Christian Benteke

Kwan

In all seriousness if Bale went for £60m we'd have to ask for £30m from Spurs. Bale is obviously outstanding but he only scored one more goal the Benteke last season, who is younger and didn't start playing until September. Obviously Bale is superior but more than twice the player? No chance.

• Like 2

Rooney to Chelsea

Lukaku to United

Bale to Madrid

Benteke to Spurs

Some Unknown to Villa

Think that could be more likely, couldn't think of who else Moyes would go for so I thought it might be interesting if Lukaku was part of a swap (although I admit that's unlikely)

Rooney to Chelsea, 

Bale to United

Hernandez to Villa

Benteke to Spurs

We are trying to get rid of Bent so we go out and sign a player exactly like Bent?

I'd liken him more to Weiman but agree with where you're coming from.Our style of play requires contribution from our No 9 from further out.It will be a relatively unheard of player who replaces Benteke.

I wonder whether a traditional big man is necessary now-I take on board that Lambert has always used one but I think his style has shifted,even in the short period that he's been with us.

Another option available to us (not that I'd choose it) is to go with Gabby up front & one of the new lads out wide.

I'm convinced we've got goals in this side,with or without Benteke-Just wish I was as confident about the defence.

Lambo will definitely go with a big man up front because it's his style &  always gives you an attacking focal point. If not Benteke, then whomever. I'm 100% certain the decision makers at our Club have already identified Benteke's replacement if it becomes necessary.

The waiting is always the worst part of these drawn out transfer saga's but as long as we ultimately  get what we want whether it be a rapproachment & new improved terms with Benteke or a wad load of cash then fine.

They won't sell to Utd, they would rather sell to Madrid..

I bet there is a deal to be made though, a fair deal, one that suits both parties.
Rooney + £25m = Gareth Bale

No Benteke bid from Spurs unless this doesn't happen.

Can't see that though, Rooney's wages would absolutely blow Spurs wage structure out of the water Edited by LockStockVilla

I just watched "Agbonlahors 63 goals" on AVTV, and it's made me actually have to retract my earlier statement regarding CB's body language and celebrations. He actually looked genuinely happy celebrating those goals with Gabby. Just want this sorted either way as soon as possible.

• Like 3

I think that Man Ure going in for Bale will be great news for Lambert,Faulkner and co in dealing with Benteke.

It will put doubt in CB's mind about Spuds ambition (assuming to isn't just the cash); it will make Spuds more desperate to buy replacements as without Bale they are not CL contenders and make their waiting ploy very dangerous; it will mean we know they will have cash if they sell; and this all means we can make Levy's job a lot more difficult.

We didnt turn on Lambert after he dropped our best player, we got thrashed 8-0 , kicked out of the cup by a League two side and he put us into the relegation zone.

Why would we turn on him for benching a player if he has attitude issues?

Â