Christian Benteke

Kwan

Benteke's body language since coming back from injury has suggested to me he really doesn't want to be here any more. Whats the chances of a deal already done and Lambert is leaving him out til January? 

Quite far fetched, but I wouldn't be completely shocked if it was the case. 

Hopefully this explains his poor form after his lay off.

Why are we playing him if he's carrying knocks though?

Desperation to gain points?

Kozak was signed exactly so we could cope without Benteke. If Benteke was rushed back then that is inexcusable by Lambert really.

I feel a bit bad now for laying into Benteke as I did.

Lambert (or his staff) did not know the full extent of the injury? Kozak would have started against Fulham.

Benteke's body language since coming back from injury has suggested to me he really doesn't want to be here any more. Whats the chances of a deal already done and Lambert is leaving him out til January? 

Total rubbish if you want to accept my reply to that suggestion.

Total rubbish if you want to accept my reply to that suggestion.

I do accept!

• Like 1

Seems like they had known he has been injured for ages.

Why was he not rested for Man Utd and maybe today? Its clear our two big games are Palace and Swansea next week then Sunderland away is a game we need to not lose.

Edited by AndyM3000

Hopefully this explains his poor form after his lay off.

Why are we playing him if he's carrying knocks though?

Desperation to gain points?

Kozak was signed exactly so we could cope without Benteke. If Benteke was rushed back then that is inexcusable by Lambert really.

I feel a bit bad now for laying into Benteke as I did.

Its the medical staffs call. Lambert would have nothing to do with it. 

• Like 1

If he was rushed back then I'd argue that Lambert certainly did play a part in it. Not in the medical staff's interests to declare him fit when he isn't unless there has been pressure on them to.

I think there's no doubts on the legitimacy of HH now.  The injury wasn't even reported by the media pre-match and we all knew last night.

:thumb:

Wish he'd deliver some bloody good news though.

Edited by Wainy316

Seems like they had known he has been injured for ages.

Why was he not rested for Man Utd and maybe today? Its clear our two big games are Palace and Swansea next week then Sunderland away is a game we need to not lose.

He injured his knee in that international. Probably shouldn't have come back straight after that.

I agree, it was reported at the time an injury had flared up with Belgium in November and he hasn't looked right since, at least when he came back first time he was still getting chances and looking a threat in games, just poor finishing but now he's barely doing anything in games.

I think injuries are a big part of this, he looked happy enough first 5 games of the season didn't he?

I was also thinking this as well. Would not surprise me. I'll believe the official line on it for now though.

Not so sure it's decent at all, let alone Premier League-material. Albrighton, Tonev and Kozak - all limited players with one distinct skill to them, but all below average when it comed to everything else. I doubt many clubs will play a worse line-up on boxing day, luckily we are playing Crystal Palace

I read in the I newspaper today (students and skin flints choice) that Aston Villa are too relient on Benteke and missing him badly hence our poor form. I would say it is due to our defence playing like last season rather than the suprising amount of clean sheets earlier on. Kozak has got as many goals as Benteke now I believe? I think our forwards are ok it is just the defence without blancmange Ron I am worried about. Very worried.

Â