Christian Benteke

Kwan

Just saw his interview after the game, said it is a new start for him now and although the result wasn't good he is happy that he got a goal. Also said the 2nd half performance was much better from the team and that he believes as a striker he should be trying to score in every game.

His English is really good now compared to when he joined, nice to see him being interviewed as it is quite rare but yeah, fingers crossed it is a new start for him and he can start firing away.

It truly was a brilliant goal last night and in the North Stand I'd argue the funniest thing ever to take place at Villa Park occurred (I know there's some competition for that).

After Benteke scored, this woman stood up and sang the whole of this song (Even did her own back up)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLGrnmRJVS0

Edited by 8pints

He had a simular start last season, but without the injuries and ended with 19. I think it's important for him to have a fit Gabby with him also. Gabby's looks to be finding form and Christian has looked much much better since his come back from injury I think we should be ok.

He just need someone to provide the ammo...over to you Lambert and Lerner.

the affect he has on the team is unbelievable when he remembered how to play football so did all the others.

Yes, kind of like when he came on as a sub for the first time after his injury. All our players grew an inch, and Villa Park went nuts.

That boost was heavy and it ended quickly, this one was lighter but hopefully lasts longer.

• Like 2

Decent football all round for the goal last night. Bacuna's fighting perseverance, Lowton's cross when he had been having such a mare defensively and, finally, a great diving header by Tekkers to get his eye in again.

Dare I say there was just a few glimpses of what we can do?

From another angle. What a ball from Lowton.

Benteke1b.gif

The only thing that slightly made me uneasy after this goal was that (now i may be wrong here) but i think only Vlaar and Bacuna congratulated him on scoring the goal. I know yes it was 1-2 and we probably wanted to restart quickly but you'd have thought more people would have congratulated him. Secondly you can see as he scores the goal in the gif none of the players throw their hands in the air to celebrate the goal like they were doing last season.

I may be reading way to much into this but it almost feels as if the team are emotionally distanced from Benteke, giving us a further clue he'll be off in the summer. 

From another angle. What a ball from Lowton.

Benteke1b.gif

The only thing that slightly made me uneasy after this goal was that (now i may be wrong here) but i think only Vlaar and Bacuna congratulated him on scoring the goal. I know yes it was 1-2 and we probably wanted to restart quickly but you'd have thought more people would have congratulated him. Secondly you can see as he scores the goal in the gif none of the players throw their hands in the air to celebrate the goal like they were doing last season.

I may be reading way to much into this but it almost feels as if the team are emotionally distanced from Benteke, giving us a further clue he'll be off in the summer. 

That is one of the most stupid things I have read on here in a few years, talk about making something out of nothing! Do you really think tired players are noticing who is scoring the goal 40 yards ahead of them, when they have been raped by Arsenal for 80 minutes? The team were woeful and the loss was all but secured, that is perhaps why they aren't celebrating. Of course at 2-1 anything can happen, but at 2-0 we looked much more like conceding another goal and that was probably the mentality going on out there.

• Like 2

I may be reading way to much into this 

You are. We were still losing when that goal went in. Had he scored with his later chance, you'd have seen all the players celebrating  I'm sure

• Like 1

Secondly you can see as he scores the goal in the gif none of the players throw their hands in the air to celebrate the goal like they were doing last season.

as rare we score at home in the league they were probably just in shock that it went in ;)

Edited by Zatman

Â