Christian Benteke

Kwan

He'll be at Man United by September.

No he won't.

Ohhhh yes he will!

My post makes it look like I know something. I don't. I'll rephrase

"If I was putting a bet on where he'd be in September, I'd choose Man Utd"

And I think he'll be bloody good there too.

Don't waste your money.

Is this you pretending you know something?

Or do you just disagree?

Where do you think he will be in September?

Liverpool.

• Like 1

Hope wherever he goes...

He does his cruciates in...

and Kismet is in a car crash....

It's a game mate. Just a game....

Yep.

After this season nothing hurts me anymore. I've come to accept we are just making up the numbers, loyalty is dead, the top four are what matters and anything else is just there to keep those teams afloat. 

Hope wherever he goes...

Yep.

After this season nothing hurts me anymore. I've come to accept we are just making up the numbers, loyalty is dead, the top four are what matters and anything else is just there to keep those teams afloat. 

Absolutely. The rest of us are only here in order that they can maintain a Premier League. And everything is skewed to make sure that they maintain their top positions. You will think it is the musings of an old guy, but oh for the good old days of a level playing field.

Hope wherever he goes...

Yep.

Absolutely. The rest of us are only here in order that they can maintain a Premier League. And everything is skewed to make sure that they maintain their top positions. You will think it is the musings of an old guy, but oh for the good old days of a level playing field.

but in the prem on any given day anyone can beat anyone, sky even said so... the illusion that we are all competing in the prem means that nothing will happen about it any time soon, the reality is we are every bit as bad as the likes of la liga, only a select few clubs can win the league, no different from spain, from about 7th down we're all just part of the happy to be here brigade, the surprising thing about it is that the likes of liverpool (cos its always their year) spurs (cos when they get their new stadium they'll be up there) southampton (cos they have an endless supply of good youngsters so selling 4 of them every summer wont matter) and then the stokes and swanseas of this world who see 8th as something great, really dont it for what it is, its a closed shop

• Like 1

Also, on rebuilding, it's worth keeping in mind that Benteke isn't particularly well paid in Premier league terms - I've seen people saying "Sell him for £30m and get three £10m players in to improve the squad." 

Benteke sold for £32.5m plus the last two remaining years of his contract not spent would bring in about £37.5m. 

if we buy a player like Townsend from Spurs for say £10m, he's going to want the going rate for a four year contract  - say £60k a week. That's £22m of that £37.5m spent on one £10m player.

Except you're taking things a little wrong. Benteke out for 32.5m saves us say 2.5m in wages a year plus gets us 32.5m

If we buy Townsend for 10m on a 4 year deal, and pay him 4m a year, that equates to 6.5m of the 32.5m of the benteke money spent in year one, same year 2, same year 3. if wages were all paid up front, and fees werent amortized, then your line of thinking would be correct, but it works differently to that. Any signings we make this year, we're only really concerned with the cost of the fee divided by length of the contract, plus one year's wage, since the benteke money would (should) be upfront given that it's a release clause, while player acquisitions are handled differently

Does minium fee clause work like in FM that they have to pay the full amount at once, or can they structure it for longer time?

I'd guess they have to pay it in one go. Because otherwise they could structure it where they pay £1 now and the other installments in five years time for example and we'd be obliged to accept it, which can't be right.

Edited by Isa

Does minium fee clause work like in FM that they have to pay the full amount at once, or can they structure it for longer time?

I'd hope so otherwise, as someone said earlier, they could offer 1p upfront and then structure it however they want.

Â