Christian Benteke

Kwan

He'll give us another year on a double money deal and then if he has another season like this we obviously all know we will find it impossible to keep him, despite many players leaving for pastures new and finding out the grass isnt always greener.

Aslong as he doesn't do a downing a profess his love for villa and how he wants to stay and then shits himself because the mighty liverpool have made a bid ill be ok. Could not stand him going to a spurs or a liverpool.

• Like 1

We'd offer him a higher wage if he signs an extension than if he doesn't.

We could be offering 40k a year for an amendment to the existing contract compared to 55k a year if he signs a new 4 year contract.

If you were the player/agent what would you do? They'll be pushing for 50k a year for an amendment to the existing contract. That's where the negotiation is.

Double money from £20k (if that's what he's on) to £40k. That will make him one of the top earners once Bent, Given, Dunne and Ireland are gone, so he couldn't complain there. Gabby might be on more but he's a senior player and our all time top Premier League goalscorer.

Then I'd expect him to go after next season, but at least the contract extension will allow us to command a huge fee.

We could be offering 40k a year for an amendment to the existing contract compared to 55k a year if he signs a new 4 year contract.

If you were the player/agent what would you do? They'll be pushing for 50k a year for an amendment to the existing contract. That's where the negotiation is.

When this happens, do players normally getting a big signing fee?  500k - 1million?

When this happens, do players normally getting a big signing fee?  500k - 1million?

I'm not an agent, I don't know.

We could also sell him this summer if we get an offer that is £40-50 million: i.e. the amount Benteke would be worth next summer if he has another 20 goal season.

I don't think he'd become one of the most valuable players in the history of football if he had a second 20+ goal season.

We could also sell him this summer if we get an offer that is £40-50 million: i.e. the amount Benteke would be worth next summer if he has another 20 goal season.

I don't think he'd become one of the most valuable players in the history of football if he had a second 20+ goal season.

Who is Andy Carroll

Players have the power these days.  If he says he wants to get out of dodge then their isnt much the club can do.

Disagree. What's Benteke going to do? He won't go on strike or under-perform the season before the World Cup.

The club have the upper hand this summer. Benteke was plucked out of nowhere and the club is giving him a better deal because he deserves it. They don't even have to give him a better deal.

Question is whether Benteke will sign a three year or four year deal. Four year and we won't have to sell him next summer. Three year and we will sell next summer. That's where the bargaining is.

Could be right in this case.  World Cup might be our biggest saviour.  As you say he wont want to rot on the bench, though would Villa let him if he said he wanted to go.  Cutting their nose off to spite their face.  I still think he will sign on improved terms with an extra year.

Player power is massive these days and IIRC didn't Benteke go on strike at Genk to get his move to us agreed? OK it was only a couple of days of being on strike to get Genk to agree the move but clubs generally buckle quite quickly in these circumstances World Cup or no World Cup.

No one will offer us £40m that's just silly but remember we are on a belt tightening exercise still and Lerner will serious look at offers over £15m IMO which is a double your money deal. Most of the other players leaving will be on frees so if Lerner wants to generate cash he may decide to sell a lot lower than people want.

I'm not an agent, I don't know.

You're Barry Bannan's mum. 

Players have the power these days.  If he says he wants to get out of dodge then their isnt much the club can do.

Disagree. What's Benteke going to do? He won't go on strike or under-perform the season before the World Cup.

The club have the upper hand this summer. Benteke was plucked out of nowhere and the club is giving him a better deal because he deserves it. They don't even have to give him a better deal.

Question is whether Benteke will sign a three year or four year deal. Four year and we won't have to sell him next summer. Three year and we will sell next summer. That's where the bargaining is.

This is correct in theory, but it never seems to work out that way.

Who is Andy Carroll

How is that in any way related?

I think he's saying that you don't need to be one of the best players in history for some idiot club to spunk a ridiculous amount of money on you

There we are :)

Â