Christian Benteke

Kwan

Only Liverpool player I'd be interested in a swop would be Lallana, that sort of clever wide midfield player is the sort we've missed for years but they signed him for 25m and hardly likely to put him in a deal for say 7m.

If Benteke goes he goes. Christ he couldn't have done much more for us could he.

Won an FA cup?

Sacked his dickhead of an agent?

Signed a lifelong contract without a release fee or expiry date?

I don't mind players leaving if they aren't getting football here ala Luna, Weimann et al. They will get all the well wishes in the world from me because they just want to play and they aren't getting the opportunity here...

Its the people who leave us for more money and to win things with other clubs who can, to be fair, get f**ked

couldnt agree more. He should stay here in his dead-end job instead of trying to better himself elsewhere

offer him to United for £27.5m, and tell Liverpool they can't have the same deal because we "don't want to sell to a direct competitor".

Direct competitor to stay in the League? I know Liverpool fans are deluded but let's not join them by saying we not far behind them. We are miles behind them!

yeah, but it's a joke about how deluded they are.

We should get another striker in and say to CB, earn your place this season - if he won't commit to the club let's start making plans without him. Randy's purse strings willing.

He did commit to the club. Didn't he sign a new contract last year? Or the one before? This is a stupid idea.

He stays. Unless someone ponys up the cash.

Liverpool remain keen on Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke, 24, but are still refusing to pay the £32m asking price - despite selling 20-year-old forward Raheem Sterling to Manchester City for £49m on Tuesday.

Oh just **** right off now.

How is that even news. Its just tapping up.

"Christian, we don't really want to pay full wack for you because, If we're honest, we don't really rate you that highly. So be a dear and kick up a fuss. A transfer request would do nicely"

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

They've been linked to llorente again this morning I think that's our best way out, he'll be cheaper, easier to get and their knowledgable fan base will all declare him a better player despite his age and huge dip over the last couple of years

Spurs have cleared the way for Liverpool to prepare a bid while Man United are monitoring the situation.

Villa have slapped a high price on the want-away striker who had his heart set on a move away.

So have I covered all the day's "news" ahead of time?

Note Villa

Only Liverpool player I'd be interested in a swop would be Lallana, that sort of clever wide midfield player is the sort we've missed for years but they signed him for 25m and hardly likely to put him in a deal for say 7m.

If Benteke goes he goes. Christ he couldn't have done much more for us could he.

Won an FA cup?

Sacked his dickhead of an agent?

Signed a lifelong contract without a release fee or expiry date?

I don't mind players leaving if they aren't getting football here ala Luna, Weimann et al. They will get all the well wishes in the world from me because they just want to play and they aren't getting the opportunity here...

Its the people who leave us for more money and to win things with other clubs who can, to be fair, get f**ked

couldnt agree more. He should stay here in his dead-end job instead of trying to better himself elsewhere

Or stay and actually build a better team so no longer a dead end job!!!  Here’s a novel thought, how about players try and win things and achieve success through long-term commitment and hard graft instead of looking for the easy option?  Unless this attitude changes I fear we will be stuck with the Sky  four for eternity!  Please God no!

• Like 1

Spurs have cleared the way for Liverpool to prepare a bid while Man United are monitoring the situation.

Villa have slapped a high price on the want-away striker who had his heart set on a move away.

I'm just waiting for Benteke to issue a "come and get me plea"

Then we have transfer merry go round bingo

• Like 2

I really do think Man United should buy him, not because I dislike Liverpool, but because I think it's a better fit for both parties.

actualy been thinking this.they used Fellaini as a target man last season especialy when down in games

if they showed some interest im sure he would see it as a better fit.they know how to use a target man as are used to it plus are champions league and stand better chance of top 4 than plop

I don't think he needs to, even f he moaned in the papers I'm hoping villa won't budge, so if he goes down the sterling route he'll just make himself look a dick, sherwood announcing the clause looks a master stroke at the moment, it's left us quietly getting on with things whilst Liverpools ex players and fans do all the sweating

I'm just waiting for Benteke to issue a "come and get me plea"

Then we have transfer merry go round bingo

I think we need "Warchest" in there somewhere to complete the set.

• Like 1

Â