nuts to sell him for 30mil because if he ends up leading scorer in the world cup, and I think Belgium will do very well, 30 mil will be nothing compared to what we'll get after that.

We'll make progress as long as we don't reinvest the money in buying complete duds like we did with the Young, Downing and Milner money.  There are plenty of clubs that succeed with this method.  I'd love to keep him at the club but every player has a price.

Just saw this on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/smCG3fT8qYg

It's his 19 league goals for the season.  It will probably be taken down in an hour, so catch it while you can! 

Only a selection of his 19 goals but still great to watch. He can score every time of goal. 

Finish - no problem. Long range - no problem. Header - no problem. Beat a man - no problem. Tap in - no problem. 

Only type of goal he's yet to add to his repertoire is a spectacular volley. Probably could do that too.

Then he would definitely be £50 million.

Yes but I'd like to keep him for one more season. I guess you can go back to previous eras where we have sold our best players and rebuilt and done better. Like when we sold Andy Gray to Wolves, we spent the money on Peter Withe, Kenny Swain, Tony Morley and won the league and another time we sold David Platt to Bari for 5.5 mil and invested the money in Dean Saunders, Atkinson, Staunton, Houghton etc and came 2nd But that was then I think its more difficult these days to do that.

Edited by PaulC

Just saw this on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/smCG3fT8qYg

It's his 19 league goals for the season.  It will probably be taken down in an hour, so catch it while you can! 

Only a selection of his 19 goals but still great to watch. He can score every time of goal. 

Finish - no problem. Long range - no problem. Header - no problem. Beat a man - no problem. Tap in - no problem. 

Only type of goal he's yet to add to his repertoire is a spectacular volley. Probably could do that too.

Then he would definitely be £50 million.

Didn't he score a nice Volley from outside the box against spurs? Not spectacular, but still.

Also, two superb penos in opposite corners. And another thing I noticed were the goals from tight angles, two beating the keeper at near post, one at the far post. All just perfectly slotted into the small angle the keeper didn't have covered. Top stuff. At the Chelski game I thought he'd run out of space and run himself into too tight an angle before he slotted it in, but at the time I forgot he'd done a similar thing a couple of times before this season.

Edited by Intercourse_The_Penguin

In all seriousness, why would he stay at villa ?

Pay Rise ? - At the most £50k PW ? - He can get close to double that elsewhere 

Winning Things ? - Ermmmm Nope ?

He likes the area ?

The only reason he will stay is if the move he wants doesn't materialize - lets say Milan  Dortmund  etc - don't won't to pay big money for him just yet.

its 50/50 for me 

He likes the area ?

The only reason he will stay is if the move he wants doesn't materialize - lets say Milan  Dortmund  etc - don't won't to pay big money for him just yet.

its 50/50 for me 

Adoration of the fans?

Respect for Lambert?

Not all footballers are soulless words removed.

Maybe to continue his development before he's "ready" for these superclubs and playing regular football as the main man in a system that suits him and fans that love him? Just a thought.

Sure we'll lose him soonish, as he is an exceptional talent but Jesus. It's not "black and white".

• Like 1

He likes the area ?

its 50/50 for me 

Adoration of the fans?

Respect for Lambert?

Not all footballers are soulless words removed.

LOL - Money Talks

Â